There are 217 users in the forums

Tony Jerrod Eddie

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i think we will see a lot of good things from Tony Jerod-Eddie! he seems to really have taken a leadership role and has gain respect of his teammates. watch the new mic'd up video of him and looney
  • thl408
Signed 1 year tender

The 49ers announced Tuesday they signed defensive tackle Tony Jerod-Eddie to a one-year exclusive rights tender.

The former undrafted free agent has appeared in 32 games, making four starts, in his three years with San Francisco and played in all 16 games last year for the 49ers. He was a starter for the final two games after the 49ers released Ray McDonald.
  • thl408
I'm not clear what that means. He can still sign an offer sheet with another club?
Originally posted by thl408:
I'm not clear what that means. He can still sign an offer sheet with another club?

Nope. "Exclusive Rights" means he can only negotiate with the 49ers. He either signs their tender, signs a long-term deal with them, or stops playing in the NFL. He's a 49er unles he gets cut/traded.
  • bors
  • Veteran
how bad is it that I automatically assume it was bad news when I saw the story was expecting DUI or something
TJE's fine in a rotation...but he's not the dominant player we need. Even if Justin Smith plays some in 2015, it'll likely be for the fewest snaps since he became a Niner. TJE should figure in a rotation to spell Justin, which is fine. However, when Justin hangs up his cleats for good, our DL won't have a dominant player anywhere. That's why Baalke needs to address that in this draft.
TJE gives us great deapth
Hes been built in our system
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
TJE's fine in a rotation...but he's not the dominant player we need. Even if Justin Smith plays some in 2015, it'll likely be for the fewest snaps since he became a Niner. TJE should figure in a rotation to spell Justin, which is fine. However, when Justin hangs up his cleats for good, our DL won't have a dominant player anywhere. That's why Baalke needs to address that in this draft.

I agree, but hes good deapth
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Yay for depth, i'm sure Tomsula was clamoring for this move

Originally posted by Constantine:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

I agree, but hes good deapth

Agree. Regarding the dominant player, this was why Tank was drafted. Would like to see him in a couple of pre seasons to see how far he has come.
Not a dominant player anywhere? Ummmm hello, Darnell dockett is very dominant. Him and Calais Campbell were sick. Dockett is actually a better pass rushing lineman then Justin smith, worse against the run.
Originally posted by Kuya:

exactly, Tony gives us good depth and is a decent backup for a 34 DE
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

so you are saying he is a replacement for justin???? sorry that just reminded me of a post where i was happy to see the team sign two linebackers and somehow some kids in romper room turned it around so that i was really saying they were replacements for willis
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

so you are saying he is a replacement for justin???? sorry that just reminded me of a post where i was happy to see the team sign two linebackers and somehow some kids in romper room turned it around so that i was really saying they were replacements for willis

there is no way to replace Justin, lets just be honest...
Share 49ersWebzone