LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Tony Jerrod Eddie

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
TJE was definitely one of the most pleasant surprises personnel wise. He held up surprisingly well when he was in. If he can take the next step, who knows?

I still wish that we would develop a real rotation of the DL (maybe series by series?) so that late in the game and late in the season, the Line can generate huge pressure and put the game away.

they did a lot of rotating this yr but they weren't rotating ahmad brooks and aldon smith, but do u really want them to rotate those guys

i saw dan skuta out there quite a bit this season. he had sacks in our last 2 playoff games, 1 taken away by a s**tty penalty call on him.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Niners look pretty solid at DL, behind the starters we have Jerod-Eddie, Carradine, Dial. then there is Williams coming back from injury
and projects Okoye, Tupou and Pucell, we also have Tukuafu who could make it as Jumbo FB and still play some DL
  • buck
  • Veteran
Only counting games in which the player actually played. The percentages do not include games missed.

In 2012, Aldon Smith played 1,025 snaps.
In 2013, Aldon Smith played 582 snaps.

In 2012, Aldon Smith played 94.13% of the snaps.
In 2013, Aldon Smith played 79.9% of the snaps.

In 2012, Ahmad Brooks played 997 snaps.
In 2013, Ahmad Brooks played 983 snaps.

In 2012, Ahmad Brooks played 92.135 of the snaps.
In 2013, Ahmad Brooks played 90.56 % of the snaps.

In 2012, Justin Smith played 840 snaps.
In 2013, Justin Smith played 796 snaps.

In 2012, Justin Smith played 88.36% of the snaps.
In 2013, Justin Smith played 73.38% of the snaps.

In 2012, Ray McDonald played 982 snaps.
In 2013, Ray McDonald played 658 snaps.

In 2012, Ray McDonald played 90.31% of the snaps.
In 2013, Ray McDonald played 68.86 % of the snaps.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/data/cstats.php?tab=by_team&season=2012&teamid=28&stats=j&stype=r&pre=REG&playerid=
https://www.profootballfocus.com/data/cstats.php?tab=by_team&season=2013&teamid=28&stats=j&stype=r&pre=REG&playerid=
filtered by cumulative snaps on both pages.

Edit:

In 2013, Tony Jerod Eddy played 385 snaps.
In 2013, Tony Jerod-Eddy played 38.27% of the snaps.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 28, 2014 at 10:34 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Another example of Tomsulas fine coaching ...TJE contributed when his number was called, he will only continue to get better

If I remember correctly Fangio was criticized for not rotating the defense line more.

Last year, he did use more of a rotation.

Fangio should be given credit for being willing to change.
Originally posted by buck:
Another example of Tomsulas fine coaching ...TJE contributed when his number was called, he will only continue to get better

If I remember correctly Fangio was criticized for not rotating the defense line more.

hes up in the booth, maybe they just ignored him

No question about it AND as a result, we developed talent in Dorsey (more to injury though), Dobbs and TJE. Dial even got a few live snaps as well. And no doubt he tried to decrease the snaps for the two DE's.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
TJE was definitely one of the most pleasant surprises personnel wise. He held up surprisingly well when he was in. If he can take the next step, who knows?

I still wish that we would develop a real rotation of the DL (maybe series by series?) so that late in the game and late in the season, the Line can generate huge pressure and put the game away.

they did a lot of rotating this yr but they weren't rotating ahmad brooks and aldon smith, but do u really want them to rotate those guys

i saw dan skuta out there quite a bit this season. he had sacks in our last 2 playoff games, 1 taken away by a s**tty penalty call on him.

Yeah Skuta is a good player. He really played pretty well while Aldon was away and even afterward in a reduced capacity. Was a very nice fa pick up as he was cheap if memory serves

This year Fangio was forced to use other lineman due to injury. I'll believe Fangio has more of a rotation next year when I see it.
Aldon and McDonals snaps went down due to injury and rehab. Brooks snaps pretty much stayed the same. But it was nice to see Justin's snaps go down.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:

This year Fangio was forced to use other lineman due to injury. I'll believe Fangio has more of a rotation next year when I see it.
Aldon and McDonals snaps went down due to injury and rehab. Brooks snaps pretty much stayed the same. But it was nice to see Justin's snaps go down.

The % of snaps played by Aldon and Ray went down. Those % do not include games they missed.
TOMSULA!!! The man at developing DL talent(nameably late rnd talent)..Aubrayu , Soaps and Rickey Jean got paid. And we look to be brimming with pass rush talent for 2014... I'm so happy with our depth .. If Carradine can spell Justin and make an impact we could have the nastiest line in NFL. Our starters should be lights out and our backups shouldnt be too far behind them

The % of snaps played by Aldon and Ray went down. Those % do not include games they missed.

Thanks for pointing that out.
As others said in the thread, Tomusla is the man.
Only counting games in which the player actually played. The percentages do not include games missed.

In 2012, Aldon Smith played 1,025 snaps.
In 2013, Aldon Smith played 582 snaps.

In 2012, Aldon Smith played 94.13% of the snaps.
In 2013, Aldon Smith played 79.9% of the snaps.

In 2012, Ahmad Brooks played 997 snaps.
In 2013, Ahmad Brooks played 983 snaps.

In 2012, Ahmad Brooks played 92.135 of the snaps.
In 2013, Ahmad Brooks played 90.56 % of the snaps.

In 2012, Justin Smith played 840 snaps.
In 2013, Justin Smith played 796 snaps.

In 2012, Justin Smith played 88.36% of the snaps.
In 2013, Justin Smith played 73.38% of the snaps.

In 2012, Ray McDonald played 982 snaps.
In 2013, Ray McDonald played 658 snaps.

In 2012, Ray McDonald played 90.31% of the snaps.
In 2013, Ray McDonald played 68.86 % of the snaps.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/data/cstats.php?tab=by_team&season=2012&teamid=28&stats=j&stype=r&pre=REG&playerid=
https://www.profootballfocus.com/data/cstats.php?tab=by_team&season=2013&teamid=28&stats=j&stype=r&pre=REG&playerid=
filtered by cumulative snaps on both pages.

Edit:

In 2013, Tony Jerod Eddy played 385 snaps.
In 2013, Tony Jerod-Eddy played 38.27% of the snaps.

Great information thanks for sharing.
I have a feeling our defensive line will be the strength of the defense next year, considering the depth we have and the amazing coaching my Tomsula. Excited for TJE also, surprised me last year. Can't wait to see his development this season.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Tomsula is something special.

In fact, our defensive coaching staff seems to be exceptionally good.

Tomsula is something special.

In fact, our defensive coaching staff seems to be exceptionally good.

No question and very happy to seeing us lock up Donatell today as well. Smart move.
Share 49ersWebzone