LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 379 users in the forums

Better Rivals: The 49erswebzone.com Podcast

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dRtyrottencowboysfan:
I haven't been impressed with Sanchize, so yes, plus I'd at least get to see Sparano try it. If anyone would, it's him. But VY is a Bill so I'll just have to hold it until I'm an offensive coordinator.

We'll call missing the location of the playoff game a Romoment.

I had repressed that image, so thank you.
Glad I could help. Now I have not been impressed with Sanchez but to blow up an offensive system in NY over the thought that Tebow will save all is a bit much for me. If Tebow wants to be a starting QB then overtake Sanchez and have a completion percentage over 60%. If he can do that with his ability to run you may have something. To simply play him as a gimmick will not last just as the "Wild Cat" didn't under Sparano.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dwett:
Ok just listened to the podcast. Overall really entertaining keep them coming. Now on to my issues with what was said:

1. Richard brings up Tebow's win at Hines field over the Steelers. The only problem I have with this is that it was at Mile High since the 8-8 Broncos won their division and the Steelers came in second to the Ravens.
  2. So Richard are you stating the Jets would be better off if they cut Sanchez and signed Vince Young. That way they could run your "Two QB System". Santonio Holmes may endorse this at first but one ball at his feet from Tebow may change his mind
  3. Bears are your favorite to win the Super Bowl. OK
Oscar, not sure if I would go with Leon Lett. Now that play is legendary but still feel that Romo's first of many chokes brings a such joy to my heart. Maybe that's why he is all over the Seahawks next year.

We can definitely go with "Romoment" when he screws up. I like that.

And the Two QB system is ridiculous. He's basically advocating a rugby team should play against NFL teams and that won't work.

And thanks for that image. It makes me smile.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
I haven't been impressed with Sanchize, so yes, plus I'd at least get to see Sparano try it. If anyone would, it's him. But VY is a Bill so I'll just have to hold it until I'm an offensive coordinator.

We'll call missing the location of the playoff game a Romoment.

I had repressed that image, so thank you.
Glad I could help. Now I have not been impressed with Sanchez but to blow up an offensive system in NY over the thought that Tebow will save all is a bit much for me. If Tebow wants to be a starting QB then overtake Sanchez and have a completion percentage over 60%. If he can do that with his ability to run you may have something. To simply play him as a gimmick will not last just as the "Wild Cat" didn't under Sparano.

His Two QB system actually pre-dates Tebow. Richard, didn't you want like Aaron Rodgers and VY in the same backfield or something? Maybe it was McNabb VY?
Originally posted by Oscar:
His Two QB system actually pre-dates Tebow. Richard, didn't you want like Aaron Rodgers and VY in the same backfield or something? Maybe it was McNabb VY?

I think it started with the idea of mcnabb and VY, but then the eagles signed Vick and I thought is get the mcnabb Vick backfield . No dice. Then Vick VY. No dice. And yes I agree it's ludicrous, but I'm gonna say I'll believe itll work til it doesn't.
  • dwett
  • Veteran

I think it started with the idea of mcnabb and VY, but then the eagles signed Vick and I thought is get the mcnabb Vick backfield . No dice. Then Vick VY. No dice. And yes I agree it's ludicrous, but I'm gonna say I'll believe itll work til it doesn't.
Well that will hold true because it will never happen. Not because it will work but because no NFL coach will bet their career on it. Now if you feel you are more inept then an NFL coach so be it, but the fact remains no one can disclaim your theory since there will be no actual occurrence. Now in Forum talk not a bad leg to stand on.
[ Edited by dwett on May 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM ]
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Ok just listened to the podcast. Overall really entertaining keep them coming. Now on to my issues with what was said:

1. Richard brings up Tebow's win at Hines field over the Steelers. The only problem I have with this is that it was at Mile High since the 8-8 Broncos won their division and the Steelers came in second to the Ravens.
  2. So Richard are you stating the Jets would be better off if they cut Sanchez and signed Vince Young. That way they could run your "Two QB System". Santonio Holmes may endorse this at first but one ball at his feet from Tebow may change his mind
Oscar, not sure if I would go with Leon Lett. Now that play is legendary but still feel that Romo's first of many chokes brings a such joy to my heart. Maybe that's why he is all over the Seahawks next year.

And the Two QB system is ridiculous. He's basically advocating a rugby team should play against NFL teams and that won't work.

I like it and it is always nice to bash someone on a player that is still vital to their success vs someone that is long retired.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame

I like it and it is always nice to bash someone on a player that is still vital to their success vs someone that is long retired.

Agreed. Consider it done for next time.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Do you guys not have a mic? f**ks sake.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Garcia:
Do you guys not have a mic? f**ks sake.

You wanna buy us one?

We use a Snowball mic from Blue. My apartment isn't exactly a recording studio. Have any suggestions?
Well that will hold true because it will never happen. Not because it will work but because no NFL coach will bet their career on it. Now if you feel you are more inept then an NFL coach so be it, but the fact remains no one can disclaim your theory since there will be no actual occurrence. Now in Forum talk not a bad leg to stand on.

Yeah, it will probably never happen, because its ludicrous. I mainly keep bringing up the argument because Oscar can't handle the idea. It makes his mind melt. And I like to see his mind melt.

• Garce
  • Veteran
You wanna buy us one?

We use a Snowball mic from Blue. My apartment isn't exactly a recording studio. Have any suggestions?

What kind of audio recording software do you have?

I'd recommend getting a really good dynamic mic such as a shure SM58.
Depending on what audio recording program you have you might be able to put some filters that can enhance the sound quality... add more bass, EQ etc..
The Cowboys have been killing it over the past 15 years...if you measure "killing it" in terms of number of "most disappointing team of the year" awards collected and Jerry Jones facelifts performed. If not, then who cares what some fair weather fan of the most over rated team of a generation from one of the crappiest cities in America thinks? I'm venturing to guess....not a lot of people.
Good luck with that.
Originally posted by Garcia:
What kind of audio recording software do you have?

I'd recommend getting a really good dynamic mic such as a shure SM58.
Depending on what audio recording program you have you might be able to put some filters that can enhance the sound quality... add more bass, EQ etc..

I think the blue will work. There are settings on it that we didn't test that I think will make it sound better. I'll talk louder too, and generally more at the mic...
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I think the blue will work. There are settings on it that we didn't test that I think will make it sound better. I'll talk louder too, and generally more at the mic...

For now I think it's good. I guess it depends on what your goals are for the show.
I listened to the show. I work in production so when I hear bad audio it bugs me. Not that your audio is bad, it's just not good.

I like the show though, I will keep listening.

Just admit it. The mic was down your pants.
Share 49ersWebzone