There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bold Camp Battle Predictions

6 WR's and 4 RB's on a 53 man roster? HELL NO!
- Jacobs will make the team.

- Cox makes the team and jumps Brock on the depth chart as CB #4 and Ginn #1 back-up. Brock makes the team though.

- The final four roster spots will come down to a special teams battle between Tavares Gooden, Colin Jones, Trent Robinson, Darius Fleming, Cam Johnson, Kyle Williams, Anthony Dixon and Rock Cartwright. Four from this group won't make the team.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
T. Brown was our best CB last year, no way he goes from starter to being replaced by a guy who was out of the league last year, on top of that he would have to leap frog Culliver in the depth chart as well.

Brown was not better than Rogers. And Brown is better suited for an inside nickel CB.

Watch Cox play. He was put of football due to legal issues that should not come up again.

in the first half of the season rogers was better... but in the second half id have to say brown out shined him, maybe not in the media but on the field brown really picked it up the second half of the season.
Semi bold: Williams makes the team.
Not bold at all: People here b*tch and moan, then take their midol.

Other than that: Cartwright and Dixon are both cut. We carry 6 WR's and 5 RB's including Miller.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Partially agree about Parrish Cox. He will push the CB competition from the bottom though. I don't think he cracks the starting lineup... at least not until someone above him struggles.

My predictions:

- Cox takes over return duties allowing the 49ers to cut Ted Ginn (who provides zero value as a WR). Cox is a talented return guy and provides greater value as a CB than Ginn does as a WR

- At QB, Tolzien and Kap make improvement and Johnson gets cut

- B. Jacobs AND A. Dixon get cut. Hunter will get more snaps to keep Gore fresh (and Gore will handle short yardage situations, since he can do it better than anybody)

I've thought about the prospect of Cox making Ginn expendable...sure makes everything else on offense a lot easier. You could even carry 4 TEs and bring up Reuland!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I've thought about the prospect of Cox making Ginn expendable...sure makes everything else on offense a lot easier. You could even carry 4 TEs and bring up Reuland!

cox has been out of the nfl, ginn is a proven commodity.unless someone knocks our socks off this off season,, i think the sane and logical choice is stick with ginn
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
T. Brown was our best CB last year, no way he goes from starter to being replaced by a guy who was out of the league last year, on top of that he would have to leap frog Culliver in the depth chart as well.

Exactly, I actually posted a thread on the forum regarding Tarrel Brown being the best surprise d 2011. He outplayed Rogers most of the time.
These are all very bold !!!
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
I've yet to understand the reasoning behind trying to predict what will happen in the future, whether it's with a sports team or anything else. Predict the draft, predict camp battles, predict win/loss record, predict playoff potential, etc. What's the point? None if it has any relevance on what actually happens and seems like a complete waste of time and mental energy to me.

Then cancel your account and stop posting
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
nick has a way of just cutting right to the chase
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Kyle Williams will get cut.

fact

this

this^
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
I've yet to understand the reasoning behind trying to predict what will happen in the future, whether it's with a sports team or anything else. Predict the draft, predict camp battles, predict win/loss record, predict playoff potential, etc. What's the point? None if it has any relevance on what actually happens and seems like a complete waste of time and mental energy to me.

Agreed. Go away.
Larry Grant out plays a healthy Willis and supplants him in the depth chart.....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM ]
I'm really interested to see how the WR totem pole ends up. Moss is going to be extremely motivated this year and by all accounts already looks ready to dominate again, Manningham has to have a huge amount of confidence after being instrumental in winning a super bowl as well as a chip on his shoulder for not being retained by the team who won it. Crabtree is going to be healthy and have a full camp for once, he knows full well his position as a starter is not going to be just handed to him like he always expected it to so he is going to have to really work to earn it. And then you have Jenkins, arguably the best route runner with maybe the best hands in the draft this year, and look how last year's rookie turned out.

You want a bold prediction? Well here's one:

1) Moss
2) Jenkins
3) Crabtree
4) Manningham

Now I really doubt it'll start out that way, like with Aldon last year they will probably limit his snaps early. But if he really shows his stuff in camp they will bump him up the chart and take over Crabtree's starting spot after a few games if Crabtree underwhelms again.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Larry Grant out plays a healthy Willis and supplants him in the depth chart.....

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA