LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 166 users in the forums

Trent Baalke / GM of the weekend per Peter King

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
We didn't have the sexiest draft, we had the smartest one.

Agreed.

I get the feeling Baalke wasn't in love with this crop draftees and made the most out of it.
Put another way, it's as though the 49ers had said, "Hey, we'll trade you an early fourth-round pick this year for third-, fifth- and sixth-rounders next year."
Sando
Originally posted by toeshawn:
13 picks is a lot! Will definitely be trading up next year

With that many picks 9ers should get at least two 1st rounders in 2013.
Originally posted by kemp_j:

I dont get all the excitement? We have a bunch of late round picks and I expect to the pick we got from the Panthers to be middle to late 3rd.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
jesus....13 projected picks in 2013 Baalke is going to have a field day using those picks to acquire some great talent next draft. We will probably use those picks to fill some expected holes to come about in the defense this season.

the only criticism i have is that we didnt really do anything to the defense other than adding some project pass rushers who will have minimal contributions next season. But our defense is great as is so i guess its ok but im just a defensive minded person who would love a completely unstoppable defense.

Im guessing that next year we will package alot of those picks to acquire a top-end SS. My 2013 draft crush is RAMBO the dude is a freakin beast

I don't know if that's right. We lost Snyder and Morgan and gained Jacobs and Manningham. I think we'll gain one just because of how much Morgan got signed for.. anybody know if that's right?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by kemp_j:

I dont get all the excitement? We have a bunch of late round picks and I expect to the pick we got from the Panthers to be middle to late 3rd.

I agree. We will have some ammunition to trade up to get another 2nd maybe. Probably go heavy defense next year (DT, DE, CB, or S).
Baal Harb! Our FO plays Harb Baal!
With the new rookie salary cap it's way way easier to move up in rounds 1 and 2. With all the picks the Niners have they will have the ammo to do it. Great job!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Baalke deserves endless fellatio.
Originally posted by sfout:
13 projected picks next year, I thought this year would be the year to sell the farm from someone we believe in but oh man next year we have 2 barnes to sell lol.

Players who are currently listed as 2013 FA
dont care what happens to these guys
Randy Moss - Might not even make the 2012 team
Brandon Jacobs - Might not make the 2012 team
Rock Cartwright - ST only, easily replaceable

Guys that matter in some form
Ted Ginn - Elite returner but marginal WR - we could probably re-sign him but I wont bat an eyelash if we let him walk
RJF - Currently the #1 DL backup, but we found him in the 7th round Comp pick range, IMHO he is replaceable but easy to re-sign
Andy Lee - I think we lock up Lee for the long term during the season or shortly thereafter
Isaac Sopoaga - I think Sopoaga is a bit underrated but I bet we re-sign him next year
Delanie Walker - He might attract a lot of attention but we've got Reuland developing but we could still re-sign

Imagine if we re-signed RJF, Lee, Sopoaga, Walker, and lost Ginn. Our biggest need next year would be WR, RB(I think Gore is done after this season ). Even if we pick 32nd I'd bet we could trade up into the late teens and snap up Marquess Wilson from WSU.

The pats traded up from 31 to 25 for nothing more then a 4th round pick, hell throw in that extra 3rd rounder we got from Carolina and it would be done deal IMHO.

I believe Bowman's contract is up next year too

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Chief:
Baalke deserves endless fellatio.

go for it
Originally posted by kronik:
I believe Bowman's contract is up next year too

yep
Peter King still doesn't know anything, lol
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
We will win at least 1 super bowl with Baalke as our GM