LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Jason Slowey is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
He's probably happy just to be leaving Medford.

LOL yeah, Medford women have hooves!

Medford: Where the men are men, the women are men, and the cattle are nervous.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
sounds a bit like jeff garcia

not that theres anything wrong with that
looks a bit Slowey
Oh damn. That dude went to North Medford High School. That's where I graduated.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Harbaugh really sees something he likes...
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 28, 2012 at 5:04 PM ]
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Really like this pick. Might be my favorite of the non 1st/2nd rounds.
Originally posted by Lifer:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I know it is small school competition, but the dude is knocking the crap out of people.

They say for a small school guy to project to the NFL, he should be dominant at that level. Slowy was definitely dominating. He looked like a man among boys out there. Halfway through that video I was just laughing. The guy's a wrecking machine. Also love the fact that he really goes after people and never stops. Showed good athleticism too.

Just killing it! Talk about finishing blocks! I loved how he just blew it up, never stopped and was constantly getting to the 2nd level...even blocking with 1 arm and looking to block more with his head on a swivel. Just awesome. Harbaalke love OL with serious attitude and passion!
Great highlight reels of him destroying his competition!
Originally posted by miked1978:
Well he said he visited with the 49ers. He'll get his chance on the practice squad.

This for sure.
Just heads up, I'm the reporter who did both those stories on Slowey and I'm also a diehard 49er fan. I from San Jose, up here in Medford to work for the NBC affiliate. I tried to remain unbiased, but was rooting for the 49ers to pick him. In the high school video there is another famous athlete that he is tackling. I'll give hint, he is the "6 foot 9" QB in Blue and White, a color he would wear in college as well. Also if your looking for pro prospects from the Southern Oregon area, you will find a slew of them in every sport. Names like Jeremy Guthrie, Chad Cota, Sonny Sixkiller (la rams and from the movie Longest Yard, he plays "Indian:) heck throw in Kevin Towers (d-backs gm) and the mystery player from that video I was just talking about. This place is actually a hot bed for pitching talent. Besides Guthrie, there is about 4 pretty good minor league prospects from the area. For such a small area, I have to this place turns out good athletes. As far as Jason goes, he will probably take a year to learn the nuances of the center position, then be able to step in year 2 or 3, depending on how long Goodwin lasts. Just interesting that I read these forums all the time, then saw my video posted on one of them.

Man I actually really dig this pick. Dude is not only a beast, he's a dedicated beast. You can tell that he'll do nothing but concentrate on being the best he can. Great stuff.
Long lost brother?...

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Harbaugh's dream, rhyming O-line:

Staley - 'Pati - Slowey - Looney - AD

LOL.... this comment had me choking from laughter

Slowey.... man that name already has me setting myself up to make future jokes when/if he makes some mistakes.... lol
Originally posted by jcam82:
Just heads up, I'm the reporter who did both those stories on Slowey and I'm also a diehard 49er fan. I from San Jose, up here in Medford to work for the NBC affiliate. I tried to remain unbiased, but was rooting for the 49ers to pick him. In the high school video there is another famous athlete that he is tackling. I'll give hint, he is the "6 foot 9" QB in Blue and White, a color he would wear in college as well. Also if your looking for pro prospects from the Southern Oregon area, you will find a slew of them in every sport. Names like Jeremy Guthrie, Chad Cota, Sonny Sixkiller (la rams and from the movie Longest Yard, he plays "Indian:) heck throw in Kevin Towers (d-backs gm) and the mystery player from that video I was just talking about. This place is actually a hot bed for pitching talent. Besides Guthrie, there is about 4 pretty good minor league prospects from the area. For such a small area, I have to this place turns out good athletes. As far as Jason goes, he will probably take a year to learn the nuances of the center position, then be able to step in year 2 or 3, depending on how long Goodwin lasts. Just interesting that I read these forums all the time, then saw my video posted on one of them.

Welcome! Post a little bit more often in future. Always interested to hear from guys like you.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lifer:
They say for a small school guy to project to the NFL, he should be dominant at that level. Slowy was definitely dominating. He looked like a man among boys out there. Halfway through that video I was just laughing. The guy's a wrecking machine. Also love the fact that he really goes after people and never stops. Showed good athleticism too.

Yeah, I agree. People can talk about practice squad material but like you said he was definitely dominating...doing everything right to make a team somewhere. You see him pancaking guys at the 2nd level? And just tossing defenders to the side at the line at times? I really like this guy too. Great value for this round. People shouldn't forget we got RJF in the 7th=]
Share 49ersWebzone