LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 365 users in the forums

could niners be looking to move kendell hunter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for YouGotGored.
Originally posted by Ether:
Kendall Hunter is to Frank Gore as Frank Gore was to Kevan Barlow.

How can you compare Gore to Barlow? I don't care where they are in their careers. Barlow had 1/2 a good season. Gore is arguably the best RB to ever wear a 49ers jersey.

Edit: I want to note that I understand you are not directly comparing the two, but merely suggesting that Hunter is replacing Gore like Gore replaced Barlow. I am just saying that Gore never supplanted Barlow since Barlow never had solidified himself as "our guy." Gore, on the other hand, goes down as one of the 49er greats.
[ Edited by YouGotGored on Apr 28, 2012 at 6:07 PM ]
How has this made 3 pages
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by Ether:
Kendall Hunter is to Frank Gore as Frank Gore was to Kevan Barlow.

How can you compare Gore to Barlow? I don't care where they are in their careers. Barlow had 1/2 a good season. Gore is arguably the best RB to ever wear a 49ers jersey.

Edit: I want to note that I understand you are not directly comparing the two, but merely suggesting that Hunter is replacing Gore like Gore replaced Barlow. I am just saying that Gore never supplanted Barlow since Barlow never had solidified himself as "our guy." Gore, on the other hand, goes down as one of the 49er greats.

Also, Gore displaced Barlow at the beginning of his rookie season because he was so impressive. Hunter hasn't displaced anyone.
Hunter stays Dixon leaves.
Hunter isnt goin anywhere! our RB stable is just a lot faster now with another speedster added. the future will be Hunter and James!!!
imagine having a small running back who was quick and had great vision...one who could hide behind the oline till it was too late to spot him....with always a chance at getting a big play with every touch.....now usually this type of rb would not be durable, or at least you would not want to put him out there every play.....well what if you had two of them.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
imagine having a small running back who was quick and had great vision...one who could hide behind the oline till it was too late to spot him....with always a chance at getting a big play with every touch.....now usually this type of rb would not be durable, or at least you would not want to put him out there every play.....well what if you had two of them.

as well as an old silverback like Gore whos also small, quick, elusive and can hit like a linebacker and then a big ogre like brandon jacobs to soften the line up before the little guys cut them to pieces. this offense is about to get crazy!!!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

as well as an old silverback like Gore whos also small, quick, elusive and can hit like a linebacker and then a big ogre like brandon jacobs to soften the line up before the little guys cut them to pieces. this offense is about to get crazy!!!

there were formations we ran early in the season where we had 2rbs and a fb in the backfield...we did some nice misdirection plays with them, but for some reason didnt bring them back for the playoffs.......also looking forward to having jenkins/ginn/ or james running that quick end around we did with ginn most of the season..........but i still disagree with everyone on the webzone about jacobs over dixon.
The good news about small, agile, fast RBs is that they can create in space, so they are a big play threat every time they touch the ball.
The bad news is that they aren't as durable as a bigger, bell cow back, like Frank Gore.
With Hunter and James, we double our chances of hitting home runs in the running game, and in the short passing game, over an entire season.
Kendell Hunter -- Yes

Kendall Hunter -- No

// Close Thread

• dj43
Harbaugh will run sprints when TC opens. Slowest man gets cut.

If we learned nothing else from this draft it should be that Harbaugh will not go through another season with an offense that lacks speed AND skill enough to cause defenses to lose sleep preparing.

My summary: this will be Gore's last season and will likely see very little work as the season draws to a close. Jacobs will handle the dirty work/short yardage and maybe a few other spot situations. Hunter will emerge as the starter by week 10 or before. James will see the ball 4-6 times/game from the start. Cartright is ST. I like Hampton as a PS member.
Webzone is awesome
Who needs 2 playmakers?
Originally posted by dj43:
Harbaugh will run sprints when TC opens. Slowest man gets cut.

If we learned nothing else from this draft it should be that Harbaugh will not go through another season with an offense that lacks speed AND skill enough to cause defenses to lose sleep preparing.

My summary: this will be Gore's last season and will likely see very little work as the season draws to a close. Jacobs will handle the dirty work/short yardage and maybe a few other spot situations. Hunter will emerge as the starter by week 10 or before. James will see the ball 4-6 times/game from the start. Cartright is ST. I like Hampton as a PS member.
I don't know if this is Gore's last year or not, but I would highly doubt that unless there is an injury that we would change out our starting RB just as the race for playoff spots start heating up.
Like the great Dule Ellington song, "Takin' the A Train" - Dixon will be on it headed to points unknown
Share 49ersWebzone