There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

With the addition of LMJ, will Ted Ginn get cut?

With the addition of LMJ, will Ted Ginn get cut?

NO

watch the press conference with jim harbaugh, there's your answer
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by okdkid:
No. Ginn is one of the best returners in the NFL.

The others are not even close to his caliber. Maybe someday.

This. No idea why some posters are so keen to see the back of Ginn.

Couldn't agree more, especially with Harbaugh specifically noting that James needs to improve his hands before he's ready to take on return duties. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/27/SPK01OA9NV.DTL

I generally don't like munchkins doing return duty it gets me thinking about Disaster Carter.

That said, I'm eager to see how James pans out.
O hey another Nick Bradley thread.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I feel like a broken record when it comes to Ginn

Its possible, but its not probable, no one on this board will admit but Ginn is far from safe. We were going to let him walk and only brought him back on the 1 year deal. Yes he is an "elite" return man but if James, Jenkins, Cox, or possibly anyone else we might add puts Ginn to shame this summer I wouldnt be surprised if we cut him. All he does it return kicks, he is too inconsistent on offense and a liability at that.

I'm really excited about the competition that is going to unfold in camp.
I could see it, in fact that was my first thought with this pick!

My second was Bye-Bye Kyle Williams.
[ Edited by D_Niner on Apr 28, 2012 at 7:34 AM ]
LMJ will take offensive snaps from Ginn, he will be a slot receiver, he might back up Ginn at KR. Ginn just lost leverage for his next contract, and lost his dream of being an every down WR in the NFL, now he may be losing his occasional gadget play snaps...
Worst. Threads. Ever.
No. Ginn stays. Dixon most likely will be gone
⊗ nickbradley is cut
No way. But we may not cut any wr's.
That pos KW is gone.
no, kyle williams and anthony dixon will be cut
It's all about competition. With Jenkins and Moss on the team, we don't need Ginn to stretch the D anymore as a fourth WR, and if James can show talent in the return game, like he did in college, then there would be no need for Ginn... he would be taking up too much room on a packed roster as a 1 dimensional player.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
It's all about competition. With Jenkins and Moss on the team, we don't need Ginn to stretch the D anymore as a fourth WR, and if James can show talent in the return game, like he did in college, then there would be no need for Ginn... he would be taking up too much room on a packed roster as a 1 dimensional player.

That one dimension is pretty important.
It would be a huge gamble to think James could just come in and fill Ginns shoes. Maybe next year.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home