LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

could niners be looking to move kendell hunter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
dont see how he and james arent redundent
no no no no no
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Who cares. Why can't we have two explosive, elusive players at RB? We have one of the most creative minds in the NFL. They will find a way to make them both look like stars.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Hunter is a compact running back. Although he doesn't weigh 215 pounds, he's 2-4 inches shorter than those backs which makes up for his "slight" stature at 200 pounds. I think the James pick says Hunter is the future #1 in a committee with James getting plenty of touches as well. I'd rather have two explosive backs to split carries in the future than one great back like Gore and crappy backups like Michael Robinson or Anthony Dixon who cause a huge drop when the #1 goes down.
No. Hunter will be the starter before he will be moved. He isaint going anywhere.
NO
Absolutely not.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
REALLY!??!??!!?

Good lord Kendall Hunter is almost identical to MJD and Ray Rice in size, he is the future "#1" RB of this team and James is the ultimate utility man.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Kendall Hunter is to Frank Gore as Frank Gore was to Kevan Barlow.
Anthony Davis will be released. Hunter is to promising to release. Man I am getting excited about our RB depth

Gore
Hunter
Jacobs
James

Bad azz

Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Anthony Davis will be released. Hunter is to promising to release. Man I am getting excited about our RB depth

Gore
Hunter
Jacobs
James

Bad azz

You mean Dixon.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
REALLY!??!??!!?

Good lord Kendall Hunter is almost identical to MJD and Ray Rice in size, he is the future "#1" RB of this team and James is the ultimate utility man.
This^

Originally posted by DVDA:
Hunter is a compact running back. Although he doesn't weigh 215 pounds, he's 2-4 inches shorter than those backs which makes up for his "slight" stature at 200 pounds. I think the James pick says Hunter is the future #1 in a committee with James getting plenty of touches as well. I'd rather have two explosive backs to split carries in the future than one great back like Gore and crappy backups like Michael Robinson or Anthony Dixon who cause a huge drop when the #1 goes down.

and this^
The 49ers don't view Kendall Hunter as a change of pace back. They think he has the tools to be a legitimate 3-down back. Baalke said it in a press conference after they drafted him. Kendall Hunter is the future #1 back after Frank is done. LaMichael is the change-of-pace back.
I think we keep both. I'm just not sure what we will do with all these small RB's. A young medium sized RB with speed would be good at some point.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The 49ers don't view Kendall Hunter as a change of pace back. They think he has the tools to be a legitimate 3-down back. Baalke said it in a press conference after they drafted him. Kendall Hunter is the future #1 back after Frank is done. LaMichael is the change-of-pace back.

This. Hunter is even a great underrated blocker.
Share 49ersWebzone