LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Harbaugh on KNBR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I was driving around town earlier and I heard him on with Kevin Lynch. He was on there pimping some charity like salvation army or something.

Key points from the interview.

- Praised the guys for how hard they are practicing.

- Praised Alex says he now looks like a man and not that skinny 20 year old that he was when he was first drafted.

- Praised Moss said he is fast, and has been very in to the classes and learning the playbook.

- Praised Crabs said he has the best hands he has ever seen.

Harbaugh is a very smart dude, he uses praise to build up dudes that really need it.
[ Edited by susweel on May 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
I was driving around town earlier and I heard him on with Kevin Lynch. He was on there pimping some charity like salvation army or something.

- Praised Alex says he now looks like a man and not that skinny 20 year old that he was when he was first drafted.

- Praised Moss said he is fast, and has been very in to the classes and learning the playbook.

Harbaugh is a very smart dude, he uses praise to build up dudes that really need it.

In before the "he didn't really mean it" comments.
In before the Kyle Williams lynch mob!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by susweel:

In before the "he didn't really mean it" comments.

Maybe he meant best looking hands he has ever seen. Crabtree is a happy dude
"best hands i've ever seen." maybe he was saying that about Crabs to give him more confidence.
maybe he just got a manicure
Crabrtree has great hands.

The problem is the concentration issue when he's guarded
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

That's a big problem for someone who is supposed to be our #1 WR.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Nah.

His hands are the best ever. It's just that his arms are so long it's very difficult for him to maneuver his hands into the correct position.
Crabtree has very good hands. Almost every catch he makes looks more difficult than it should be because the ball is never in a great spot. Most will blame that on Crabtree being hurt and not having chemistry with Alex - even though QBs all over the league manage to place the ball in decent spots for guys they don't have much practice with.

That being said, I'm positive Harbaugh is blowing smoke up Crabtree's ass.

But I wonder how many people who refuse to believe Harbaugh is serious about Crabtree actually believe he's serious in his praise for Alex.
[ Edited by 49erRider on May 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM ]

Heard the interview

He said the players that stood out to him the most are crabtree moss Alex and Vernon
I don't think players on the Niners get praise anymore "because they really need it".

This isn't a Mike Nolan team.
This isn't Mike Singletary team.

This is the frickin' NFC west champs that went to the NFC championship game last season with a 13-3 record. They are an NFL elite team. No b******t anymore. Fans liiving in the doldrum past need to get up to speed.
Yes heard the interview. He said both Crabs and Moss had great hands. Said Moss is deceptivly fast and quick to pick up the system quickly and Alex is as knowledgable as the coaches concerning the play book.
In case you missed it . .

http://www.knbr.com/portals/3/podcasts/fitzbrooks/051812jimharbaugh.mp3
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Crabtree has very good hands. Almost every catch he makes looks more difficult than it should be because the ball is never in a great spot. Most will blame that on Crabtree being hurt and not having chemistry with Alex - even though QBs all over the league manage to place the ball in decent spots for guys they don't have much practice with.

That being said, I'm positive Harbaugh is blowing smoke up Crabtree's ass.

But I wonder how many people who refuse to believe Harbaugh is serious about Crabtree actually believe he's serious in his praise for Alex.

That's ridiculous, Crabtree has straight up dropped many balls that hit him in the hands and you blame it on Alex? Crabtree has a bit of 49ers era Brandon Lloyd syndrome, where he can make remarkable catches, but he has little consistency with routine ones. Crabtree asked for balls to be thrown slightly high so he can go up and get them. Crabtree was tipping balls up in the air that hit him right in the hands, leading to all those INT's in his rookie year. No doubt, his ineffectiveness is a result of him missing training camp every year he's been in the league. Alex isn't perfect all the time, but on many occasions, he's put the ball right where he was supposed to and Crabtree didn't make the play.
Share 49ersWebzone