There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

KR/PR Depth Chart

Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Any of the undrafted free agens have an KR/PR value?


Owusu, though I'm not sure they'll want him back there with the concussions, particularly PR, but who knows. Also Deante' Purvis, DB/KR, UNLV, who I think is a longshot.

They're both really fast. Owusu ran a 4.31 - 4.36 40 at the combine. Purvis didn't attend the combine, but his 40 time is about the same, I've generally seen 4.32 - 4.37.
Can we throw Lamichael James in the mix as KR. He has experience and should make for a good return man. Will get blasted a lot thought.

Not PR because its much harder to catch a punt.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Can we throw Lamichael James in the mix as KR. He has experience and should make for a good return man. Will get blasted a lot thought.

Not PR because its much harder to catch a punt.


Yea, basically where I put him in my post a page back. I think everyone expects him to be in the mix, but I do expect him to be the #2 KR and #3 PR (behind Ginn and Cox).
Ginn (KR/PR)
James (PR)
Cox (KR/PR)
Williams (KR) *I know you guys are still sour on #10 about the NFCCG, but the coaching staff is probably of a different mind. Williams will be given every opportunity to contribute to this team.
Originally posted by niners9:
I agree, Ginn may not make the final 53. James can do punts with cox as backup and Jenkins and Hunter can do KR. Ginn brings nothing to the offense except for an occasional reverse.

I disagree with Ginn not making the team. He's a top 5 returner. He will contribute this year and the team may let him walk.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 294
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I disagree with Ginn not making the team. He's a top 5 returner. He will contribute this year and the team may let him walk.

Agree with you. Ginn makes the team. He can sit as the emergency 6 receiver.Without him we probably don't even make playoffs last year. He gave us good consistent field position which was something we desperately needed. We may not like it but Ginn + Akers was where it was at. Special teams trumped our offense with their play.
Ginn




Everybody else.

Seriously, have we learnt nothing from last season and many other previous seasons. Dexter Carter, anyone? This is an important position and shouldn't be messed with. The fact that he contributes little or nothing to the O is irrelevant.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,242
rock c is a kick returner as well. we got depth on top of depth for that this year
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,327
Ginn

I think Hunter will still contribute as the KR

Cox and James will be developed as return specialists, not sure Cox makes team though, Im kinda rooting for Holcomb

I could also see Harbs going against popular opinion, and giving Williams a chance to redeem himself
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,242
Originally posted by cools:
Ginn

I think Hunter will still contribute as the KR

Cox and James will be developed as return specialists, not sure Cox makes team though, Im kinda rooting for Holcomb

I could also see Harbs going against popular opinion, and giving Williams a chance to redeem himself
can you imagine what that the zone will do,, even JH bath water drinkers the first time it is announced that,,, kyle williams was with the punt return team in practice today doing punt returns?
Originally posted by English:
Ginn




Everybody else.

Seriously, have we learnt nothing from last season and many other previous seasons. Dexter Carter, anyone? This is an important position and shouldn't be messed with. The fact that he contributes little or nothing to the O is irrelevant.


This
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by niners9:
I agree, Ginn may not make the final 53. James can do punts with cox as backup and Jenkins and Hunter can do KR. Ginn brings nothing to the offense except for an occasional reverse.

I disagree with Ginn not making the team. He's a top 5 returner. He will contribute this year and the team may let him walk.
i was reading and saw that James will not return punts this year, but maybe kicks. So Ginn makes the team. The reason why I thought he wouldnt is becase we have a lot of talent at the RB and WR positions, and he doesnt contribute much to the offense. but we do have several people who can return and play on O or D. so who knows what will happen.
We seem to have a lot of potential kick returners, but not a lot of punt returners. Who's going to be back there if Ginn gets hurt?
  • flow
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,394
I project Ginn as our main guy, then Cox.

Beyond that, I'm guessing we would see Moss, Crabtree, and a forfeiture of the game before we see K*le Williams ever again. I hope.