LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 330 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
i love it... slaps in the face for the people saying "i dont even think randy will make the team and if he does will be a #4." been calling it since day 1 son

LOL... hasn't made the team yet. Hasn't done anything yet. It's May son!

hater
i love it... slaps in the face for the people saying "i dont even think randy will make the team and if he does will be a #4." been calling it since day 1 son

hater

he's just keeping it real.

for the record I believe randy will contribute well for us but it is premature to say "randys back" or "omg he's our number 1 already"

Sando had an article about Randy and all of the great things that have been said about him when he first starts practicing with a new team. Unfortunately he's gotten similar attention and good press every time he's began practicing with a new team, even the teams he flamed out of (OAK MINN TENN)

hater

How am I hating??? I have good reason to doubt Moss, yet you have no reason to claim that you've "been calling it since day 1" and that all the Moss doubters have been "slapped in the face". What's up with that?

Originally posted by sacniner:
Crabs is number one. Randy Moss has impressed in padless practice. Stop hating on my boy Crabs. He will dominate this year. HE HAS THE BEST HANDS HARBAUGH HAS EVER SEEN. And he has seen the hands of Andrew Luck in person.

I didn't know Luck was a WR. Learn something new every day...
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Crabs is number one. Randy Moss has impressed in padless practice. Stop hating on my boy Crabs. He will dominate this year. HE HAS THE BEST HANDS HARBAUGH HAS EVER SEEN. And he has seen the hands of Andrew Luck in person.

didnt you read? had luck been black he would have been a WR
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 99problems:

Originally posted by kush:

hater

he's just keeping it real.

for the record I believe randy will contribute well for us but it is premature to say "randys back" or "omg he's our number 1 already"

Sando had an article about Randy and all of the great things that have been said about him when he first starts practicing with a new team. Unfortunately he's gotten similar attention and good press every time he's began practicing with a new team, even the teams he flamed out of (OAK MINN TENN)

Vernon davis aint gonna let randy moss get outta line, and if he does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-8Q5xvnhOQ

Like Cam Newton? I don't get it...

Like Cam Newton? I don't get it...

meh.....................
found this a it discouraging:

With Moss, it's often about impressive debuts and new beginnings. Sometimes, he sticks around and produces, as the case was with New England. Other times, the initial impressions do not foreshadow future results. Moss impressed the Oakland Raiders when he joined them by trade from Minnesota in 2005. That situation did not work out well (the Raiders obviously deserve some of the blame). "I thought Randy was outstanding," Norv Turner, then the Raiders' coach, said after Moss' first couple practices with the team. "He got in yesterday afternoon late and we put a lot of offense in today and we have a lot going in this weekend. He handled it extremely well. It's a whole different system than he's been around. He went out and relaxed and obviously he can run and catch and do those things. He looked very comfortable to me."

Moss impressed the New England Patriots when he joined them by trade from Oakland in 2007. Moss played very well for the Patriots before his time with the team ran its course. "Tom Brady has heard the critics who expect Moss to bring more baggage to the Patriots than a hotel valet would," The New York Times wrote back when Moss joined New England. "But so far, Brady has been impressed, and Moss looked explosive during Wednesday's workout. During one portion of practice, Brady and Moss stood off to the side by themselves, talking and throwing a football, part of the working bond they hope to create."

Moss impressed the Vikings when he rejoined them by trade from the Patriots in 2010. Moss wound up making little impact (the Vikings, like the Raiders, had their own issues). "He's had a whirlwind week-and-a-half catching up on a new playbook, and the Vikings were quite pleased with his performance against the New York Jets last week despite the lack of familiarity," the Associated Press reported. "The coaches have noted progress in practice this week, believing he'll be able to be more comfortable with his routes without having to stop and think too much about his assignment."

Moss impressed the Tennessee Titans when he joined their team off waivers in 2011. He made almost no impact with the team on the field, however. "When Randy Moss comes into your locker room, he brings something. Guys are seeing that and responding to it," Kerry Collins, then a Titans quarterback, told reporters. "The biggest thing is just the way he's working. You never judge a book by what you hear. You wait and see what a guy is about. He's come in here with a great attitude and ready to work. The guy just wants to win. Period. The end. He'll do whatever it takes to make that happen."

Moss impressed the New Orleans Saints during a workout in 2012. They did not sign him, however. "Moss had an off-the-charts workout at the Saints facility this morning," sportsNOLA.com reported. "The 35-year old Moss reportedly performed the 40-yard dash in the 4.39 to 4.4 range and ran routes while hauling in nearly 50 passes. One source described Moss as being more impressive than anticipated, saying that he is in great shape."

And, of course, Moss is impressing the 49ers this offseason. The situation in San Francisco appears more stable than the ones in Oakland or Minnesota (the second time). Perhaps the results will be better as well.

also in same article from pats fan

(Coming from a Pats fan): The issue isn't whether Randy looks good. He ALWAYS looked good. The issue is how many plays will he quit on? When a play was breaking down, or he got jammed too hard at the line, he'd quit midway through. Plus he doesnt make a lot of extra effort to make catches that he should. Keep in mind, once the Patriots released Randy Moss Brady went on his streak of passes without an interception. Most of Brady's interceptions over the years were from a lack of effort from Moss.
May 25 2012, 9:35 AM
· Like · Reply · Quote · Flag

It's not now that people should be worried about. Running around in pads with no contact usually everyone looks great.

No one thought Moss was washing up either.........it's all about this guys HEAD, it's always been his HEAD. If we lose a few games, is he going to throw everyone under the bus. If we run too much and he doesn't get the ball is he going to throw a HISSY FIT.

The guy has a great knowledge of the game and he's like another coach out there but we are all afraid of the meltdown.

However......

Randy wants a ring
Harbaugh is a great coach to play for
We have a great team
We picked up Manningham and Jenkins for insurance so that Randy really has to come in and compete.
Nothing is going to be handed to him.
The 49ers could still cut the guy before the season and we will pay him NOTHING

The deck is stacked in our favor........hopefully he brings it like the old days

hater

How am I hating??? I have good reason to doubt Moss, yet you have no reason to claim that you've "been calling it since day 1" and that all the Moss doubters have been "slapped in the face". What's up with that?

This could be an Issac Bruce part 2. I doubt it though. I think Moss is in a whole different level than Bruce as tough as this is to say because Bruce was that good.
Originally posted by juycho:
This could be an Issac Bruce part 2. I doubt it though. I think Moss is in a whole different level than Bruce as tough as this is to say because Bruce was that good.

Bruce was more consistent in his effort but Moss is a freak of nature physically...so I agree he is on another level. But, I think many coaches would rather have the consistent guy so they'd know what to expect. Harbaugh will not allow Moss to destroy this team though so I have confidence that he will either help a lot or be gone.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 26, 2012 at 9:58 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by juycho:

Bruce was more consistent in his effort but Moss is a freak of nature physically...so I agree he is on another level. But, I think many coaches would rather have the consistent guy so they'd know what to expect. Harbaugh will not allow Moss to destroy this team though so I have confidence that he will either help a lot or be gone.

Agreed, he is already helping by just showing up. It doesn't matter if he starts one down. He is training the younger players in so many ways and giving them tools they would have never gotten other wise.
Share 49ersWebzone