There are 180 users in the forums

Has Frank Gore *truly* lost a step?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Do we think gore can make it to 10,000 yards rushing?
You guys realize Seattle had the second ranked run D coming into the game, right?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
You guys realize Seattle had the second ranked run D coming into the game, right?

OL and the creative running schemes were critical last night! Huge props.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
am glad we have a bye for gore and his ribs to heal up. when we run we win, duh. i am sure that will someone will turn into a anti alex rant but that is what we do, it is our hill of beans. it is our hill and these are our beans
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Gotta give it up to my boy Franky G I thought he was done but the dude is all heart and plays with everything he has.
Anyone else notice after the injury gore was gasping and wincing on the sideline. No one seemed to notice then, rathman sent him back out. Gore didnt say anything, and went out and had a couple more great runs. The guy is unhuman.

Though i do think staff needs to recognize injurys like that right away, especially when they occur to our best player on offense. I knew right away Frank was bothered, Staff has to catch it quicker, cause gore will not mention it or take himself out.
Gore was very fast in college, but after multiple surgeries, lost that elite speed. Still fast enough though. Last night, he got hammered in the second quarter which explains why he seemed a bit slower than usual. Badly bruised ribs will do that to you. You could see him wincing after plays and my bro claimed he was just winded, but I argued that it looked like he was hurting. The warrior that he is, he continued and had a great game. It's going to be a sad day when we don't have Frank anymore!
Am I the only guy starting to believe that Gore is actually the most under-rated elite back in the league? It just feels like he doesn't get the real respect that he deserves. Dude's got nearly 900 yards and blocks like an Olineman. He was even calling the Kill/Let it Roll plays for Kaep at times....What doesn't he do?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Gore-ready-to-accept-more-active-role?blockID=805103&feedID=5936
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 22, 2012 at 3:35 PM ]
Ya, he lost a step in the speed category. But he gained three steps as an overall back.

The dude has amazing vision, is stalwart in pass pro, has spectacular patience and can run almost parallel to the ground.

In summation, Frank Gore is a god damn beast.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Am I the only guy starting to believe that Gore is actually the most under-rated elite back in the league? It just feels like he doesn't get the real respect that he deserves. Dude's got nearly 900 yards and blocks like an Olineman. He was even calling the Kill/Let it Roll plays for Kaep at times....What doesn't he do?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Gore-ready-to-accept-more-active-role?blockID=805103&feedID=5936

I think it's because Gore's not know for breaking 60+ yard TD runs like AP or Johnson. Instead, Gore constantly break 10 yd or 20 yd gains. The guy is a baller. I'd much rather have his consistency at running than what AP or Johnson can do. Gore has to have the best vision in the league. He finds holes when I see none. Also, he's always getting Yards after Contact. Even in the process of being tackled, he gets 2-3 yards extra.

The guy's soft spoken and I think underrated as well. Most people wouldn't put him as a top5 back, even some not even putting him in top10. I say he very well might be a top3 back.

He's #1 in my heart
He has lost a slight step, but he's playing at the top of his game tight now. His strength and body control is the best its ever been.
Frank is a baaaaaaaad man. Nobody is as fast as they were. But if you watch video of Frank at Miami. Holy
Christ, he was a beast.
Is it possible to lose a step from being so fast
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Gore has never relied on speed or quickness as part of his game, even early in his career he struggled to finish runs. So he's never been a "take it to the house" type back like Hearst was. That speed is what you lose with age...and so Gore still looks productive. But he did most of his damage between the tackles to 15 yards downfield....a grinding, punishing, type runner that's still productive now behind a strong run blocking OL.

All the credit in the world to him though..he's had his injury issues, but behind that line, he's been quietly having one of the best years of his career. He should be over a 1000 yds in the next couple of games, and is on pace to have the second best year of his career.
Share 49ersWebzone