There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CJ Spillman vs Goldson

He did good in the BAL game. Ive always liked him. I hope he gets more playing time.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
He did good in the BAL game. Ive always liked him. I hope he gets more playing time.

Came up clutch at the goal-line
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I like Goldson, I really like Goldson.

I also agree the plays he makes are not luck. he IS a playmaker.

I just wonder if his character is the reason the coaching staff is reluctant to give him a long term contract. Hell, I wonder if that is why the whole NFL was reluctant to give him a long term contract when he tested the waters last year

What is wrong with his character? I don't see him getting into any off the field trouble. He was a bit of a douche last offseason and I think part of that was his agents doing. However he took his humble pie and had a great year.

Thats what Im talking about, his douch offseason last year. Was that a localized/isolated event or is he generally a douche?

I like Goldson, his style of play is ideal for our defense.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Thats what Im talking about, his douch offseason last year. Was that a localized/isolated event or is he generally a douche?

I like Goldson, his style of play is ideal for our defense.

I don't think a professional organization lets a good player walk out the door because they might be a slight douche. Remember these people we are talking about are all rich. They are more than likely all douches in some way or another.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Thats what Im talking about, his douch offseason last year. Was that a localized/isolated event or is he generally a douche?

I like Goldson, his style of play is ideal for our defense.

I don't think a professional organization lets a good player walk out the door because they might be a slight douche. Remember these people we are talking about are all rich. They are more than likely all douches in some way or another.

the only reason i even suspect him of being a slight douch is bc of the webzone this summer....

does the webzone over react
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Thats what Im talking about, his douch offseason last year. Was that a localized/isolated event or is he generally a douche?

I like Goldson, his style of play is ideal for our defense.

I don't think a professional organization lets a good player walk out the door because they might be a slight douche. Remember these people we are talking about are all rich. They are more than likely all douches in some way or another.

the only reason i even suspect him of being a slight douch is bc of the webzone this summer....

does the webzone over react

Im pretty sure you can tell all you need to know about a mans character from twitter so.......
Spillman is a late bloomer. He didn't play a lot in college and was moved around a lot. He's a guy that the niners can develop. He actually runs a 4.4 (not 4.45) that's really fast for a safety.

I love Goldson for our team, but he gambles a lot.....too much for a FS, and when he misses he misses big. NO FREAKING WAY was he MVP of the defense.

He wasn't even the signal caller.....Donte Whitner was. Donte Whitner doesn't have the flashy stats but he was really important for the team last year.

Whitner and Goldson play well together, and are great at being the physcial safety tandem that we like, but Spillman could eventually step up at FS. He gives us a good back up to groom into a starter.
If you click to the 1 minute mark you see Spillman shredding his blocker and blowing up Ray Rice in the back field.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d82472840/49ers-vs-Ravens-highlights
Spillman wont be a starter, if Goldosn walks we draft a new kid in 2013....and the FS/SS class is LOADED
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
We wouldn't have had to go to overtime if Kyle Williams didn't suck

Or if goldson hadnt taken out tarrell brown, or whoever it was he injured. Or if morgan wasn't hurt (or our wr's did something) or if we had.....


We lost, and this year is all new. (btw we don't have to worry about the giants in the playoffs, cuz they won't make it)
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Taylor Mays had all of the measurables, as do many defensive backs. If only it was that simple.

Mays is starting. Good for him.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
We wouldn't have had to go to overtime if Kyle Williams didn't suck

Or if goldson hadnt taken out tarrell brown, or whoever it was he injured. Or if morgan wasn't hurt (or our wr's did something) or if we had.....


We lost, and this year is all new. (btw we don't have to worry about the giants in the playoffs, cuz they won't make it)



what is Spillman's deal? i always thought he was more of a SS but do you guys see him competing for the FS spot? Is he the heir to Whitner after next season or maybe could give him a run for his money this year?

Hope he has been making progress to become a starter
Originally posted by JustinNiner:


what is Spillman's deal? i always thought he was more of a SS but do you guys see him competing for the FS spot? Is he the heir to Whitner after next season or maybe could give him a run for his money this year?

Hope he has been making progress to become a starter

If we get no FA FS and we dont draft one the competition will be between Trenton Robinson and CJ Spillman
Spillman is the mystery man. From hearing about his speed, I think he's kind of a tweener, ala Goldson. I have no idea if he's capable or not of filling in that void.