There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

De Ja Vu........ Crabtree Edition!!!

Originally posted by JimA49ers:
I think Crabtree is a good receiver, and will do well. What soured things up, was when he was drafted at #10 he held out of signing a contract because he demanded #5 pick money. That alone drove up everyone's expectations, since you expected to be paid like a #5 pick. Michael raised the bar with his expectations, and so has everyone else. So Michael, live up to the #5 pick contract that you are being paid.

He didn't get a top 5 contract. The holdout got him nothing but bitter fans, an extra year on his rookie contract, and a VERY team-friendly contract, considering his draft position. I think he can get bigger numbers, if he produces consistently like he did at the end of the season. I also think he has physical limitations that will allow good CBs to take him out of the game.
900 yards in under 16 games with a jacked up foot, Alex Smith at QB and no mid-week practice is nothing to scoff at.......Imagine if this dude really could practice hard and had a QB that wasnt afraid to thread the needle...... He has amazing talent that isn't obvious to the casual observer (myself included).

My guess: Crabtree has a deceptively long reach (range) and a suddenness about him. You complement that with strength and impecable timing and you have a very good reciever.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
900 yards in under 16 games with a jacked up foot, Alex Smith at QB and no mid-week practice is nothing to scoff at.......Imagine if this dude really could practice hard and had a QB that wasnt afraid to thread the needle...... He has amazing talent that isn't obvious to the casual observer (myself included).

My guess: Crabtree has a deceptively long reach (range) and a suddenness about him. You complement that with strength and impecable timing and you have a very good reciever.

He has all the ability to be a complete WR. His underneath ability alone will open up deep routes for him and his speed is fast enough.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Fook yeah! You already know bro! Crabs will have over a 1000 yards this year and I say at least 8 td's. He will be a lot faster and quicker too because I think he is still healing from that foot injury.

F*** YEAH!!! Let's just hope he can come up with some better touchdown celebrations!
Can anyone speak to Crabs foot injury? Is this a career long deal?
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,391
I like Michael he has great f**king hands and seems to grab the ball instead of letting it find him. Love his aggresivness. You people must also realize or offense and coaching staff was joke before Hardick got here and if he can make Alex a decent qb he can do anything.

13-3 and Superbowl this year guys mark it down.
I love the Vernon Davis analogy. It took Vernon awhile to get with the program.

Crabtree shot himself in the foot (all pun intended) by the hold out, taking bad advice, acting aloof (I think it's insecurity), he's missed EVERY PRESEASON (a little diva-ish and Vernon called him out for it) and he's also been in a run first offense with bad coaches.

Crabtree made some stride last year, hopefully Manningham and Moss can give him more insight on how he needs to improve. And Jenkins is right there to light a fire under his ass as well.

Thank god he showed up to Football school, Frank Gore did too, and Randy made it there too.

I don't know if Crabtree will ever explode, but I think he can be much more of a go to receiver and be on the same page with Alex. That is the key. So many times, I think Crab didn't know what the hell he was doing (all of the missed time) and the niners have been so bad at WR that he hasn't had to fight for the job. THAT IS HUGE. Now there's a lot of competition, he needs to step up game, and I think he's 1 year away from FA? So we could be losing Moss, Crabtree next season......so thank god we drafted Jenkins.

But hopefully Crab will up his game to something like 80 1100 8 tds?
Originally posted by Axl49:
I like Michael he has great f**king hands and seems to grab the ball instead of letting it find him. Love his aggresivness. You people must also realize or offense and coaching staff was joke before Hardick got here and if he can make Alex a decent qb he can do anything.

13-3 and Superbowl this year guys mark it down.

13-3 is going to be really tough with the schedule we got. The only way we will do 13-3 is if we get to top 15th in passing. 10th in offense overall?
Question: What's an average year for an "elite" reciever?
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
I love the Vernon Davis analogy. It took Vernon awhile to get with the program.

Crabtree shot himself in the foot (all pun intended) by the hold out, taking bad advice, acting aloof (I think it's insecurity), he's missed EVERY PRESEASON (a little diva-ish and Vernon called him out for it) and he's also been in a run first offense with bad coaches.

Crabtree made some stride last year, hopefully Manningham and Moss can give him more insight on how he needs to improve. And Jenkins is right there to light a fire under his ass as well.

Thank god he showed up to Football school, Frank Gore did too, and Randy made it there too.

I don't know if Crabtree will ever explode, but I think he can be much more of a go to receiver and be on the same page with Alex. That is the key. So many times, I think Crab didn't know what the hell he was doing (all of the missed time) and the niners have been so bad at WR that he hasn't had to fight for the job. THAT IS HUGE. Now there's a lot of competition, he needs to step up game, and I think he's 1 year away from FA? So we could be losing Moss, Crabtree next season......so thank god we drafted Jenkins.

But hopefully Crab will up his game to something like 80 1100 8 tds?

It was a 6 year contract which could be voided down to 5 years I think? But the triggers included Pro Bowls didnt they?

Damn, when is AB83 when you need him?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Just glad Crabtree bothered to show up early to work with his team. He has his flashes of great hands mixed with the drops. He has shown to be able to get behind CBs at times... other times, he's blanketed. He needs to learn how to attack the ball and not just wait for it to arrive.

If he stays in camp and works on those deficiencies, then .

If he doesn't, then he will remain a decent # 2 yet unspectacular offensive weapon.

His choice, really. The ability is there... now let's see if the drive to be great matches up.

I don't think the drive to be great is there. Drive to be good, maybe, but not great. If so, he would have made more of an effort to work out with his QB; more extracurricular pitch and catch to get to know each other better. He would have taken up the GOAT's offer of working with him, like Jenkins appears to be doing. And, as a 3rd year receiver, he wouldn't have dropped so many balls last season. Those aren't the signs of a player aspiring to greatness! What happened to the guy in college who NEVER dropped passes? I don't necessarily view him as a bust, but I certainly haven't seen the number 10 receiver we drafted, at least not yet.
Mindi Bach ‏ @MBachCSN #49ers Donte Whitner played against Randy Moss twice a year for 4 yrs, now working out with him every morning. Gore & Crabtree in group, too

The Vets have taken Crabtree in
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Mindi Bach ‏ @MBachCSN #49ers Donte Whitner played against Randy Moss twice a year for 4 yrs, now working out with him every morning. Gore & Crabtree in group, too

The Vets have taken Crabtree in

God I hope Crabtree explodes
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Mindi Bach ‏ @MBachCSN #49ers Donte Whitner played against Randy Moss twice a year for 4 yrs, now working out with him every morning. Gore & Crabtree in group, too

The Vets have taken Crabtree in

God I hope Crabtree explodes
He will.