LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 132 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
New to this forum. I am first and foremost a Vikings fan. I was in early grade school during Moss' rookie season. He is my childhood hero and is a big reason why I love football. I always thought he was a great guy and just a little misunderstood.

Now where ever Randy Moss goes, they are my second favorite team. So I guess with the Vikings in an obvious long rebuilding mode, the 49ers are my team to win it all.I think you guys will be very happy with what Moss brings to the team. I just hope Smith doesn't force it to Moss. Culpepper made a career out of this, but obviously Moss isn't the same.

Go 49ers!
Originally posted by Moss84:
New to this forum. I am first and foremost a Vikings fan. I was in early grade school during Moss' rookie season. He is my childhood hero and is a big reason why I love football. I always thought he was a great guy and just a little misunderstood.

Now where ever Randy Moss goes, they are my second favorite team. So I guess with the Vikings in an obvious long rebuilding mode, the 49ers are my team to win it all.I think you guys will be very happy with what Moss brings to the team. I just hope Smith doesn't force it to Moss. Culpepper made a career out of this, but obviously Moss isn't the same.

Go 49ers!

Welcome!
Originally posted by Moss84:

Go 49ers!

keep you humor level on high and you will be fine around here
why do i have a bad feeling even if we are successful Moss will STILL revert to his old selfish ways after Smith looks elsewhere through the season

i can see him giving up n getting cut by week 10
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
why do i have a bad feeling even if we are successful Moss will STILL revert to his old selfish ways after Smith looks elsewhere through the season

Doubt it. I bet Moss is already well informed on what his role on this team will be and think he will be content with that whatever it may be.
Originally posted by BayArea:

Doubt it. I bet Moss is already well informed on what his role on this team will be and think he will be content with that whatever it may be.

Randy don't care. He knows he's on a SB contender team and at this stage of his career, he will do anything to contribute positively to the team so he can be in the SB again and have a chance to win one. All he has to do is look at TO lately and realize this is his last and best chance to win a SB -- with the Niners. He's in too good of a situation to screw it up.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Randy don't care. He knows he's on a SB contender team and at this stage of his career, he will do anything to contribute positively to the team so he can be in the SB again and have a chance to win one. All he has to do is look at TO lately and realize this is his last and best chance to win a SB -- with the Niners. He's in too good of a situation to screw it up.

Yep. Just the vibe he gives of since coming to San Fran seems like a totally different attitude than he has had elsewhere.
Originally posted by BayArea:

I disagree with Gold, Randy was brought in for one thing, Redzone help. Besides, this is pretty much his last chance to get a ring, he's on a team that can get there without him, So i think he will be humble, and will do his job and get open. And trust me, Jim's going to show every snap of moss this season to alex and go look he's open just throw it.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I disagree with Gold, Randy was brought in for one thing, Redzone help. Besides, this is pretty much his last chance to get a ring, he's on a team that can get there without him, So i think he will be humble, and will do his job and get open. And trust me, Jim's going to show every snap of moss this season to alex and go look he's open just throw it.

I agree. I think this is the closest thing he has had to what the Patriots have. Not that I am saying the 49ers are like the Patriots. I just mean that the opportunity is the best he has had since he was in New England. When he left NE, he could not stop talking about how much he didn't want to leave there. I think he would have learned from that.
Harbaugh let this guy know the offense we're running this year. Randy isn't expecting Green Bay numbers or Tom Brady throwing to him. He knows he has a role.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
He's done. Can't escape father time.

[Disclaimer: Fully expect to be called an idiot if he has a 70 rec, 900 yds, 8TD type season]
To early to tell. But so far he has displayed great professionalism so far. With Moss a year away from football last year, im sure all he wants to do is play football. And win a Ship with us. Im pretty sure he will have decent stats.
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
To early to tell. But so far he has displayed great professionalism so far. With Moss a year away from football last year, im sure all he wants to do is play football. And win a Ship with us. Im pretty sure he will have decent stats.

When I saw him triple teamed on that last throw in game 3 I knew that he would impact the offense. I'm not sure what the stats are going to look like, but he is a big-time threat in the eyes of any D.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
When I saw him triple teamed on that last throw in game 3 I knew that he would impact the offense. I'm not sure what the stats are going to look like, but he is a big-time threat in the eyes of any D.

Yup! And you know the D is gonna try to double Moss up early, so that should leave Crabs, Manningham, Jenkins and others open to make plays. Gore and the other RB's are gonna have early success. We have Offensive Threats this year. Im f*ckin excited.
I know this is a rather contrived statement. I believe when it's all said and done Randy Moss will be remembered as the Fred Dean of the 2012-13 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone