LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is Randy Moss already our # 1?

Too early for all of that, but looking good so far. TC + Preseason decide the pecking order. Talent-wise, assuming Moss is still as fast and hungry as advertised? Yeah, seems like he would definitely be the # 1 wideout we have been missing for several years.

I like that we brought in some backup plans with Jenkins and Manningham in case Moss doesn't pan out somehow.
No more going into the playoffs with guys like Brett Swain and Joe Hastings lining up.
I dont think our team gets involved in who is one or two or three. I predict from what I am reading though that he will be a huge influence on our young recievers careers and a major influx of talent in the short term. I dont know if he has more than a year or two left in him, but if his attitude truely has risen to the level his talent always has been, the man has forgotten more about the reciever position then our guys have ever known. It would be a nice story as well, of the big three egomaniacs that ushered in the age of entitled recievers T.O., Ocho, and Moss...it would be nice to see one of them exit with dignity and pass something on to the future.
I dont think our team gets involved in who is one or two or three. I predict from what I am reading though that he will be a huge influence on our young recievers careers and a major influx of talent in the short term. I dont know if he has more than a year or two left in him, but if his attitude truely has risen to the level his talent always has been, the man has forgotten more about the reciever position then our guys have ever known. It would be a nice story as well, of the big three egomaniacs that ushered in the age of entitled recievers T.O., Ocho, and Moss...it would be nice to see one of them exit with dignity and pass something on to the future.
Crabs has never liked Alex. so naturally, Alex is throwing more to Moss.
My favorite part of this whole thing: "Moss declined to talk to reporters"
Did anyone ever doubt he'd be the #1 when we signed him?

Oh that's right, some people wondered if he'd make it out of camp.

Like someone else said, even Randy at 50% would be the #1 on this team.

Have grown more and more excited about this addition with each passing day since he signed.
It's still a long offseason ahead, so predictions are...whatever...but Moss' attitude in camp and the fact that Smith seems to have a natural rapport should tell fans something. If he stays healthy this will be a totally different looking offense than last year. VD on the right side with Moss outside...yikes! Even Baltimore may be lost for an answer.
1). WAY too ealry to say

2). Definitely isn't Crabs

3). It has to be proven on the field

IMO, Moss didn't want to end his career going out like a bum. He saw a team that was a piece or two away from the SBowl. IMO, he decided it would be worth the hard worrk and effort to give his all one last time. Come back, play like hell and win a ring.

Chris Carter's dissing hhim had ZERO to do with it. People have been dissing him for years including CCarter.

It's all about the ring and his legacy.

There wikl be ample opportunities with 3-4 deep threats [Moss, VD, AJ, Ginn, and very good intermediate targets [Crabs, Delanie, + RB's catching the ball] and a very solid runninng game.
Sounds like it to me............
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Have grown more and more excited about this addition with each passing day since he signed.

Uh, yeah I doubted Moss. But I haven't been proven wrong yet. They haven't even played against a defense yet. Haven't put on pads yet. Are you f**king delusional?

We have seen NOTHING to indicate that Moss will be our #1, #2, or even make the 53 man roster. It is encouraging that Moss seems to be doing very well in OTAs. But I'm not going to eat crow until I see him beat Carlos Rogers in TC and own other teams starters in pre-season.

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind about Randy taking the #1 WR spot. I think he owned it the day he signed his contract. I think he knew before he even signed the contract and thats why he's here. He's going to be on a serious mission to go out on top. So buckle up people, its going to be quite a ride!!
Originally posted by blm7754:

Uh, yeah I doubted Moss. But I haven't been proven wrong yet. They haven't even played against a defense yet. Haven't put on pads yet. Are you f**king delusional?

We have seen NOTHING to indicate that Moss will be our #1, #2, or even make the 53 man roster. It is encouraging that Moss seems to be doing very well in OTAs. But I'm not going to eat crow until I see him beat Carlos Rogers in TC and own other teams starters in pre-season.

Steady. No reason to call another poster f*cking delusional. So dont.
[ Edited by English on May 24, 2012 at 7:54 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
per Mike Sando

Moss again declined to talk to reporters but has been Smith's No. 1 target during the open portions of practice and, by all 49ers accounts, has dazzled.

I'm reserving my judgement of the whole Randy Moss situation until the season starts, but if he's already usurped Crabtree in this short period of time, then that is pretty telling.

from the time we signed him ! not a shocker we have no WR that have to be double teamed except VD and he is a TE , so now we have two guys to be double teamd it wil free the others big time !
Moss is a pro. He will stay motivated because he knows his career is coming to a close and he doesnt have a ring. The niners can get him there so hes going to stay focused, dedicated, and will produce at a high level. Book it.
Originally posted by blm7754:

Well if you cant tell that he'll be number one, you're delusional.
Share 49ersWebzone