There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Make Dashon Goldson the highest paid safety in the league?

Make Dashon Goldson the highest paid safety in the league?

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by sachie23:
I agree he has no leverage. The 9ers basically let him walk last year and no team had any interest. I'd rather address FS next year in the draft and pay Bowman (long term) and Soap (short term). The front 7 is the strength of the team

Agreed. Our front 7 is more important, and I feel confident that Donatell can get enough out of another safety to make Goldson expendable if he's unwilling to play for a reasonable amount. I wouldn't lock up 8 mil per on a FS behind this front 7... not with the cap situation being what it is.

Agreed with this statement. There is a lot of FS or SS coming out next year. If we by someway don't get one of the elite prospects next year, we would still have spillman and robinson.
Dashon Goldson just posted a picture on instagram signing some papers. Could it be his tender?
  • Bille
  • Veteran
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Goldson-Signs-One-Year-Franchise-Tender/5455a981-4fe7-448d-8daf-0103303d939f
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Cool, maybe he will play lights out, help us win a superbowl and go get paid in DC.
I'm glad he signed. We didn't need him starting the season out of shape. He thinks he's better than he is...i don't think 49ers have any intention of paying him what he's asking for.
Originally posted by Chief:
Cool, maybe he will play lights out, help us win a superbowl and go get paid in DC.

the american dream
Originally posted by sachie23:
I'm glad he signed. We didn't need him starting the season out of shape. He thinks he's better than he is...i don't think 49ers have any intention of paying him what he's asking for.

well the chargers f**ked everything up by making eric weddle the highest paid safety in NFL history