Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

this is someone elses picture

doesnt look like moss is open to me if theyre was an attempt to moss i think its picked off by either underneath over over guy depending on throw

i mean you can throw to moss for the TD but VD wwas the right choice
VD was the right choice, he was the first option and he was open. I believe that the coaches teach Smith to take the first option if its there, and not worry about the other options.

VD was the safe choice, the safety next to Moss is already too late.

trust me I ran this play in Madden

love the match up problems VD and Moss create when together on the field
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

if we have crabtree in there too cant double moss and VD otherwise ceabtree would run wide open

single covered they should be bale to get open

one of the reasons 2 games in we are one of the best red zone teams in nfl ( we could also easily be considered the best having 2 TDs at the within 2 to 3 yards of the 20 yard line )
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Sep 21, 2012 at 10:47 AM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Damn! Bracket coverage on Old Otis!

Respect!
Originally posted by VDSF:

doesnt look like moss is open to me if theyre was an attempt to moss i think its picked off by either underneath over over guy depending on throw

VD was the right choice, he was the first option and he was open. I believe that the coaches teach Smith to take the first option if its there, and not worry about the other options.

I can't believe it's come to this with the Randy-situation. Jesus man, some people are absolutely obsessed.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by THEB:
He said the right things?

Media -- "Why are you not concerned about your lack of playing time?"
Moss -- "Because it's not up to me."

He is certainly not comfortable with his "role"; but as long as we are winning it won't be a problem.

that was the exact right thing to say. stop trying to make it into something its not.

He could have said, "I understand my role on this team, and at this stage of my career I am very comfortable with that role."
Saying, "It's not up to me" is 180 degrees opposite of that. "It's not up to me" is another way of saying, "I want more playing time."

I don't care how old he is, Randy Moss didn't come back to the NFL to get in on 25% of the snaps with 2-3 catches a game. He came back to, quoting Randy, "Pick the fans up out of their seats."

That's b******t. The playing time ISN'T up to him. Moss was just stating a fact. If the media wants to talk about playing time, they can go to Harbaugh.

Of course Randy Moss wants to play more. EVERY PLAYER IN THE NFL WANTS TO PLAY MORE. If you don't want to play more, you shouldn't be on the field.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by THEB:
He said the right things?

Media -- "Why are you not concerned about your lack of playing time?"
Moss -- "Because it's not up to me."

He is certainly not comfortable with his "role"; but as long as we are winning it won't be a problem.

that was the exact right thing to say. stop trying to make it into something its not.

He could have said, "I understand my role on this team, and at this stage of my career I am very comfortable with that role."
Saying, "It's not up to me" is 180 degrees opposite of that. "It's not up to me" is another way of saying, "I want more playing time."

I don't care how old he is, Randy Moss didn't come back to the NFL to get in on 25% of the snaps with 2-3 catches a game. He came back to, quoting Randy, "Pick the fans up out of their seats."

That's b******t. The playing time ISN'T up to him. Moss was just stating a fact. If the media wants to talk about playing time, they can go to Harbaugh.

Of course Randy Moss wants to play more. EVERY PLAYER IN THE NFL WANTS TO PLAY MORE. If you don't want to play more, you shouldn't be on the field.

I just hate how the media tries to goad players into saying something to cause controversy. The media wont be happy until they can point and say see he is still a self centered ass who will quit on the team if he isn't involved enough. Of course he's not happy with his playing time the man is a competitor one of the best at his position. Media need to report the facts not create the story.
  • Jiks
Didn't realize this is Randy's first time back to Minnesota for a regular season game since he left. I really hope he has a good game.
I hope Crabtree and Moss can get in the endzone. Freaking VD is a ball hog.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Nice... thanks. Couldn't see the details of Moss' openness. QB would have to be arrogant and careless to take the Moss shot instead of the VD one, IMHO.

I'm tired of these "I was at the game" posters. Well it's obvious from the picture that they often don't actually know what their talking about and this is just another instance of that.

Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Nice... thanks. Couldn't see the details of Moss' openness. QB would have to be arrogant and careless to take the Moss shot instead of the VD one, IMHO.

I'm tired of these "I was at the game" posters. Well it's obvious from the picture that they often don't actually know what their talking about and this is just another instance of that.

Yup. I posted the game film in the stickied thread. Just looked at that play about a dozen times. there are two guys on Moss until Alex is in the process of throwing to Vernon. Now it's possible, POSSIBLE that if Alex had pump faked to Vernon, the defender in front of Moss would have bitten on it and then he could throw it to Moss. Here's the problem with that though: that is a MUCH harder pass to make on the run first of all. It would have to be a perfect pass that goes right over defenders heads and the only sure way to get that is by setting your feet and throwing it. Not worth the chance honestly.

Now the most important thing, is that Alex had to get the ball out of his hands right away. He had the defensive player that Vernon was blocking, right in his face. He wouldn't have had time to do what I described anyways. Vernon was definitely the right call and it showed with the results.
I can't believe people criticize Alex for throwing to a wide open Vernon Davis. If he's open with the possibility of RAC that's an easy decision you don't pass it up. There's no wait a second maybe Moss or Crabtree will be open.

The play design was successful, Vernon was open, and the play resulted in a touchdown. It's not like he dumped the ball off to Bruce Miller for a 3 yard pick up.

It's Vernon Davis with an open field. If that was any qb's 1st read and they passed on that pass that's a huge mistake on their behalf.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by VDSF:

I can't believe it's come to this with the Randy-situation. Jesus man, some people are absolutely obsessed.

Crazy what some people claimed they can see at the game that people at home don't. Not like they needed a replay on the jumbotron to see the details of the play or anything. Lame attempts for a way to bash Smith.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 23, 2012 at 7:25 AM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by 99problems:
on vernons last TD vs the lions Moss was WIDE OPEN in the end zone. Alex never even looked his way.

i dont know how you can tell unles you bought the coaches film but from the replay it looks like the saftey is right there underneath and over him

maybe thats why VD was open but it looked liked moss was doubled

also not to mention moss was behind VD im sure he looked his wway

are you sure youre thinking of the right play?

I was at the game and saw the play happen right in front of me, and yes Moss was wide open. IIRC, the safety bit on the play action and Moss beat his guy. However, Smith rolled out the other way and just so happens Vernon was wide open.

actually from where i was sitting i would say it was a better angle than the coaches tape.
safety was in the box NO DEEP HELP AT ALL moss ran a deep post had 2 steps and inside angle (direction alex rolled)
he just took the easier throw and thanks to vernons moves and the lions lack of he got into the EZ
i personally think the TD to moss might have been the easier play but vernons was safer play. so thats what he made.

Sounds bout right...once I saw Moss beat his guy, I screamed MOSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... not gonna complain tho, that cutback Vernon did was beast!

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

if we have crabtree in there too cant double moss and VD otherwise ceabtree would run wide open

single covered they should be bale to get open

one of the reasons 2 games in we are one of the best red zone teams in nfl ( we could also easily be considered the best having 2 TDs at the within 2 to 3 yards of the 20 yard line )

Damn went from one of the worst redzone offenses to the best in one season?
Share 49ersWebzone