LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
We talk about something all the time on one of the teams I serve on. It's for a church, but the principle still applies. We had too many people on our staff that had a say, or that had some kind of authority...it made our meetings extremely difficult because we could never get anything done. Too many voices, too many people wanting a piece of the pie.

Right now, I think a problem is we have too many talented people that play the same role instead of people who have different strengths. James is better than kendall hunter, hes faster, quicker but I think hunter has had more opportunites. When lattimore is good to go next year, we will have an embarrassment of riches at running back. Someone will have to go..it will be absolutely destruction to keep all those guys when you can't keep them all happy...Keep Gore, Lattimore, and one of the other backs. I say keep james, and trade hunter and dixon...fill theirs spots with specialized return guy or something else.

James definately showed explosion and quickness last night neither of the other guys. have.

James better than Hunter?
Absolutely not.

James has been a disappointment.
This speed? Really hasn't shown it much.

Hunter is better than James in Greg Roman's offense.
Fair enough.
For the position they play, RB, Hunter is better IMO, regardless of scheme.

In open space, James may be more of a home run threat.
Running the ball, Hunter is the better back.
That about sums it up.
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
We talk about something all the time on one of the teams I serve on. It's for a church, but the principle still applies. We had too many people on our staff that had a say, or that had some kind of authority...it made our meetings extremely difficult because we could never get anything done. Too many voices, too many people wanting a piece of the pie.

Right now, I think a problem is we have too many talented people that play the same role instead of people who have different strengths. James is better than kendall hunter, hes faster, quicker but I think hunter has had more opportunites. When lattimore is good to go next year, we will have an embarrassment of riches at running back. Someone will have to go..it will be absolutely destruction to keep all those guys when you can't keep them all happy...Keep Gore, Lattimore, and one of the other backs. I say keep james, and trade hunter and dixon...fill theirs spots with specialized return guy or something else.

James definately showed explosion and quickness last night neither of the other guys. have.

Absolutely not.

Fair enough.

That about sums it up.

But, if Hunter gets the ball in open space, I don't see him getting caught, either.
Whomever is better, I would like to see Frank Gore spelled more often. Keep him fresher for the duration of the season.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Whomever is better, I would like to see Frank Gore spelled more often. Keep him fresher for the duration of the season.

Just not at the goal line. Boobie Dixon is hurting my fantasy football stats with Gore.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Just not at the goal line. Boobie Dixon is hurting my fantasy football stats with Gore.
1. thanks to retard roman in the first three games, gore should be fresh for the rest of the year as he hardly had any work. oh and hunter is the better overall running back and is more of a fixture long term with our team as compared to james in my opinion
2.beach is funny. I will say every time i see dixon get short yardage we need or the score on short yardage close to the end zone,, i just get very angry about why roman never gave him a chance in the super bowl
Originally posted by cjsmoove:

Absolutely not.

Fair enough.

That about sums it up.

But, if Hunter gets the ball in open space, I don't see him getting caught, either.

We all see it...but Harbalke doesn't
James needs to be a better blocker, but I thought he looked pretty quick Sunday night. The more touches he gets the better he gets, it seems he's about to break out, give him time.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
James needs to be a better blocker, but I thought he looked pretty quick Sunday night. The more touches he gets the better he gets, it seems he's about to break out, give him time.

could be the big reason why he sees little time. gore and hunter do the little things, blocking is a big thing , than james.... now that being said he should be doing kickoffs and not sure why roman does not use him in a clever little way during a game but then i gave up trying to figure out roman a long time ago

This^
He looked really quick yesterday. I hope they start using him more as a receiver out of the backfield. He is a good change of pace.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Hunter is a better back in every way than James. Vision, patience, pass blocking, explosiveness, shiftiness, ball security. LMJ is completely redundant so long as Hunter is healthy because he fills the same role as just a lesser version.

Originally posted by Wrathman:

This^
He looked really quick yesterday. I hope they start using him more as a receiver out of the backfield. He is a good change of pace.

I know it's been repeated ad nauseum by those of us who really like LMJ, but maybe, juuuust maybe, Greg Roman will eventually call plays that get the ball to James in space, e.g. screens, swing passes, slot(?), etc...a'la what SD/NO do with Woodhead and Sproles. Just one example was Sproles on a 3rd & 2 where he was lined up in the backfield...right at the snap he's full speed past the LOS, LB can't pick him up fast enough, and almost instantly Brees hits him in stride about 5 yds downfield, ends up 20-yd gain and 1st down. LMJ can do that.

James did look quick last night, on those stretch runs off tackle, once he took the handoff he was hitting the corner extremely fast...I think his knee is 100% now, time to use him and give him the ball where he has the best opportunity to do damage.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
James has some quicks to him.
  • Ether
  • Veteran

Absolutely not.

LaMichael James is a poor man's Kendall Hunter.
Originally posted by Disp:
Hunter is a better back in every way than James.

But James is the one with his own line of sweatproof earphones. They're pretty magical. And guaranteed to not fall out when exercising!
Originally posted by mayo49:
James has some quicks to him.

And sensitive feels...
Share 49ersWebzone