There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bold Camp Battle Predictions

Originally posted by verb1der:
I see what u mean. However, I think Tolzien has a great chance of being the #3, it's really only him and Mccoy fighting for #2.

My bold prediction is this...

Aj Jenkins becomes the #1 by the end of the season.

Now that is bold my friend... (and extremely doubtful)
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I see what u mean. However, I think Tolzien has a great chance of being the #3, it's really only him and Mccoy fighting for #2.

I'm really hoping it happens.

Kaep said that Aj has made great strides in the off season (since they trained together in Atlanta), and said comparing Aj of this season from last is like night and day, so I think there's definitely going to be a major improvement. How much improvement? We'll find out soon!

Well he's off to a great start. Bobbling and dropping balls in camp!

But I'm with you on this prediction. At least he becomes a starter. The line between #1 and #2 may become blurred.

PS: Hope I'm not jinxing the poor guy!
Williams will have the most big plays this year. (20+ yards)
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

Well he's off to a great start. Bobbling and dropping balls in camp!

But I'm with you on this prediction. At least he becomes a starter. The line between #1 and #2 may become blurred.

PS: Hope I'm not jinxing the poor guy!

I'd be happy if he established himself as the #2!

I was just thinking, what I'm hoping for in Aj specifically, is to be like Denarius Moore in Oakland. A pure deep threat, or at least just be the guy that stretches the field and catch some long bombs. That would be huge for our offense!

Wow, I think I am the polar opposite to your predictions. LOL.

I am not sure whether they are bold or not, but here they are :

• BJ Daniels wins No.3 QB spot from Tolzien
  • Ricardo Lockette and Marlone Moore both outperform AJ Jenkins in camp and preseason
  • AJ Jenkins gets cut at the end of the season and 9ers draft Brandon Coleman in 2014

That's about as bold as I can get.
Originally posted by Rascal:
  • AJ Jenkins gets cut at the end of the season and 9ers draft Brandon Coleman in 2014

LOL, so harsh man! ...but yea that's bold.

Wow, I think I am the polar opposite to your predictions. LOL.

I am not sure whether they are bold or not, but here they are :

• BJ Daniels wins No.3 QB spot from Tolzien
  • Ricardo Lockette and Marlone Moore both outperform AJ Jenkins in camp and preseason

That's about as bold as I can get.

This is VERY bold.

LOL, yea it is a bit harsh, but seriously, right from the word go, I never understood what Baalke and Harbaugh saw in him. We could have drafted a great RB in David Wilson instead. Then, I looked at his progress last year which was zilch, not to mention he didn't even know where to line up as we all saw in the Cards game. Then came the offseason, he was 1 month late in arriving in Atlanta in joining Kap and Ricardo. Yes, sure he did lift a few dumbbells and his biceps look a little better, but that's not enough. There is just something about this guy that doesn't agree with me. I see him as one of those all talk and no action type.
LMJ gets used in backfield like sproles, and is bailout guy for Kap, or gets shovel passes in backfield , or actually is primary target...but still in backfield. Then let D try to tackle him.

LOL, yea it is a bit harsh, but seriously, right from the word go, I never understood what Baalke and Harbaugh saw in him. We could have drafted a great RB in David Wilson instead. Then, I looked at his progress last year which was zilch, not to mention he didn't even know where to line up as we all saw in the Cards game. Then came the offseason, he was 1 month late in arriving in Atlanta in joining Kap and Ricardo. Yes, sure he did lift a few dumbbells and his biceps look a little better, but that's not enough. There is just something about this guy that doesn't agree with me. I see him as one of those all talk and no action type.

I think it's definitely fair to feel that way. And honestly if he doesn't seize the opportunity he has this year with Crabtree's spot up for grabs, then I'd be more inclined to believe he's a bust. I'll give him this year to prove something!

But like I said, I hope he turns out to be like Denarius Moore, or even a Torry Holt type WR.
I think it's definitely fair to feel that way. And honestly if he doesn't seize the opportunity he has this year with Crabtree's spot up for grabs, then I'd be more inclined to believe he's a bust. I'll give him this year to prove something!

But like I said, I hope he turns out to be like Denarius Moore, or even a Torry Holt type WR.

Yep, let's face it, there are rookies out there who play right away and do an OK job. AJ Jenkins already had the luxury of most of last season to learn the playbook, but still couldn't manage it.

Besides, come next offseason, it really should be time we groom a tighter and better receiving corps, but in order to do so you will need to weed out the crap if you will.

I am with you in terms of the timeline. This season is his last chance, we don't have the luxury of time and cap space to waste. If he proves me totally wrong and plays like a stud this season, then no problem keep him, if not . LOL.
Yep, let's face it, there are rookies out there who play right away and do an OK job. AJ Jenkins already had the luxury of most of last season to learn the playbook, but still couldn't manage it.

If AJ doesn't cut it in his second camp, I say cut our losses and move on. I have hopes for Quinton Patton. He was only a 4th round pick, but so was Mike Williams, and Mike caught 65 balls and scored 11 TDs as a rookie for the Bucs.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
LMJ gets used in backfield like sproles, and is bailout guy for Kap, or gets shovel passes in backfield , or actually is primary target...but still in backfield. Then let D try to tackle him.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I'm really hoping it happens.

Kaep said that Aj has made great strides in the off season (since they trained together in Atlanta), and said comparing Aj of this season from last is like night and day, so I think there's definitely going to be a major improvement. How much improvement? We'll find out soon!

night / day
0 catches / ALL the catches