LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 339 users in the forums

Bold Camp Battle Predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Bold prediction...

Nick Bradley creates more new threads in 2012 than any other Zoner.

Bold prediction: NickSh49 remains a giant tool and complains about content creation.

Prediction: Nick Bradley gets banned for personal attacks.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
So because I think predictions are a waste of time but find other news and topics here about the 49ers interesting I should close my account and stop posting. Yeah, that makes alot of sense. How is what I stated really that much different than the numerous threads I've read over the years where someone disagrees with a topic and posts, "waste of thread" or words to that effect. It seems I've touched a nerve here with some of the more zealous fans who seem to need their level of interest (in the form of making predictions) in the 49ers validated---and when someone like me disagrees with that particular level of interest, they're chastised and told to go away.

ESPN, the NFL network, and numerous other companies and people have made a cottage industry and millions of dollars in the process with their pre-draft programming predictions and hype. And did any of them even have an accurate prediction rate of 10%. I doubt it. Yeah, everyone knew Luck and Griffin were going 1 and 2. Big deal. And can anyone really tell me why Mel Kiper Jr. has a had a 28 year career at ESPN an NFL prognosticator?

On a slightly separate note, the NFL has made itself into a multi-billion dollar industry in marketing itself as a year round sport even though regular season games are only played for 4 months. The NFL network was started for this reason and it's done to increase revenue for the league, which in turn has increased the cost of everything NFL related for the fans. It's basic supply and demand. Create more hype and demand, and you can sell more merchandise and raise pricing structures, especially with ticket prices, which are a finite resource. About the only thing that's gotten less expensive for the fans is the cost of NFL Sunday Ticket which has decreased from from about $350.00 to $199.00 for the upcoming season. I guess DTV figured out that they couldn't compete with sports bars anymore at their old pricing structure. BTW, I used to work in the entertainment industry for a major film and television studio and am familiar with some of the financial structures of the sports and entertainment industry.

Originally posted by English:
Bold prediction...

Bold prediction: NickSh49 remains a giant tool and complains about content creation.

Bold prediction...

lololololol
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
T. Brown was our best CB last year, no way he goes from starter to being replaced by a guy who was out of the league last year, on top of that he would have to leap frog Culliver in the depth chart as well.

Brown was not better than Rogers. And Brown is better suited for an inside nickel CB.

Watch Cox play. He was put of football due to legal issues that should not come up again.

Cox could very well make the team but he wont be a starter unless there are multiple injuries

This^^ Why do people continue to underestimate Tarrell Brown? He came on really strong in the second half of the season. I feel he will be a stud this season...
Bold prediction... Frank Gore does not make the 53-man roster. Based on his salary and the way they feel about his durability, and getting older, I feel like Gore could be a surprise cut. Kendall Hunter earns starting role with LaMichael James as back-up. Brandon Jacobs as short yardage/goal line back.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by rawdel:
Bold prediction... Frank Gore does not make the 53-man roster. Based on his salary and the way they feel about his durability, and getting older, I feel like Gore could be a surprise cut. Kendall Hunter earns starting role with LaMichael James as back-up. Brandon Jacobs as short yardage/goal line back.

They wont do Frank dirty like that.

Alex Smith gets cut because he fumbled twice in the NFC championship game. Alex Smith gets cut because he doesn't "throw his receiver open" in a tight game where one mistake can change everything. Alex Smith gets cut because his first name sounds like Alice when spoken out of a drunkard's mouth.

Originally posted by susweel:

They wont do Frank dirty like that.

I hope not. I love Gore, just making a bold prediction.
I am a torque wrench.

Seriously tho Nicky B, I got nothing but love for you as long as you make good threads. This is one of your better ones (you've had much worse).

But you should just own it. You're the Zone's THREADMASTER GENERAL.

I think criticism of creating a couple posts a week is pretty retarded...
crabtree gets traded.

Prediction: moderator overreacts, threatens to ban people.
Share 49ersWebzone