LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

imagine this

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Smart. Kaepernick is the future. I'm personally high on him.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i cant believe how many fans think they know more than harbaugh

Or Baalke.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
D-Coordinators:

perfect
I think that is entirely possible. Mix up the starters as much as possible. Harbaugh, Roman, Chryst, Drevno.....pretty much the whole offensive staff will be designing plays for our new weapons and with a full offseason.........LOOK OUT FOR THE FIREWORKS!
Don't think anyone is trying to say they know more than Harbaugh, they're just imagining the new possibilities this offense has. It's very exciting.
Originally posted by jprchrds:
Alex can't throw a deep ball, nice try though

He can throw it deep pretty good. It's the short to medium range stuff where he struggles more.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He can throw it deep pretty good. It's the short to medium range stuff where he struggles more.

He can throw deep to Vernon. That's about it, though.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

He can throw deep to Vernon. That's about it, though.

Vernon is / was the only open guy available. So I'm not surprised. Mr. 4.7 Crabtree is not open deep. Ginn can't catch a thing. Edwards was injured and useless. Don't get me started on Swain and Hastings.

Now we have AJ Jenkins (4.37), Moss (who knows how fast at this stage?), LaMichael (4.37 dump off option), Manningham (more sneaky fast than actually fast). He should have more options now.
Vernon is / was the only open guy available. So I'm not surprised. Mr. 4.7 Crabtree is not open deep. Ginn can't catch a thing. Edwards was injured and useless. Don't get me started on Swain and Hastings.

Now we have AJ Jenkins (4.37), Moss (who knows how fast at this stage?), LaMichael (4.37 dump off option), Manningham (more sneaky fast than actually fast). He should have more options now.

I don't recall a deep pass that Ginn dropped. In fact, he made a heck of a play on a deep ball that wasn't over thrown (for once) vs the Ravens only to have it called back. Crabtree and Ginn and even Swain (once) had their men beat deep only to watch the ball over thrown and out of bounds :-/
Originally posted by Sims84:
I don't recall a deep pass that Ginn dropped. In fact, he made a heck of a play on a deep ball that wasn't over thrown (for once) vs the Ravens only to have it called back. Crabtree and Ginn and even Swain (once) had their men beat deep only to watch the ball over thrown and out of bounds :-/

wtf are you talking about

ginn dropped one early in year against divisonal opponent or dallas forgot which one

VD droopped one as well

please dont tell me youre talking about the swai throw being overthrown against the saints if you are then you really need to know what overthrown means

despite all this he was one of the top passers for throws over 20 yards at one point before the ravens game he had the highest passer rating for throws over 20 yards and that was without a deep threat
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on May 3, 2012 at 5:03 AM ]

Don't remember the perfect deep post pass that Ginn ran under and then looked around because he inexplicably couldn't find it before it plunked down in front of his feet?

Oh that's right... technically not a drop.

Or the deep post on the other side where he tripped over his own legs and therefore couldn't cut under the perfect pass?

Oh that's right... technically not a drop.

Let's face it. Our receivers pretty well sucked at tracking deep passes, and rarely attacked the ball... they stumbled, twisted around and bumbled their way into an incompletion as the ball arrived. It's no wonder we didn't try for deep ones often.

oops....
[ Edited by kemp_j on May 3, 2012 at 5:55 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

wtf are you talking about

ginn dropped one early in year against divisonal opponent or dallas forgot which one

VD droopped one as well

please dont tell me youre talking about the swai throw being overthrown against the saints if you are then you really need to know what overthrown means

despite all this he was one of the top passers for throws over 20 yards at one point before the ravens game he had the highest passer rating for throws over 20 yards and that was without a deep threat

LOL.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
D-Coordinators:

That movie f**ked with my head when I was younger...

I had nightmares for years
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Sending Moss, Ginn, Jenkins, and Davis on go routes and having CK and LMJ in the back field. That would scare a lot of defenses. I don't think there's a defense that can lock down that many playmakers.

In the NFL, they have LB's as fast as WR's. LMJ will need to get passed them first. He's got talent, but he hasn't proven it in the NFL yet. Remember what happened to the Reggie "Gayle Sayers" Bush?
Share 49ersWebzone