There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

De Ja Vu........ Crabtree Edition!!!

The love for mediocre players is at an all time high.
Originally posted by susweel:

I seriously don't think Crabtree is mediocre, with any other quarterback who could sling it and take chances he'd be a superstar.. much like Davis I know Crabtree will be a great player. jus wait and see.
Originally posted by susweel:

You know the rule, the less they play the greater they get. That's why backup QB's are so loved.

There's only one person who this rule doesn't apply to and that's Alex Smith. During the season, you try to savor that one good quarter he plays but then he gets worse the less he plays...don't ask me why...it's just weird. Dude had his best season and once the season ended....stop for the purpose of not trying to turn this into an Alex thread...
Originally posted by Joecool:
stop for the purpose of not trying to turn this into an Alex thread...

good thinking... save your fun obsession for the other thread.
Horrible comparison. No one ever questioned Davis work ethic and commitment to the Niners. He just had a little too much pride. Crabs on the other hand held out for money he didn't deserve (top 5 money), and his work ethic is nowhere near Davis.
Honestly you have to be stupid to think this guy can't play or doesn't want to.
I think Crabtree is a good receiver, and will do well. What soured things up, was when he was drafted at #10 he held out of signing a contract because he demanded #5 pick money. That alone drove up everyone's expectations, since you expected to be paid like a #5 pick. Michael raised the bar with his expectations, and so has everyone else. So Michael, live up to the #5 pick contract that you are being paid.
I really hope he lives up to his draft position. His blocked grew leaps & bounds.

I feel this is a make or break year for him.

He MUST be in training camp this year. If he isn't, it sneds a very bad message.

He must produce. He disappeared when we needed him most.

I'm hoping for a breakout year for Crabs.
I don't see why everyone has to bash Crabtree. 72 catches 800+ yds. THe only problem was that he only had 4 TDs, but hey we didn't score much through the air last season anyways.
Starships were meant to fly
Even if he lights it up, he will be out of here once his contract is up. There's just a sense that dude just doesn't feel he belong in SF.
I would rather have DHB.
Whew! **wiping my forehead**

...I thought Crabtree got injured this morning doing a walkthrough!

Thank God he didn't
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Whew! **wiping my forehead**

...I thought Crabtree got injured this morning doing a walkthrough!

Thank God he didn't

• sfout
  • Veteran
Maybe he'll beg the GOAT to let him join him and AJ on their runs this summer.

BTW I'm a big Crabtree fan but he needs to step it up in terms of working with the team and getting in shape, looking at how soft Crabtree's arms are I wouldn't be surprised if he actually worked out he would a) either slim down to low 200s and get a little quicker or b) actually turn that fat into some muscle and play in the mid 220s.
[ Edited by sfout on May 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home