LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

imagine this

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
You would want to layer the routes so to make it a harder decision on the safeties. Should he stay back to defend the deep routes or come up to help on the shorter ones on the inside. Otherwise they would just run down field along with those go route receivers to help out with their CB. No worry on the intermediate stuff cuz there's no one there. Force them to make a decision on every play if you can. Unless you know you can't throw it short and in the middle because of running out of time. Like last second offense. At the end of the game.

Wouldn't the point of having James in the back field be to clear out all of the defenders deep through the vertical routes and drawing 1 on 1 coverage with James in space over the middle? Almost like what the Rams did so well with Faulk. It's a cool concept.

I can see how that would work too. But if you clear every one out, they still have the LBs 3 to 4 of them on James. The LBs will have to deal with L. James for the most part. I'm thinking more of the area behind the backers and in front of the safeties. If they want a passing attack that's where the most logical area to take advantage of when there are fast guys on the outside. The safeties would want to help their CBs on the outside but at the same time have to worry about receivers cutting inside in front of them. It's a domino effect cuz now if you hit someone behind the linebackers, those LBs starts to drop a little further but then here comes L. James and Kaep that they have to worry about also.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM ]
Don't like hearing the "oh but LBs are so fast now, big deal if you going against fast RBs." Could have even been a different thread... don't remember, don't care. When a back like LaMichael James comes out of the backfield and runs a 7 or 9 route with some wiggle, there are very few LBs in the game that can adequately hang with them. Not talking about being on equal terms of straight-line speed... talking about the pure superiority of agility and knowledge of where they're heading.
I think we just assumed all LBs are fast cuz we have Willis and Bowman on the inside.
Imagine this.

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Imagine this.

• Garce
  • Veteran
f**k colin kaepernick

fools gonna be holding a clipboard... wtf
Imagine this.

dude... seriously
Originally posted by 49erRider:
He can throw deep to Vernon. That's about it, though.

He threw deep pretty well in 2009.
  • flow
  • Veteran
The mods need to remove that f*cking picture. Seriously.
Originally posted by MILFS:
Imagine this.

dude... seriously

Sick feeling in my stomach when I see this pic

get a grip guys, seriously...
As they say.....give the kid the ball, let him have some fun.....
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Imagine this.

dude... seriously

Sick feeling in my stomach when I see this pic

defenderDX dont take this personally but seriously screw you.(id like to have used stronger language)
[ Edited by ruthless49er on May 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM ]

Let me walk up to you, kick you in the nuts, and then while you're on the ground in agony, I'll tell you to get a grip.

Its a Niner fanboard, you're posting the play that ended our chance to go to the Super Bowl after a decade of mediocrity. What do you expect the response to be?
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

Let me walk up to you, kick you in the nuts, and then while you're on the ground in agony, I'll tell you to get a grip.

Its a Niner fanboard, you're posting the play that ended our chance to go to the Super Bowl after a decade of mediocrity. What do you expect the response to be?

People are joking about that play/player all the time on this board. Get over it.
Share 49ersWebzone