There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bold Camp Battle Predictions

Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
I've yet to understand the reasoning behind trying to predict what will happen in the future, whether it's with a sports team or anything else. Predict the draft, predict camp battles, predict win/loss record, predict playoff potential, etc. What's the point? None if it has any relevance on what actually happens and seems like a complete waste of time and mental energy to me.

If thats the case then you taking your time to post in this thread is a waste of energy.
Originally posted by susweel:
Ginn is sure handed on punts and doesn't fumble to me he is worth a roster spot. Niners are not a kind of team that can get by with turnovers we have to play clean to win games.

Maybe... but I think Ginn's days are numbered. We acquired Cox and James who both have return skills. Ginn is useless as a WR... I don't think you can expect a guy like Ginn to continue to make the team purely based off his special team value. Harbaugh is looking for a replacement. The question is... will anybody else be ready in time for the regular season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Id be surprised to see Williams cut. Go back and watch the tape. As a receiver the guy is very smooth out his breaks, pretty decent hands, good chemistry with Alex, knows where the first down marker is and puts all out effort for every ball thrown his way. As a slot even Greg Roman was saying near end of season how much upside he thinks Williams had as a slot.
As a returner again go back and watch the tape. He mishandled numerous punts during the games Ginn was out. Tape never lies, we shoulda given that job to someone else real early.

Agreed. Everybody loved Williams till he muffed those punts.

This year, we either find a new return guy... or Ginn makes the roster as the 6th WR.

Ginn was probably the second best returner in the NFL. The field position he gave us transformed the team. He was pulled into the wr role because of injuries, although it is not his forte.

But returning is. I know most of the webzone want to take a chance on some low pick wr or rb on the assumption that the position really doesn't matter. Trouble is, from Dexter Carter to Williams we have a sad history of proving it does. Chucking in a 7th round draft pick and hoping he will work out sounds great when you are playing with the roster numbers.

But it doesn't work. Ginn stays.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Dix and Cox will get cut
Tebow performs circumcision?
Originally posted by 16to87:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Dix and Cox will get cut
Tebow performs circumcision?

on pay per view
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Ginn was probably the second best returner in the NFL. The field position he gave us transformed the team. He was pulled into the wr role because of injuries, although it is not his forte.

But returning is. I know most of the webzone want to take a chance on some low pick wr or rb on the assumption that the position really doesn't matter. Trouble is, from Dexter Carter to Williams we have a sad history of proving it does. Chucking in a 7th round draft pick and hoping he will work out sounds great when you are playing with the roster numbers.

But it doesn't work. Ginn stays.
of course this is right. No one on our team is better than ginn is right now at returning kicks and punts.I am happy we have cox and the rock as backups. In regards to the kids we drafted..In time they may be able to take over but I am not willing to just turn the keys over to them,"hoping" they can do the job. To much of a risk to put this in the hands of the unknown.Lets not put alot of hopes on our rookie wide out right now. some of you have him as our fourth best wide out right now. we need to temper our judgement a bit on him.
Tramaine Brock takes over Tarell Brown's starting spot.
Trenton Robinson takes C.J. spillman's 3rd safety spot once held by Reggie Smith.
Dixon will get cut because Cartright will overtake his ST spot.
We try to stash Chris Owusu on the PS & a team snatches him up.
Kyle Williams makes the 53 but Brett Swain gets cut.
Cam Johnson will gain weight and will be a DE learning under Justin Smith.
A.J. Jenkins & LaMichael James will be out Kick Returners.
Originally posted by cciowa:
this
if it does, it will not be for the reason you want it to be

If Eddie D still owned the team he would have cut him right after the game.

This is one of your more ridicoulos statements Susweel. Eddie D would have handled the situation with proffessianalism and class. Even if he did feel Kyle Williams needed to be cut he would have waited for a more appropriate time to do so rather than moments after the game.
I've yet to understand the reasoning behind trying to predict what will happen in the future, whether it's with a sports team or anything else. Predict the draft, predict camp battles, predict win/loss record, predict playoff potential, etc. What's the point? None if it has any relevance on what actually happens and seems like a complete waste of time and mental energy to me.

If thats the case then you taking your time to post in this thread is a waste of energy.
I spent a lot less time writing one paragraph than the mental energy that's expended trying to make predictions throughout the year. It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Do you want to explain to me why it's not a waste of time? I'm all ears.
What possible purpose is there to cut Williams? Muffed punts no reason to cut a guy. We should have had better backup plan or him more prepared. All this cut Williams talk is bogus
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
What possible purpose is there to cut Williams? Muffed punts no reason to cut a guy. We should have had better backup plan or him more prepared. All this cut Williams talk is bogus
some people are either unable or unwilling to see all of the other little things that happened or did not happen during the game which would have made the williams fumble moot,, or they would have never happened at all.. Near the top of the list is bad coaching by the coaches that day, including a reverse in the rain which was a horrid call that led to thier first touchdown. But of course it is against the law to dare be critical of the coaches , Thus williams makes a better scapegoat for many
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:

this. He was never drafted to be our punt returner. His job is the slot. If he gets cut itll be because there was a better option there. Anyways im hoping he stays because that man dives for the first down as opposed to Teddy Ginn who is more content to run out a yard short.

I spent a lot less time writing one paragraph than the mental energy that's expended trying to make predictions throughout the year. It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Do you want to explain to me why it's not a waste of time? I'm all ears.

Dude, this is a football fan site during the offseason. If it wasn't for the urge to discuss and predict we could shut down for half a year.

If you don't want to join in, that is your right. But likewise others have the right to do it, especially here.

These forums is a waste of time if you really want to be real about it.