• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Kuya:
Yay for depth, i'm sure Tomsula was clamoring for this move

exactly, Tony gives us good depth and is a decent backup for a 34 DE
so you are saying he is a replacement for justin???? sorry that just reminded me of a post where i was happy to see the team sign two linebackers and somehow some kids in romper room turned it around so that i was really saying they were replacements for willis

there is no way to replace Justin, lets just be honest...
he can only be succeeded
Dockett will be better for rushing the passer as he was graded out ridiculously the past few years. If Justin retires our run d will get a little worse with Willis and Borland but luckily our run d is still overall great and pass rush is more important these days......
Originally posted by elguapo:
Dockett will be better for rushing the passer as he was graded out ridiculously the past few years. If Justin retires our run d will get a little worse with Willis and Borland but luckily our run d is still overall great and pass rush is more important these days......

that's why I'm feeling like we go D-Line with the 15th pick
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Apr 13, 2015 at 6:35 AM ]
totally not football related , but have any of you guys watched the John Candy comedy "Going Beserk?" ...there is a character in the movie named "Muhammad Jerome Willy", who is played by Ernie Hudson , and when Tony Jerod Eddie gets on the field, one of my sons will say.... "Uh Oh, it's Muhammad Jerome Willy"
Can anyone tell me why this guy still gets so many damn snaps? Does he ever get any push on the pocket? I can't remember ever saying to myself "wow look at that play TJE made!" Can someone like thl or johnnydel explain to me what it is the coaches see in this guy?

I get that they can put him anywhere on the line but what good is it if he's terrible at everything? Terrible pass rusher, not a great run stuffer, no great physical attributes. So what is it? I'd rather let Armstead sink or swim out there. Hell I think okoye would have shown up on a play every now then.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
dont you believe in the coaching staff anymore???

if Jim and the rest of his crew feels that he can start, or deserves some playing time, you should back them up by all means!!

as Ive posted during the off season, make no mistake, this could be a year where everyone is playing for their spot for NEXT year!!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
dont you believe in the coaching staff anymore???

Hence why I'm asking some of the more knowledgeable posters to chime in. Maybe he does things in not noticing.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Can anyone tell me why this guy still gets so many damn snaps? Does he ever get any push on the pocket? I can't remember ever saying to myself "wow look at that play TJE made!" Can someone like thl or johnnydel explain to me what it is the coaches see in this guy?

I get that they can put him anywhere on the line but what good is it if he's terrible at everything? Terrible pass rusher, not a great run stuffer, no great physical attributes. So what is it? I'd rather let Armstead sink or swim out there. Hell I think okoye would have shown up on a play every now then.

I agree, let Arik Armstead play, he at least gets some push and pass rush on the QB, he had a sack of Palmer I believe, TJE is useless.
He's a total waste of a roster spot. Should've kept Dockett over him. I agree give all his snaps to Armstead.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Hence why I'm asking some of the more knowledgeable posters to chime in. Maybe he does things in not noticing.

He's not a BAD player but he really doesn't do a whole lot. I think he's largely there due to his versatility and ability to play DE or NT but I think we've seen the best of what he has to offer. A solid third string guy but no more.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I would have kept Okoye over TJE based on talent alone, forget the real possibility that Okoye may never become an NFL player.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yes. Whenever they think about putting TJE in Armstead needs to go in his place. TJE should thank the football gods he's still on the team. He doesnt do much.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #49ers have re-signed DE Tony Jerod-Eddie on a 1-year deal worth $1.3M, source said.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 53s54 seconds ago Matt Maiocco Retweeted Ian Rapoport

The #49ers saves by not giving Jerod-Eddie the $1.671 million minimum qualifying offer for a restricted free agent.

Matt Maiocco added,

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet The #49ers have re-signed DE Tony Jerod-Eddie on a 1-year deal worth $1.3M, source said.

pinching every penny
lol
Tje got his reported "long term" deal!
Share 49ersWebzone