LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Darius Fleming is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does he have a chance to work out as free agent with us? Or are we just saying goodbye?
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
2000 started okay; Peterson turned out to be a really good player, and the following three ended up starting. But taking Giovanni Carmazzi in the third round is the worst QB we have ever drafted, relative to his draft position.

Jim Druckenmiller
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
49ers bombed the 1982 draft, the 1992 draft, the 2002 draft, and the 2012 draft. If the year ends in 2, its going to be a bad draft.

I agree. Just trade down and get all 7th rounders. That would probably be better than drafting anybody at all during those years.
It's a shame we never got to see Fleming on the field here. I hope the kid hooks on somewhere.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It's a shame we never got to see Fleming on the field here. I hope the kid hooks on somewhere.

I hope the strength and conditioning coaches put him and crabs as poster boys for adequately warming up and stretching and doing the things they need to do *in practice* to prevent themselves from getting needless catastrophic injuries outside of an actual regular NFL game. We got a lot of ACL guys that are recovering. Kyle Williams - in KC - reinjures the same ACL probably by pushing himself too hard. I hope the medical docs and the strength and conditioning coaches are being conservative with guys like Lattimore and Carradine. Hate to lose *any* of them to non-contact injuries.
Originally posted by swayze:
2000 started okay; Peterson turned out to be a really good player, and the following three ended up starting. But taking Giovanni Carmazzi in the third round is the worst QB we have ever drafted, relative to his draft position.

Jim Druckenmiller

This x 100000
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by swayze:

Jim Druckenmiller

This x 100000

Touche. Drunkenmiller was an awful choice
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/16/patriots-sign-darius-fleming-four-draft-picks/#comment-3367812

The Patriots signed him for a look-see. Good for him.

And with that, we should probably move this thread to the NFL section, Mods?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/16/patriots-sign-darius-fleming-four-draft-picks/#comment-3367812

The Patriots signed him for a look-see. Good for him.

I wish him well. He sure has had a VERY tough time.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:

And with that, we should probably move this thread to the NFL section, Mods?

and change that title to ...is a patriot
Yay! Hope things work out for him.
So glad he got picked up by the Patriots. Regardless if he makes the team or not, just having another opportunity is big.
was*
Share 49ersWebzone