LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

Tony Jerrod Eddie

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Sack artist

He's doing just what he was signed to do.

He's giving the starters a break w/out blowing assignments.

He's VERY cap friendly and has gotten better as the season has progressed.

Both Cowboy & Ray Mac have benefited and now it's playoff finals and they are fresh.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He's doing just what he was signed to do.

He's giving the starters a break w/out blowing assignments.

He's VERY cap friendly and has gotten better as the season has progressed.

Both Cowboy & Ray Mac have benefited and now it's playoff finals and they are fresh.

Not only is he keeping his assignment, he is blowing up plays like the INT against Houston or the goal line stand in carolina. He even sniffed out a screen and made kam throw it into the dirt.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
TJE has been a nice surprise. I wonder if he cracks the 53 man next years.

If we have all main guys healthy, we should have Justin, Ray Mac, Ian Williams, Dorsey, Tank as locks, then comes down to Dial, Jerod-Eddie, maybe Dobbs if on minimum deal(RFA wouldn't tender at $1.3M), and whoever else we have, likely Purcell from the P-Squad. Plus any draft picks.

I guess he makes it if we dont draft a DE, or NT high, so his main competition would be Dial and whoever is a late pick. I like the kid, he Brock, and Wlhoite have been great UDFA signings, not sure if Wilhoite was a UDFA from us, but he was on P-Squad in 2012 for a while, now a main stay, would love a multi year deal for him.

Seems we hit on signing UDFAs or other teams UDFAs who were cut, Brock, TJE, Spillman, Wilhoite, Morris.

Not only that, I think it means our coaches are phenomenal, those guys come through and their fundamentals are excellent is what I am noticing and they are fitting in well. It's like they get the bad habits eradicated and correct technique installed in the PS.

I really notice it with TJE, he seems much better than RJF or Soapoaga in terms of technique and understanding the game and I think it's because of what our coaches are doing for the PS players. Okoye could be a monster DE if that holds true.
Originally posted by Buchy:

If we have all main guys healthy, we should have Justin, Ray Mac, Ian Williams, Dorsey, Tank as locks, then comes down to Dial, Jerod-Eddie, maybe Dobbs if on minimum deal(RFA wouldn't tender at $1.3M), and whoever else we have, likely Purcell from the P-Squad. Plus any draft picks.

I guess he makes it if we dont draft a DE, or NT high, so his main competition would be Dial and whoever is a late pick. I like the kid, he Brock, and Wlhoite have been great UDFA signings, not sure if Wilhoite was a UDFA from us, but he was on P-Squad in 2012 for a while, now a main stay, would love a multi year deal for him.

Seems we hit on signing UDFAs or other teams UDFAs who were cut, Brock, TJE, Spillman, Wilhoite, Morris.

Not only that, I think it means our coaches are phenomenal, those guys come through and their fundamentals are excellent is what I am noticing and they are fitting in well. It's like they get the bad habits eradicated and correct technique installed in the PS.

I really notice it with TJE, he seems much better than RJF or Soapoaga in terms of technique and understanding the game and I think it's because of what our coaches are doing for the PS players. Okoye could be a monster DE if that holds true.

im just glad that our phenomenal coaching staff is in tact. I wonder why teams don't wait til the playoffs are over; are they that impatient to find someone?
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Buchy:

im just glad that our phenomenal coaching staff is in tact. I wonder why teams don't wait til the playoffs are over; are they that impatient to find someone?

I don't know either and it's really sort sighted - they must view it as losing a month's preparation for next season and the fact that coaches who go to championship games or the SB will have higher contract demands.

Ultimately, the right person will make more of a difference than spending January preparing for the draft.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
championship

*NFC Championship*
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'm betting Baalke will lock TJE up to a cap friendly extension like he did with Ian Williams.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jan 19, 2014 at 11:01 AM ]
Go Niners!!

Opening the first beer...Salud!
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I am all for bringing in more talent and letting the training camp sort things out but we have a lot of talent on our dline already. It will be interesting to see how Okoye, Dial, and Carradine pan out next year. But for this year TJE has earned his stripes. Dorsey and Williams have played well so again Baalke has shown an eye for talent, and Tomsula has developed it.

I agree with all of this. TJE has earned a spot as a rotational player and we all know how hard it is to get in the rotation in San Francisco. There is no guarantee that any rookie will be able to come in and outperform him unless we are talking a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Next season, we should have Ray McDonald, Glen Dorsey, Justin Smith, Ian Williams, TJE, Tank Carradine, DeMarcus Dobbs, and the possibility of Quinton Dial, plus another rookie (my hope is that it will be Dominique Easley). We'd be set with a nice mixture of veteran depth and an infusion of young talent. My thoughts are that Tony Jerod-Eddie can be what Ricky Jean-Francois was in terms of being a good rotational player and will not be that expensive to extend.

He's already signed for next year at 495k so he will be back. IMO, it's just a question of do we re-sign Dobbs who is a FA or bring in a rookie or just go with 7. McDonald, Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Williams, TJE, Dial, ?. We could go into next year with those 7 and be good but my guess is we go 8 and add a rookie DE in the 3rd-5th round. Either way looks like pretty good depth to me but could be even better based on how Carradine and Dial play.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
He's already signed for next year at 495k so he will be back. IMO, it's just a question of do we re-sign Dobbs who is a FA or bring in a rookie or just go with 7. McDonald, Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Williams, TJE, Dial, ?. We could go into next year with those 7 and be good but my guess is we go 8 and add a rookie DE in the 3rd-5th round. Either way looks like pretty good depth to me but could be even better based on how Carradine and Dial play.

I still say we draft a rookie to play DE. Preferably someone that we can stash away for the year because it isn't likely that said rookie will play anyway.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I did a search for Tony Jerrod Eddie and found nothing.

Tony Jerod-Eddie is 6-5 and weighs 301. He is 23 years old and has played in the NFL for 2 years.

He was signed as UDFA out of Texas A&M. He was not invited to the combine, but he did play in the Senior Bowl. At the Senior Bowl, he was listed at 6-4 and 301 with 34 3/8 inch arms. Funny thing, he had the longest arms of any defensive lineman at the Senior Bowl.

In 2012, Tony Jerod Eddie played 10 snaps at DE. In 2013, he played 385 snaps at DE. All but three of those 385 snaps were played at left defensive end, behind Ray McDonald.

Of the 3-4 defensive ends that played more 25% of the defensive snaps, Jerod-Eddie was ranked 29th by Pro Football Focus.

Although that may not seem impressive, he was ranked higher than Johnny Jolly (35th), B.J. Raji (43rd), Ziggy Hood (44th), and Kendell Reyes (45th). PFF ranked Ray McDonald 22nd and Justin Smith 16th in 2013.

In 2013,he had 28 tackles. Of those 21 were solo and 7 were assists. He had 0 sacks. PFF focus credits him with 3 quarter back hits and 16 quarterback hurries.

Ray McDonald had 37 tackles. Of those 29 were solo and 8 were assists, plus McDonald had 3.5 sacks. PFF credits him with 3 quarterback hits and 22 quarterback hurries.

Tony Jerrod Eddie has earned my respect. Jim Tomsula does good work.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 27, 2014 at 5:50 PM ]
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/165612-we-just-signed-tony-jerod-eddie/search=jerod-eddie

I like the kid, got potential to be a solid backup.
  • buck
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/165612-we-just-signed-tony-jerod-eddie/search=jerod-eddie

I like the kid, got potential to be a solid backup.

Whoops. I spelled his name wrong. Yuk.

Merge this into the previously existing thread.
Share 49ersWebzone