There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

all-time quarterback controversies

I was watching nfl networks show about the all time qc and the joe montant v steve young came up. It had been so long I completely forgot montana had played the second half of the last game of the 92 season and was completely healthy for the playoffs. Instead we went with young who had completed his second full year as the starter and led the team to a 13-3 record. looking back so many years later it really messed with my mind that we had a healthy 4 time superbowl champion joe montana sitting the bench. As we know, dallas 90's dynasty starts that year in 92 as they come to frisco and beat us...anybody have any memories or thoughts?
alex smith and shaun hill
Alex Smith Troy Smith; Alex Smith Shaun HIll; Alex Smith JT O Sullivan; Alex Smith and now Colin Kapernick. Who will challenge alex next?!
Kaepernick VS Tolzien
A lot of pissed off Chargers fans are kicking their selves in the ass for the Chargers picking Rivers over Brees
Joe and Steve are the all time QB controversy because both lead their teams to SB wins, both were Pro Bowlers, and both are HOFers.
Noodle arm Ken Dorsey vs. Cody Special Teamer Pickett
Originally posted by BOOSKi707:
A lot of pissed off Chargers fans are kicking their selves in the ass for the Chargers picking Rivers over Brees

Mind's a bit fuzzy, but I remember the Chargers drafting Rivers when they thought Brees wasn't going to cut it. Then he had a good year and needed shoulder surgery, I think, and then his contract ended?

In hindsight, now that Brees is probably one of the league's top 3 passers, the Chargers look silly for letting him go... but not counting Rivers' poor last season, he's a Pro Bowl level quarterback.
dont forget that if bledsoe had stayed healthy he would be know as one of the all times greats and brady would be an unknown back up to this day. yes i said it. drew would have been better than brady.
I saw that show today, Montana and Young, that was a real qb controversy

/thread
Chris Weinke vs. The Bachelor
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Alex Smith Troy Smith; Alex Smith Shaun HIll; Alex Smith JT O Sullivan; Alex Smith and now Colin Kapernick. Who will challenge alex next?!

Gotta give it to Alex, he's won every one of them...
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
If #11 was that great,he wouldn't have been yanked that many times for all those other equally sorry QB s. In order to have controversy you need at least two or more above average players.
Steve Stenstrom vs Jeff Garcia