Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh on KNBR

Originally posted by susweel:
Maybe he meant best looking hands he has ever seen. Crabtree is a happy dude

lol @ the fruity smilies.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Crabtree has very good hands. Almost every catch he makes looks more difficult than it should be because the ball is never in a great spot. Most will blame that on Crabtree being hurt and not having chemistry with Alex - even though QBs all over the league manage to place the ball in decent spots for guys they don't have much practice with.

That being said, I'm positive Harbaugh is blowing smoke up Crabtree's ass.

But I wonder how many people who refuse to believe Harbaugh is serious about Crabtree actually believe he's serious in his praise for Alex.

That's ridiculous, Crabtree has straight up dropped many balls that hit him in the hands and you blame it on Alex? Crabtree has a bit of 49ers era Brandon Lloyd syndrome, where he can make remarkable catches, but he has little consistency with routine ones. Crabtree asked for balls to be thrown slightly high so he can go up and get them. Crabtree was tipping balls up in the air that hit him right in the hands, leading to all those INT's in his rookie year. No doubt, his ineffectiveness is a result of him missing training camp every year he's been in the league. Alex isn't perfect all the time, but on many occasions, he's put the ball right where he was supposed to and Crabtree didn't make the play.

But look at Eli's passes they're always perfect and all his receivers never make crazy catches. Oh wait I think I got that mixed up?
To play the bashing game...ala bashing Smith, Harbaugh was:

1. just trying to build up MC's confidence.
  2. trying to build up his trade value.
  3. did not deny MC's lack of speed.
  4. said nothing of MCs route running.
  5. wants to motivate the other receivers who will eventually take over the 1st, 2nd & 3rd positions.

Or:
6. Harbaugh doesn't know receviing...just QBing.
7. Listeners did not see JH's eyes rolling as he said it.
8. Harbaugh always says nice things about players.
8's not true, criticized rookies for being out of shape.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Crabtree has very good hands. Almost every catch he makes looks more difficult than it should be because the ball is never in a great spot. Most will blame that on Crabtree being hurt and not having chemistry with Alex - even though QBs all over the league manage to place the ball in decent spots for guys they don't have much practice with.

That being said, I'm positive Harbaugh is blowing smoke up Crabtree's ass.

But I wonder how many people who refuse to believe Harbaugh is serious about Crabtree actually believe he's serious in his praise for Alex.

That's ridiculous, Crabtree has straight up dropped many balls that hit him in the hands and you blame it on Alex? Crabtree has a bit of 49ers era Brandon Lloyd syndrome, where he can make remarkable catches, but he has little consistency with routine ones. Crabtree asked for balls to be thrown slightly high so he can go up and get them. Crabtree was tipping balls up in the air that hit him right in the hands, leading to all those INT's in his rookie year. No doubt, his ineffectiveness is a result of him missing training camp every year he's been in the league. Alex isn't perfect all the time, but on many occasions, he's put the ball right where he was supposed to and Crabtree didn't make the play.
You are thinking about his second year. He does have very strong hands, which was apparent his rookie year. I remember his first game against Houston, he was just snatching balls out of the air like nothing. None of receivers were even close to that back then
Best WR Hands:
#1. Chris Carter, #4. Larry Fitzgerald, #3. John Jefferson, Steve Largent, Lynn Swann?, Brandon Lloyd, Reggie Wayne?
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Best WR Hands:
#1. Chris Carter, #4. Larry Fitzgerald, #3. John Jefferson, Steve Largent, Lynn Swann?, Brandon Lloyd, Reggie Wayne?

Ummm you DIDNT put JR? shame on you
Simply enough... This is this generations version of Bill Walsh. Jim Harbaugh will win multiple Super Bowls in SF
Originally posted by ubaisore94:
Ummm you DIDNT put JR? shame on you

Jerry Rice ranks as GOAT. He is too good to get a number ranking.
Crabtree loses concentration at times, but he has made a boatload of difficult catches, especially near the sidelines.

I didn't just blame Alex. That's just what you wanted to read. The way I see it is if you touch the ball, you should catch it. Crabtree has dropped some easy catches. I never said he didn't. What I said is the ball is often placed in a poor spot so his catches look more difficult than they should be. You can blame that solely on Crabtree if you want, but I feel the QB should take some of the responsibility for that.

This is the problem with many on this board. Nothing is EVER Alex's fault - to any degree. For others, everything is ALWAYS Alex's fault, which is equally ridiculous. I'm in the middle. He needs to take some of the blame for holding the ball too long sometimes, getting flustered and automatically looking for the checkdown or throwing it out of bounds - or, in this case, not placing it in a great spot for his receiver to make something happen. Is it all his fault? Absolutely not. Does he play a role in it? Absolutely.
Biletnikoff--stickem or no stickem.
I would disagree that Crabtree has better hands than a lot of the receivers I'm sure Harbaugh has seen and been around.... However, that's not to say that Crabtree doesn't have excellent hands. Crabtree has made A LOT of spectacular catches since he was drafted, and definitely has #1 WR-type hands in my opinion. Every now and then, he'll have concentration issues, and that's probably why most people think he's got good, but not great, hands.

I personally think Harbaugh is just trying to talk his guy up and get him some confidence like he did with Alex Smith.
Crabtree must not bite his nails I guess.
He is challenging Randy Moss!! Randy is up there in the top 3 best hands. This should make for a fierce training camp competition. I hope they battle for Harbaughs title all year long.