There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Draft

What do you think the plan is for the stock pile of picks we are getting for next year?

Only thing that makes any sense right now is that we are going to be giving a few away for somone...but who?
At the very least it allows us leverage to trade up from 32nd in each rd.
We have 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7

Ammo to move up
For Marcus Lattimore (or maybe David Amerson?)
Originally posted by Gore_21:
We have 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7

Ammo to move up

I was kinda hoping we would trade our 5th for a 7th and 2013 4th, would of been hilarious. But I'm good with Fleming.
got trade bait to make moves next year. it made sense, we really dont have too many holes to fill this year. defense is stacked, WR and RB is stacked now, TE has a probowler and capable backup, our QB is there and we have capable backups, our Oline is good and they got some more depth. next year we'll just be drafting the frosting on the cake or a replacement for an unexpected loss. possibly saving picks to grab a top safety next year if we cant resign goldson
Originally posted by captveg:
At the very least it allows us leverage to trade up from 32nd in each rd.

This!
--------->http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/
My opinion....

2013 we may lose Moss, Jacobs, Cartright, Ginn, etc so they will have more roster openings. With 11 picks the Niners are loaded with options!
i def think they are planning to save up picks to move up. but yeah...who...ummm, way too early to tell. I think it'd be a FS just in case Goldson plays hardballl or his play drops off again.
[ Edited by Sinsation on Apr 28, 2012 at 6:26 PM ]
Originally posted by genz22:
My opinion....

2013 we may lose Moss, Jacobs, Cartright, Ginn, etc so they will have more roster openings. With 11 picks the Niners are loaded with options!

Yeah as of now our FAs in 2013 offseason are.

RB Brandon Jacobs
RB Rock Cartwright
WR Randy Moss
WR Ted Ginn Jr.
TE Delanie Walker
NT Isaac Sopoaga
NT Ricky Jean Francois
ILB Larry Grant
ILB Tavares Gooden
CB Tramaine Brock(RFA)
FS Dashon Goldson(If not extended)
P Andy Lee

All should make the roster, for sure Goldson, Gooden, Grant, Lee, Walker, Sopoaga, RJF and Ginn should. Moss and Jacobs aren't guaranteed. Rock should but you never know.

So priority would be Andy Lee, Dashon Goldson, Delanie Walker and Isaac Sopoaga, I think we could let RJF go and replace him easily.

Moss and Jacobs I doubt come back even if on 2012 roster. Brock i could care less, may not make opening day roster. Grant probably leaves for more money and starting spot if he can find one, and Gooden would be back on vet minimum deal, that would have a discount for us.

We have 9 players who are scheduled to make $480K in 2013 who probably wont make the roster this year, they are, LB Michael Wiilhoite, OT Kenny Wiggins, TE Konrad Reuland, OT Derek Hall, OG Garrett Chisolm, CB Cory Nelms, LS Kyle Nelson, S Mark LeGree and WR Joe Hastings, which clears $4.8M in cap room, plus Tolzien would clear $555K, while we would clear $630K for both Dixon and K.Williams.

Also for 2012 we have a few guys who likely wont make it, or need a paycut to stay. One is Haralson, makes too much at 2.45M, then Ryan Pontbriand is likely cut.

Right now with the draftees and players currently on roster before draft started we have 71 players committed, add in the rumored 6, and I think maybe 2 more Stanford guys gives us 79 off the 90 roster spots filled for Camp, leaving us 11 spots to fill.
trade up for marquess wilson or keenen allen