There are 246 users in the forums

Bold Camp Battle Predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anybody have bold camp battle predictions that they'd like to share? I'll throw a couple out there for conversation:

1. Perrish Cox wins the starting CB job away from Tarell Brown, Brown gets bumped to nickel, Culliver to dime. Ed Donatell was Cox's coach in Denver and the two have a close relationship, He and Coach Harbaugh have a good relationship, and Cox was being groomed to replace Champ Bailey in Denver during his rookie year.

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-2/Perrish-Cox-Welcomed-with-Open-Arms/29226538-e5e3-47f3-ba2b-cef3bd91afa8

2. Brandon Jacobs gets cut, Boobie Dixon makes the team and we carry 4 running backs. Dixon gets motivated by the competition and he can play ST well.

3. all 6 WRs make the team. Williams avoids getting the axe. Moss looks great in camp.
T. Brown was our best CB last year, no way he goes from starter to being replaced by a guy who was out of the league last year, on top of that he would have to leap frog Culliver in the depth chart as well.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
T. Brown was our best CB last year, no way he goes from starter to being replaced by a guy who was out of the league last year, on top of that he would have to leap frog Culliver in the depth chart as well.

Brown was not better than Rogers. And Brown is better suited for an inside nickel CB.

Watch Cox play. He was put of football due to legal issues that should not come up again.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Brown was not better than Rogers. And Brown is better suited for an inside nickel CB.

Watch Cox play. He was put of football due to legal issues that should not come up again.

Cox could very well make the team but he wont be a starter unless there are multiple injuries
Too early. Cox seems to be a solid CB with room for improvement, but his rape charge was too much of a headache for Denver. We'll have to see how he does with this team and coaching staff. One thing I notice about the new defensive coaching staff, it doesn't take them long to evaluate players put them in the dog house and ship them elsewhere. Next guy up.
Agreed, the Brown prediction is a little out there. My prediction would be Rogers, Brown, Cully, Cox, Brock, and possibly Holcomb in that order.

1) Dixon gets cut after another offseason of thinking he's on dancing with the stars when he's in the backfield.

2) Agree on the WR's, all 6 will make it. But adding to it I see us carrying 5 TE's and bringing up the Stanford TE from the PS

3) 5 RB's again, Gore, Hunter, LMJ, Jacobs and MIller... with Byham backing up at FB. And a collective sigh of relief as Norris is no longer wasting a roster spot.

4) Both OLB's make the squad, making our 53 man roster look like this:
-TE: 5 (Jennings makes 5)
-WR: 6 (Williams makes it)
-OL: 8 (Slowey makes roster at expense of Ian Williams)
-QB: 3
-RB: 5
-P: 1
-K: 1
-ST: 1 (Either Cartright or Colin Jones)
-DL: 6 (Ian Williams probably cut)
-OLB: 4 (Parys possibly cut/traded if both rookies impress)
-MLB: 4
-CB: 5
-S: 4
Kyle Williams will get cut.
Dix and Cox will get cut
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Anybody have bold camp battle predictions that they'd like to share? I'll throw a couple out there for conversation:

1. Perrish Cox wins the starting CB job away from Tarell Brown, Brown gets bumped to nickel, Culliver to dime. Ed Donatell was Cox's coach in Denver and the two have a close relationship, He and Coach Harbaugh have a good relationship, and Cox was being groomed to replace Champ Bailey in Denver during his rookie year.

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-2/Perrish-Cox-Welcomed-with-Open-Arms/29226538-e5e3-47f3-ba2b-cef3bd91afa8

2. Brandon Jacobs gets cut, Boobie Dixon makes the team and we carry 4 running backs. Dixon gets motivated by the competition and he can play ST well.

3. all 6 WRs make the team. Williams avoids getting the axe. Moss looks great in camp.
I tend to agree with bullet points two and three. I am not sure cox will get a starting job but I think he will make the team and be a good addition. I like the fact that with he and the rookies, we have added lots of depth for returning kicks and punts,, even rock can do this.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

fact

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

fact

this
Originally posted by susweel:

fact

this

Link?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by kidash98:

fact

this

Link?

link not available until August.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
this
if it does, it will not be for the reason you want it to be
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
this
if it does, it will not be for the reason you want it to be

If Eddie D still owned the team he would have cut him right after the game.
Share 49ersWebzone