LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 175 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Currently, yes he is, but JJ Stokes could've come out of retirement and could've been our #1 right now, so that speaks about the depth of our WR core...

Hopefully Crabs steps up with all the pressure
Randy's a hungry player...and hungry players typically have something to prove. He does. He signed with the Niners because he knows he has a chance to be #1 again...and help this team win another SB. He'll make Alex a better QB...and the other WR's better, too. For that alone, he was worth signing. If he steps up and does as he said, "get Niner fans out of their seats", that's the gravy. He sure has created a buzz, not just in camp, but around the league. Still a long way to go, but so far, he's been a very positive offensive signing.
Yeah basically Moss would never be on this team if he wasn't motivated. It certainly isn't for the money because he isn't guaranteed squat and has to earn the money. Can't think of any other reason other than he wants to try his hardest and perform and win a super bowl.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Did anyone ever doubt he'd be the #1 when we signed him?

Oh that's right, some people wondered if he'd make it out of camp.

Like someone else said, even Randy at 50% would be the #1 on this team.

Have grown more and more excited about this addition with each passing day since he signed.

Uh, yeah I doubted Moss. But I haven't been proven wrong yet. They haven't even played against a defense yet. Haven't put on pads yet. Are you f**king delusional?

We have seen NOTHING to indicate that Moss will be our #1, #2, or even make the 53 man roster. It is encouraging that Moss seems to be doing very well in OTAs. But I'm not going to eat crow until I see him beat Carlos Rogers in TC and own other teams starters in pre-season.

Well if you cant tell that he'll be number one, you're delusional.

First, apologies for that remark. An overreaction and not meant to be specifically directed at you... just at all the man-love for Moss.

However, I think the Moss hype is delusional... at least at this point in the off-season when there is nothing to go off of other than non-contact workouts with no offense vs defense action. I'm being realistic... he's a 35 year old WR that hasn't been a factor for 2 years that nobody other than the 49ers wanted. To say that he is so much better than Crabtree, Manningham, Jenkins, and even Williams... its just premature.

I want a true #1 WR on our team as much as anybody. But I'm not even close to ready to believing that it is Moss.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
They talkin bout practice man

Did anyone ever doubt he'd be the #1 when we signed him?

Oh that's right, some people wondered if he'd make it out of camp.

Like someone else said, even Randy at 50% would be the #1 on this team.

Have grown more and more excited about this addition with each passing day since he signed.

Uh, yeah I doubted Moss. But I haven't been proven wrong yet. They haven't even played against a defense yet. Haven't put on pads yet. Are you f**king delusional?

We have seen NOTHING to indicate that Moss will be our #1, #2, or even make the 53 man roster. It is encouraging that Moss seems to be doing very well in OTAs. But I'm not going to eat crow until I see him beat Carlos Rogers in TC and own other teams starters in pre-season.

Well if you cant tell that he'll be number one, you're delusional.

First, apologies for that remark. An overreaction and not meant to be specifically directed at you... just at all the man-love for Moss.

However, I think the Moss hype is delusional... at least at this point in the off-season when there is nothing to go off of other than non-contact workouts with no offense vs defense action. I'm being realistic... he's a 35 year old WR that hasn't been a factor for 2 years that nobody other than the 49ers wanted. To say that he is so much better than Crabtree, Manningham, Jenkins, and even Williams... its just premature.

I want a true #1 WR on our team as much as anybody. But I'm not even close to ready to believing that it is Moss.

Moss is gonna be the same as he ever was on the field. His age is a non-factor because he's never had a serious injury and let's face it - he's The Freak. He gonna light it up for us. It's not gonna be fair. And you best believe I'll be seeking out the doubters to hand out a heaping helping of Crow.

Bring your appetite.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's the hits he's going to take from game to game each week. At 35, we just have to wait and see. Not like he's 25. His ability to get open and catch the ball may not be much different, but the physical toll on him. That's more of a concern to me.

In all his years in the NFL, have you ever seen Randy Moss take a direct hit? You be hard pressed to find that occurrence in his career because his game and skill-set doesn't and won't allow for that. He's the Marcus Allen of WRs. And his physical conditioning is supernatural. He'll have more gas in the tank than anyone.

Are you certain of that? He worked out for the Saints a day or two before catching passes from Harbaugh. By all accounts his work-out with the Saints was outstanding. Evidently he impressed Harbaugh enough that we didn't let him get to another work-out. Maybe nobody else would have given him a shot . . . or maybe we got lucky.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Are you certain of that? He worked out for the Saints a day or two before catching passes from Harbaugh. By all accounts his work-out with the Saints was outstanding. Evidently he impressed Harbaugh enough that we didn't let him get to another work-out. Maybe nobody else would have given him a shot . . . or maybe we got lucky.

Or nobody else is a legit SB contender that needed receiver help like the Niners. There's no place else Moss would rather be
Originally posted by Allx9er:
practice yall practiace

Maybe so, but Moss has the credibility. He is one of the best ever, period. A motivated Moss is dangerous.

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
practice yall practiace

Maybe so, but Moss has the credibility. He is one of the best ever, period. A motivated Moss is dangerous.

cant disagree with that statement at all. im just waiting for him as well as everybody else to line up against somebody who wants to knock their head off before i break out my red and gold homer glasses.
Originally posted by 49erSooner:
I think so, even Moss at 50% or his old self Is better then Crabs at 100% anytime.

GO

Thats really cool you think a former Viking and 7 other teams other than the 49ers should have the flag waved over one of our draft picks.

Love that loyalty baby.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Randy's a hungry player...and hungry players typically have something to prove. He does. He signed with the Niners because he knows he has a chance to be #1 again...and help this team win another SB. He'll make Alex a better QB...and the other WR's better, too. For that alone, he was worth signing. If he steps up and does as he said, "get Niner fans out of their seats", that's the gravy. He sure has created a buzz, not just in camp, but around the league. Still a long way to go, but so far, he's been a very positive offensive signing.

Agree and believe that he is chasing the Hall of Fame and Rice to be the best ever. If he believes the 9ers can get him to the super bowl again he will remain motivated. If he believes in Smith as a QB he will help with more than just his receiving numbers, but by giving Smith more credibility as a ligit championship caliber QB.

Plus, there is very little invested thus little potential down side.
Look.

We need to feel for real like Randy Moss is thanking the Gods he's a 49er and playing like he's always dreamed of it.

If not he's just another clown who people who don't know what it is to be a Niner kiss in the hiney.
Share 49ersWebzone