LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i'm just hoping he's the randy from '07-'09 with the Pats, nothing before or after that lol

his rookie year wasn't too shabby dude

Didn't he lead the NFl in TD's three times in MIN?

those were also his "immature" years........................

that's what i meant, thank you
Randy Moss is here for 2 reasons:

1. Stretch the field (not necessarily catch deep passes-just run deep)
2. Catch the fade route in the end zone.

I expect about 45 catches, 5-600 yards and hopefully 7-8 TDs.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

aggreed

unless he actually found the fountain of youth i really dont see 1000 yards from him
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Jul 30, 2012 at 7:33 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

aggreed

unless he actually found the fountain of youth i really dont see 1000 yards from him

I agree. Moss is not to be counted on for the bulk of the passing offense. Even in New England at the height of their offensive power with Moss, he had stretches during the game where he would 'disappeared'. You need more than Randy Moss to have a good consistent offense. The other receivers have to step up and be that guy that moves the chains for you too.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Mr. Perfect? Randy Moss stays 20 minutes after practice to help Vernon Davis with his hands. http://instagr.am/p/NtZbv_j9Hc/
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Mr. Perfect? Randy Moss stays 20 minutes after practice to help Vernon Davis with his hands. http://instagr.am/p/NtZbv_j9Hc/
we have already gotten more out of randy moss in three months than what we ever got from edwards last year. moss is a second coach out there and a great mentor. It was a little bit difficult for me to get used to this but when i read things like this and how he sets in front in meetings, i have changed my mind one hundred per cent. plus it would appear he also has some skills left in him on the field.
So far so good.

I think Randy is here for the following reasons:
1. Win a championship
2. Has been humbled and feels he still has a ton to offer
3. Be a coach/leader for the team
4. Produce at a very high level
5. To leave this game with several proteges he can watch with pride for years

While I don't subscribe to the #1, #2 & #3 WR positions, I feel Randy will be our most productive FL and will be utilized in various other packages as well (at different WR positions).

Good stuff. I read he was working with Davis and Gore after practice. Moss would cover Davis and smack his arms while Davis tried to make a catch. And they were pushing Bore in the back while he tried to catch passes. Moss got them workinh on catching passes in traffic and with some contact.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Good stuff. I read he was working with Davis and Gore after practice. Moss would cover Davis and smack his arms while Davis tried to make a catch. And they were pushing Bore in the back while he tried to catch passes. Moss got them workinh on catching passes in traffic and with some contact.

Exactly...emulating a physical DB. Real-game situations. I love it!

I wonder if he will coach when it's all said and done?
First time Moss catches a long one down the sideline from Smith, this Zone will go berserk.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
First time Moss catches a long one down the sideline from Smith, this Zone will go berserk.

I will, so there's at least one!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I will, so there's at least one!

ill cum in my pants
Share 49ersWebzone