LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 428 users in the forums

Darius Fleming is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
According to Cam Inman, it sounds like he pulled his hamstring in the Friday morning session, then during walkthroughs of the afternoon session he tore his ACL, which would be a relatively simple drill. Sounds like one of those freak injuries, which is too bad
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
All reports I read said he had pulled a hamstring. Or is this a new injury?

The hamstring injury was falsely reported and the MRI showed the ACL tear.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

I take it you didnt click the link

double lol
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

I take it you didnt click the link
no....just did though. I don't know how you can be mistaken about tearing your acl. I would think it's kinda something you would notice right away.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sfout:
Torn ACL hopefully he doesn't pull a Dontavia Bogan and leave the Bay Area. I'd love to see him on the team in 2013.

All aboard the Cam Johnson as 4th OLB Freight Train! Also signing that OLB Baktari from USD looks like one hell of a move now lol.

thats probably why they signed him.
Originally posted by THEMerts80:

Sounds like two different incidents, actually. The hamstring pull was in the Friday morning sessions, while the ACL tear happened during a walkthrough on the Friday afternoon session.
Looks like Baalke failed and drafted a dud
Originally posted by captveg:

Sounds like two different incidents, actually. The hamstring pull was in the Friday morning sessions, while the ACL tear happened during a walkthrough on the Friday afternoon session.

In the article it states, "Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that Fleming tore his ACL during his first rookie minicamp practice." I am assuming that is the morning session?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sfout:
Torn ACL hopefully he doesn't pull a Dontavia Bogan and leave the Bay Area. I'd love to see him on the team in 2013.

All aboard the Cam Johnson as 4th OLB Freight Train! Also signing that OLB Baktari from USD looks like one hell of a move now lol.

thats probably why they signed him.

awe didn't see that it happened on Day 1 thought it happened later but yea that makes perfect sense now. Hopefully it was a full tear, I'm worried that since it was originally reported as a pulled hammy it might only be a partial tear and partial tears tend to be re-injured more easily then full tears.

Hope he gets healthy real quick.
[ Edited by sfout on May 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM ]
B U S T !!!!!!

this is from Flemings twitter an hour ago

Darius Fleming ‏ @dflem45 No such thing as a bad day when you wake doing what you love every morning. #blessed
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I'm not gonna say its good that he got injured but that makes it a little easier to hang on to him without having him on the 53. Haralson definitely makes it now.

Yep, this injury has big implications. It means we must keep Haralson... and it is unlikely Haralson takes a pay cut cause he knows we have nobody else. We will probably have to cut a vet to make cap room for Haralson.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:

In the article it states, "Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that Fleming tore his ACL during his first rookie minicamp practice." I am assuming that is the morning session?

Also the likelihood of the training staff letting him continue practicing after pulling a hammy that quickly would look really terrible. I highly doubt he had 2 separate injuries. More then likely it happened in the morning.
Good thing he signed his contract yesterday.
Happens, there was a smattering of injuries around the league. Jason Peters re-tore his Achilles and Da'Quan Bowers had a similar injury.
Share 49ersWebzone