LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Man, if they felt they learned a lot from Moss, imagine what they could learn from Rice. Bring em into training camp next year.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Randy don't care. He knows he's on a SB contender team and at this stage of his career, he will do anything to contribute positively to the team so he can be in the SB again and have a chance to win one. All he has to do is look at TO lately and realize this is his last and best chance to win a SB -- with the Niners. He's in too good of a situation to screw it up.

Yep. Just the vibe he gives of since coming to San Fran seems like a totally different attitude than he has had elsewhere.
One thing seems to have struck home with him... He is a father and a family man now, and he knows he is soon to be retired. When he sits down with his kids and tells them about his NFL past, along with his kids watching old highlights of him... he is gonna have to explain things like the "pantsing", or the press conferences where he comes off as abrasive, and all the negativity that came to surface when he played on 3 different teams in one year. He doesnt want to be remembered like that, and he wants to leave on his terms. IMO being with this team gives him the role model or wiley old vet role he is wanting at this stage in his career.
Originally posted by FL9er:
He's done. Can't escape father time.

[Disclaimer: Fully expect to be called an idiot if he has a 70 rec, 900 yds, 8TD type season]

He's only 35. A lot of the all time great receivers played well at that age
Originally posted by Moss84:
New to this forum. I am first and foremost a Vikings fan. I was in early grade school during Moss' rookie season. He is my childhood hero and is a big reason why I love football. I always thought he was a great guy and just a little misunderstood.

Now where ever Randy Moss goes, they are my second favorite team. So I guess with the Vikings in an obvious long rebuilding mode, the 49ers are my team to win it all.I think you guys will be very happy with what Moss brings to the team. I just hope Smith doesn't force it to Moss. Culpepper made a career out of this, but obviously Moss isn't the same.

Go 49ers!

get off our bandwagon. #2 WE HATE THE VIKINGS
go route for brett farva
Originally posted by DirtyP:

[Disclaimer: Fully expect to be called an idiot if he has a 70 rec, 900 yds, 8TD type season]

Jerry Rice (@36, 35 he was out with an injury): 82 catches 1157 yds 9 TDs
Terrel Owens: 69 rec 1052 yds 10 TDs
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

both workout warriors also.
Originally posted by 99problems:

So is Randolph Otis Moss.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by 99problems:

So is Randolph Otis Moss.

Otis. That makes me laugh. Love that name.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I think most people understand Moss still has a ton of talent, but the last quote of your post is where the potential problem lies.

You don't know if Moss is motivated. You are hoping he is. Even if he is, he can become unmotivated very easily.
He was motivated when he was young, and he was motivated when he had Tom Brady throwing him the ball. In every other situation, he has been less than motivated.

Exactly, his motivation is fragile and/or inconsistent to say the least. We can only hope that he wants to change his reputation and go out as a winner.
Randy Moss latest interview video

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/video?PID=9ExsbjWRT_ZfMMiKjt1Rq0VIXUpoIQUF

Still liking him... hope he stays involved and helpful.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:

He seems in a good mood overall. When asked if he felt in sync with Alex tho he basically said no.
Originally posted by Muggins:

He seems in a good mood overall. When asked if he felt in sync with Alex tho he basically said no.

Yeah, that was slightly disappointing. I guess we'll see how their chemistry changes throughout the season. I really want a big TD from Moss on Sunday at Lambeau, that would be AWESOME!
I think it is important that Moss's production come early in the season, then teams will be forced to account for him, otherwise teams will view him as merely a shiny ball, a distraction that can be ignored. Instead of OH $hit its Randy freakin' Moss.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Yeah, that was slightly disappointing. I guess we'll see how their chemistry changes throughout the season. I really want a big TD from Moss on Sunday at Lambeau, that would be AWESOME!

i heard him say you basically always want to have a better chemistry with your qb
Ryan: Randy Moss still outpacing Father Time

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/09/07/ryan-randy-moss-still-outpacing-father-time/

The stamina is the question. He can still go. He can still run routes. He can still get in and out of his breaks. He's more than a vertical, sideline-to-number, deep-ball guy. He's much more than that. I think the Patriots were great for him. He's a very smart football guy. And I've said as an analyst, and I didn't realize it when I was in the NFL, 80 % of the NFL is from the neck up. It's a mental game. It's a reading-coverage-post-snap game. It's not just going out and whipping the guy in front of you. It's about understanding how to diagnose coverage when you're on the second step of your route. And in the NFL a lot of it changes and you've got to be on the same page as your QB. Alex does a lot of stuff at the line of scrimmage in terms of dialing up plays, killing plays, changing plays, getting out of the bad play. And Randy is a freaking' professor at that. He can teach it, which he's been doing all summer. That's the beauty of Randy Moss. Now, ball distribution, can we expect 75 catches and 10 to 12 TDs? I don't think so. I think Alex is going to where the coverage dictates. And Randy – pure speculation – 50 catches and six touchdowns would be a great year for him, in terms of where he would fit along with the rest of the 49ers' offensive weapons. I don't think we're going to see Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald type stuff. That's just not there any more in terms of going play after play after play after play. But I expect a big impact. I really do.
Share 49ersWebzone