LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Has anyone else trained with Rice?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
As a 9er fan, we can't forget that the pick they traded up turned out to be #52, Ray Lewis
ahhh. thank you.we were not the best in drafting back in those days at times . our last gasp at free agency did not go well in kevin green and rod woodson either
Well i have to be honest. I'm not gonna knock Crabs for not working with Rice. But i will say it could help. To honestly say that not working with him wouldnt make a difference is a little naive. Thats like saying if RG3, Luck, etc, worked with Montana, or Young that it would make no difference.

The ones that say it's not a big deal, it's actually not. However, i did find one thing striking. When they talked to Crabs, didnt he say that he was gonna be working close with Moss, and picking his brain about the position, and his advice. Rice has been offering his help, at least for a few years now, even as to say Crabs hasn't called me yet.

And now our new No1 draft pick isnt wasting any time and working with the Great one. I think Rice said it best, in saying that, AJ can be the kind of receiver that a QB needs, that whether or not the ball is thrown perfect that the WR can make the catch no matter what. That it doesnt have to be a perfect ball one bit, and that the receiver helps make the QB better. Funny hearing these words from a HOF in comparison to what many in the zone say in regards to the QB to WR duo, and that in our case, the ball has to always be placed perfectly.

Not starting anything, lol. But it is funny when sometimes our QB has made a completion we talk about placement. And just as Rice has always said, if your two hands touch the ball, it should be caught. Over the years i wonder just how many throws have gone of the receivers hands. Whether to high or low, when they touch the palms, it should be caught, no matter the throw.

Hope we finally have a WR, that can make those catches that help us get over the top.
Jerry Rice has been saying things about Crabtree since the Niners drafted him, Crabtree probably is pissed at Jerry. Jerry and Jenkins have met before so thats where all this is coming from its not like Jerry Rice signled out jenkins to work out with him. they know each other and since the 49ers drafted jerry reached out
Rice worked with DeSean Jackson prior to him being drafted by the Eagles....Rice predicted his success....49ers didnt listen
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
What is Rice's opinion on AJ Jenkins talent level ?
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Jerry Rice has been saying things about Crabtree since the Niners drafted him, Crabtree probably is pissed at Jerry. Jerry and Jenkins have met before so thats where all this is coming from its not like Jerry Rice signled out jenkins to work out with him. they know each other and since the 49ers drafted jerry reached out
That's b******t.

When Crabs was first drafted, Jerry said he'd love to help him out in any way he could. Crabs turned out to be a primadonna sitting out the entire f**king T.C. his rookie season. Then it happened again the next season, and again the next. I think by year 3, Jerry realized what type of work ethic Crabtree has.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
That's b******t.

When Crabs was first drafted, Jerry said he'd love to help him out in any way he could. Crabs turned out to be a primadonna sitting out the entire f**king T.C. his rookie season. Then it happened again the next season, and again the next. I think by year 3, Jerry realized what type of work ethic Crabtree has.

this
Crabtree was tight with Deion Sanders. His promoter when he first came out. It's pretty much all I needed to know...

Go back to the 2009 Houston game. Crabtree's first game in the NFL. You can hear Deion yelling 'Who needs camp!" in the game highlights. Deion got into Crabtree's head. Making him think he's all that. If you want smoke blow up your a** you call upon Deion. The greatest CB of all time telling me I'm the sh*t, I must be damn good... Am I right ... Right...

OK... I still support Crabtree.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 8, 2012 at 10:22 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
You Know I like jerry rice as well as the next guy but he is not a coach with the niners. whatever he is doing with our players he is doing on his own and that is nice and fine.But jerry rice will not dictate the future of any wide out we have. i really think alot of people over estimate the influence of jerry rice on our team. i am glad he wants to help the rookie and help to be a good player. i wonder if the head coach has any say in the type of training the kid is getting from rice. i think to many people are quick to throw crabtree under the bus, in part, to what jerry rice thinks about him. i love rice, I love niner history but to me,, the opinion of jerry rice or any other x niner on one of our current players means zero to me. Just because he is doing the "hill" does not mean the kid will become a great player,,, just because crabtree chooses not to do the "hill" does not mean he will flop as a nfl wideout. I have no problems with he hanging with moss and getting mentoring from a hall of fame player. i have no problem with the kid hanging with rice but lets not get carried away with rice and the "hill"
Not a 49er obviously, but this vid is mesmerizing when listing to GOAT break it down around the ~1 min mark

1:05 = ...I think my ankles broke watching that

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Crabtree was tight with Deion Sanders. His promoter when he first came out. It's pretty much all I needed to know...

Go back to the 2009 Houston game. Crabtree's first game in the NFL. You can hear Deion yelling 'Who needs camp!" in the game highlights. Deion got into Crabtree's head. Making him think he's all that. If you want smoke blow up your a** you call upon Deion. The greatest CB of all time telling me I'm the sh*t, I must be damn good... Am I right ... Right...

OK... I still support Crabtree.

This minus the crabtree support. Except deion was that damn good, and crabtree is average at best thinking he is a baller.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
If I recall correctly Ricky Watters smoked with Jerry on The Hill

But it was Jerry Garcia
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
If I recall correctly Ricky Watters smoked with Jerry on The Hill

But it was Jerry Garcia
On ESPN on Monday when Cris Carter was asked which rookie WR would have and impact, he mentioned Michael Floyd. He said that Fitzgerald flies out himself and Rice to work on things and is sure that Floyd will be there. So add Floyd to that future list, and listening to a couple interviews, AJ wants to pick Rice's brain too.
Share 49ersWebzone