LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

De Ja Vu........ Crabtree Edition!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Question: What's an average year for an "elite" reciever?

WR 11 Fitzgerald, Larry ACT REC 80 YDS 1,411 AVG 17.6 TDS 8

WR 10 Holmes, Santonio ACT REC 51 YDS 654 AVG 12.8 TDS 8 NYJ

WR 19 Austin, Miles ACT REC 43 YDS 579 AVG 13.5 TDS 7 DAL

WR 82 Bowe, Dwayne ACT REC 81 YDS 1,159 AVG 14.3 TDS 5 KC

WR 12 Colston, Marques UFA REC 80 YDS 1,143 AVG 14.3 TDS 8 NO

this past year

WR 15 Crabtree, Michael ACT REC 72 YDS 874 AVG 12.1 TDS 4 SF
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I don't think the drive to be great is there. Drive to be good, maybe, but not great. If so, he would have made more of an effort to work out with his QB; more extracurricular pitch and catch to get to know each other better. He would have taken up the GOAT's offer of working with him, like Jenkins appears to be doing. And, as a 3rd year receiver, he wouldn't have dropped so many balls last season. Those aren't the signs of a player aspiring to greatness! What happened to the guy in college who NEVER dropped passes? I don't necessarily view him as a bust, but I certainly haven't seen the number 10 receiver we drafted, at least not yet.

crabtree is in a voluntary camp catching balls from alex and learning the game from moss. in my opinion that is a helluva lot more valuable than the kid working out with a ex niner on some hill. crabtree looks like he has a new lease on life , the reports from this camp are good and what he is doing now, building chemistry and learning from moss is very valuable. how does running a hill with jerry rice build team chemistry? they say crabtree is busting it this week in a voluntary camp so cut him some slack
Originally posted by 228niner:
What say you?

Moss to Crabs could be what coach Singletary was to VD. I can dig it.
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Question: What's an average year for an "elite" reciever?

WR 11 Fitzgerald, Larry ACT REC 80 YDS 1,411 AVG 17.6 TDS 8

WR 10 Holmes, Santonio ACT REC 51 YDS 654 AVG 12.8 TDS 8 NYJ

WR 19 Austin, Miles ACT REC 43 YDS 579 AVG 13.5 TDS 7 DAL

WR 82 Bowe, Dwayne ACT REC 81 YDS 1,159 AVG 14.3 TDS 5 KC

WR 12 Colston, Marques UFA REC 80 YDS 1,143 AVG 14.3 TDS 8 NO

this past year

WR 15 Crabtree, Michael ACT REC 72 YDS 874 AVG 12.1 TDS 4 SF

Thanks!! Looks like he falls in the very good category.
Man, that is good news, finally, CC. Spending time w/ alex ( or rather NOT spending time w/ alex) has been one of the things that really bothered me about #15. It is extremely good news that he is finally doing that. There is a thot i wondered about and it goes like this:

Last yr crbs was basically IT as the only WR. Yeah, there was kyle, but really it WAS crbtre. And maybe, just maybe, he wasn't used to being THE man. Maybe he was uncomfortable with it. For most of us, the holdout, the lack of enthusiasm, not practicing extra w/ alex, the missing TC...well, that was what many of us focused on. There was the disappearance at the end of the season also. But maybe with Moss, Mario, AJ out there, crbs feels somehow less like he HAS to perform, in that he is THE WR. Now that is not the case, and maybe something like this is what he needed. Who knows what the deal was, but if he is out working w/ alex, that tells me a lot about where his desire is. Very , very positive sign. Just stay healthy crbs, and we can have an awesome yr...but undoubtedly more yrs , too.

If crbs comes alive, AJ and LaMichael play to their potential, then with Mario, moss, vernon, delanie, frank,...well this could be one of the most exciting yr in the last 10, and last yr was a real barn burner.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Chief:
I am a Crabtree fan, the haters will hopefully have to eat a lot of crow.

This. Still wearing his jersey proudly!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Well, he was our most productive receiever last year and 126 yards short of 1000 in 14 starts on the leagues 29th ranked passing offense. I think with more options around him his touches will likely go down, but he should have more room to run. I'm expecting a good year.

This is why I don't understand all the hate for this guy. He has performed incredibly on a team with a less-than-exciting passing game for the last 7 years.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
This is why I don't understand all the hate for this guy. He has performed incredibly on a team with a less-than-exciting passing game for the last 7 years.

he is the #1 WR of the team and misses TC and preseason every year whule every year we had to learn a new offesnive system

as a #1 WR he was learning the offense as the seasons went by

there is no denying that is a huge part of the reason we had " less than exciting" passing attack
Originally posted by cashmahne:
I agree with those saying Crabtree isn't a bust. He just hasn't been as good as his #10 selection. That said, I don't think he will have a huge breakout year. His numbers might get better, but with Manningham, Jenkins, Gore, Davis, Walker, James, Moss and Hunter around him, I can see Alex throwing the ball around to each of them. I think Vernon Davis has a great year tho. With the ability Jenkins/Moss has to stretch the field, it could open up some room for Davis.

Holy s**t I never really thought about all of the speed we carry on offense now!

We even have a speedy LT and QB
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

he is the #1 WR of the team and misses TC and preseason every year whule every year we had to learn a new offesnive system

as a #1 WR he was learning the offense as the seasons went by

there is no denying that is a huge part of the reason we had " less than exciting" passing attack
No I think the QB is the reason why we had a less than exciting passing attack

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Heh
Share 49ersWebzone