LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

Kilgore working at Center with the 1st team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Probably a typo. Then again, John owns the private jet. I guess Harbaugh wasn't invited. Uh ohhhhhh. Hahaha

Just the signing of Jonathan Martin would signal a move that Harbaugh would surely be signing off on. You know bringing that guy here would most certainly be something Jim might like and could aid in repairing some hurt feelings around here. LOL!! As if there were any that needed repairing.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Looks like we're going to go with Kilgore and possibly trade for Jonathan Martin -

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 29m
According to a source at Miami international airport, a flight to Miami has been chartered by John York & Trent Baalke set to land at 18:00.

Why the hell would John York be going? That guy needs to stay clear the hell away from everything. Okay well, I guess unless it was for some medical reason since he is a doctor but he's not the team physician so that wouldn't make any sense either.

lol this is only going to fan the flames.

In all seriousness...the rest of the twitter convo talks about Boldin living in Miami and Kap training there so it doesn't necessarily connect with Martin.

like the only thing in Miami is the Dolphins..lol

Guy is also saying Paraag is on the flight as well. So to me that means contract negotiations.

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 3m
Also confirmed just now, Paraag Marathe is on the charted flight as well.

....its pretty funny, people in the JH thread are saying we are trading Harbaugh to Miami. According to "rumors on the twitter"

and something that probably happens that nobody pays attention to during those ceremonial "look at this guy signing a contract" pics....a plain ol' lawyer / legal person is in the room cause he is also saying.

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 1m
One more confirmed person on the charted flight is Michelle Capaci. Apparently she's a legal executive with the 49ers.

so unless there is something really weird going on she is probably always in the room when discussing trades or contracts but not reported because she's just a random person.

and he's not going to venture a guess beyond stating that they are going there.

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 5m
At this point, I don't know why these 49ers execs are headed to Miami and I refuse to speculate.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 27, 2014 at 1:27 PM ]
like the kilgore deal. reminds me of giving ian williams and alex boone cheap extensions before they proved to be players.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
like the kilgore deal. reminds me of giving ian williams and alex boone cheap extensions before they proved to be players.

Agreed.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Now maybe all the mocksters who had us drafting a C, especially in the early rounds will understand with the adept drafting Baalke's done in recent years he looks internally before drafting a would-be starter or signing an external FA. Extending Kilgore means they can let Goodwin walk...it also frees up @ $3M in cap space, which they'll probably use to pay Kilgore and ?? Think this also paves the way for Looney to replace Iupati after next season. TB can draft some depth now, and more next year. As for the reported flt to Miami, I don't know that it means they're going after Martin.

It won't free up anymore cap space. Goodwin was already considered off the books for 2014.
Originally posted by sfout:
Guy is also saying Paraag is on the flight as well. So to me that means contract negotiations.

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 3m
Also confirmed just now, Paraag Marathe is on the charted flight as well.

....its pretty funny, people in the JH thread are saying we are trading Harbaugh to Miami. According to "rumors on the twitter"

and something that probably happens that nobody pays attention to during those ceremonial "look at this guy signing a contract" pics....a plain ol' lawyer / legal person is in the room cause he is also saying.

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 1m
One more confirmed person on the charted flight is Michelle Capaci. Apparently she's a legal executive with the 49ers.

so unless there is something really weird going on she is probably always in the room when discussing trades or contracts but not reported because she's just a random person.

and he's not going to venture a guess beyond stating that they are going there.

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 5m
At this point, I don't know why these 49ers execs are headed to Miami and I refuse to speculate.

Would make more sense if it's anything to do with Jonathan Martin. Harbaugh was his coach in Stanford. Who better to resurrect your NFL career than with an old college coach. In a way, Harbaugh would help reinstate Martin into a better locker room environment.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 27, 2014 at 1:52 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Would make more sense if it's anything to do with Jonathan Martin. Harbaugh was his coach in Stanford. Who better to resurrect your NFL career than with an old college coach.

martin to sf makes sense. flying to miami in order to acquire him does not. is he even in miami anymore? a typical trade just gets done on the phone.
  • thl408
Would make more sense if it's anything to do with Jonathan Martin. Harbaugh was his coach in Stanford. Who better to resurrect your NFL career than with an old college coach.

martin to sf makes sense. flying to miami in order to acquire him does not. is he even in miami anymore? a typical trade just gets done on the phone.

True, but this wouldn't a normal acquisition considering JMartin's recent news. Perhaps the staff wants to see his mindset face to face. Still, why does this all have to happen for a back up tackle?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:

John York chartered a plane to Florida to sign the great Jonathan Martin?

There are also league meetings in either Miami or Orlando in the next few days as well. Not super important meetings but meetings nonetheless.

IMO this contract talk with Boldin, Gore, Kap / early arrival for meetings.
Originally posted by thl408:

True, but this wouldn't a normal acquisition considering JMartin's recent news. Perhaps the staff wants to see his mindset face to face. Still, why does this all have to happen for a back up tackle?

personally i think they'd be in on martin, but i dont think this is the reason they're boarding a flight to miami.

Originally posted by AmpLee:

John York chartered a plane to Florida to sign the great Jonathan Martin?

Yeah, that part doesn't make sense but if Martin is down there, Baalke would want to talk to Martin. Do an interview like a draft pick on how he would view going to the 49ers. Maybe to even reassured Martin that Niners has the best environment for him. You don't trade for a player if he doesn't want to be with your team. Especially in Martin's case.

Wouldn't put past Harbaugh and the Niners FO going out of their way to help out Martin reinstated by making a flight there.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 27, 2014 at 2:00 PM ]

My best guess is Kap...he's the only one that they'd fly down to get the contract signed. Boldin might be down there too but he doesn't need the plane to get a deal done.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We can't acquire Martin until we do something with Iupati.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We can't acquire Martin until we do something with Iupati.

and why is that? martin making like under a mil next season. i dont know if they go get him, but they dont have to do something with iupati in order to get martin.
Originally posted by thl408:

personally i think they'd be in on martin, but i dont think this is the reason they're boarding a flight to miami.

Contract extension for Kaep. He is in Miami training with Patton. They are not going to charter a plane and all go for Jonathan Martin! LOL
Share 49ersWebzone