Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Kyle Williams will get cut.

fact

this

Link?

link not available until August.

lol this and plus it's a prediction thread so
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Brown was not better than Rogers. And Brown is better suited for an inside nickel CB.

Watch Cox play. He was put of football due to legal issues that should not come up again.

Rogers played nickel all year Brown remained outside
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
RB battle

Gore

James vs Hunter for carries

Jacobs is not a lock for a roster spot they might go with an UDFA who can play special teams

Dixon is gone for sure IMO
Partially agree about Parrish Cox. He will push the CB competition from the bottom though. I don't think he cracks the starting lineup... at least not until someone above him struggles.

My predictions:

- Cox takes over return duties allowing the 49ers to cut Ted Ginn (who provides zero value as a WR). Cox is a talented return guy and provides greater value as a CB than Ginn does as a WR

- At QB, Tolzien and Kap make improvement and Johnson gets cut

- B. Jacobs AND A. Dixon get cut. Hunter will get more snaps to keep Gore fresh (and Gore will handle short yardage situations, since he can do it better than anybody)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
If Eddie D still owned the team he would have cut him right after the game.

then he would have to cut dixon to for not picking up third and one, he would cut gore for taking himself out of the game at a key time, he would have had to fire the head coach for running a reverse in the rain, which was a miserable failure. plenty of blame to go around.I do look forward to the first reports out of niner training camp that williams is back recieving punts.lots of peoples heads will blow up around here.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by blm7754:
Partially agree about Parrish Cox. He will push the CB competition from the bottom though. I don't think he cracks the starting lineup... at least not until someone above him struggles.

My predictions:

- Cox takes over return duties allowing the 49ers to cut Ted Ginn (who provides zero value as a WR). Cox is a talented return guy and provides greater value as a CB than Ginn does as a WR

- B. Jacobs AND A. Dixon get cut. Hunter will get more snaps to keep Gore fresh (and Gore will handle short yardage situations, since he can do it better than anybody)

After that fiasco with that b*****d KW no way in hell does Ginn get cut.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

agree.. ginn will not be cut,, for gods sake. if the kids can prove they can do the job, then he gets cut after the season,

My predictions:

this Ginn an excellent returner and is sure-handed unlike that dumbass Williams
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:

agree.. ginn will not be cut,, for gods sake. if the kids can prove they can do the job, then he gets cut after the season,

Plus I think most of his salary is guaranteed.

My predictions:

KW wont ever return kicks again. But he is a better WR than Ginn. And there are plenty of guys on our roster capable of effectively returning kicks (James, Jenkins, Cox, Hunter). They just need to practice as return guys starting now. Problem with KW, he was just thrown into it (with a concussion) when Ginn got hurt. Ginn is replaceable!

Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Kyle Williams will get cut.

fact

this

Link?

link not available until August.

Id be surprised to see Williams cut. Go back and watch the tape. As a receiver the guy is very smooth out his breaks, pretty decent hands, good chemistry with Alex, knows where the first down marker is and puts all out effort for every ball thrown his way. As a slot even Greg Roman was saying near end of season how much upside he thinks Williams had as a slot.
As a returner again go back and watch the tape. He mishandled numerous punts during the games Ginn was out. Tape never lies, we shoulda given that job to someone else real early.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
KW wont ever return kicks again. But he is a better WR than Ginn. And there are plenty of guys on our roster capable of effectively returning kicks (James, Jenkins, Cox, Hunter). They just need to practice as return guys starting now. Problem with KW, he was just thrown into it (with a concussion) when Ginn got hurt. Ginn is replaceable!

Ginn is sure handed on punts and doesn't fumble to me he is worth a roster spot. Niners are not a kind of team that can get by with turnovers we have to play clean to win games.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Id be surprised to see Williams cut. Go back and watch the tape. As a receiver the guy is very smooth out his breaks, pretty decent hands, good chemistry with Alex, knows where the first down marker is and puts all out effort for every ball thrown his way. As a slot even Greg Roman was saying near end of season how much upside he thinks Williams had as a slot.
As a returner again go back and watch the tape. He mishandled numerous punts during the games Ginn was out. Tape never lies, we shoulda given that job to someone else real early.

Agreed. Everybody loved Williams till he muffed those punts.

This year, we either find a new return guy... or Ginn makes the roster as the 6th WR.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Brown was not better than Rogers. And Brown is better suited for an inside nickel CB.

Watch Cox play. He was put of football due to legal issues that should not come up again.

Rogers played nickel all year Brown remained outside

Rogers IS the better corner because he can play both inside and outside. When we went nickel we kicked him inside because he is agile enough to handle the slot receivers. Brown consistently lined up against the #1s on passing downs because of this, giving him a ton of experience and I agree that he held his own against the #1s. Culliver played the opposite side and did a great job for a rookie, remember we CHOSE to have Cully cover Calvin F*%$ing Johson, think about that a Rookie #3 CB covering the best WR in football? Yes he was part of a collective effort that allowed CJ to collect 7 catches for 113 yards but he was a big reason why we kept CJ out of the endzone that game.

For those reasons I dont see Cox beating out any of our top 3 CBs, he has an outside chance of doing so but more then likely he will be our #4 CB with Brock as the #5, pushing Holcomb down to PS.
I've yet to understand the reasoning behind trying to predict what will happen in the future, whether it's with a sports team or anything else. Predict the draft, predict camp battles, predict win/loss record, predict playoff potential, etc. What's the point? None if it has any relevance on what actually happens and seems like a complete waste of time and mental energy to me.
[ Edited by GoalLineStand on May 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone