LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Get this dude the f**king ball. With a team lacking explosiveness at the play-making positions, you'd think we'd try to find ways to get him some touches.

Why he cant do jack sh*t when he dose get a touches ...He looks like Reggie Bush when he first came in thinking his speed will get him to tha next level ...Im sick of him already i see a wasted 2nd round pick.....

Oh GTFO he's touched the ball literally six times this year.

N he aint done sh*t with none of them .....

He averaged 8 yards a carry tonight AND averaged 4.6 yards per carry last year during his rookie season without getting calls played for him that utilize his special abilities.

And if you're going to judge a player on 6 touches in a season, then I don't even know what to tell you.
Get this dude the f**king ball. With a team lacking explosiveness at the play-making positions, you'd think we'd try to find ways to get him some touches.

Why he cant do jack sh*t when he dose get a touches ...He looks like Reggie Bush when he first came in thinking his speed will get him to tha next level ...Im sick of him already i see a wasted 2nd round pick.....

He averaged 8 yards a carry tonight AND averaged 4.6 yards per carry last year during his rookie season without getting calls played for him that utilize his special abilities.

And if you're going to judge a player on 6 touches in a season, then I don't even know what to tell you.

Ever player gets judged by everyone N thats my judgement .....
I think it's our coaches not utilizing James and a bunch of our other players more than it's James himself. If we got our pick back (2nd) or brought us in a good cheap young DL or WR (maybe add in a pick) I'd think about it but don't see that happening. His value is low right now I'm sure. Not worth trading. I'd rather have our coaches figure out how to start using James (and others) instead of giving him away. So when I say trade I don't mean dump him for a 6th or 7th I mean unless we get good value not worth it.

Ever player gets judged by everyone N thats my judgement .....

Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think it's our coaches not utilizing James and a bunch of our other players more than it's James himself. If we got our pick back (2nd) or brought us in a good cheap young DL or WR (maybe add in a pick) I'd think about it but don't see that happening. His value is low right now I'm sure. Not worth trading. I'd rather have our coaches figure out how to start using James (and others) instead of giving him away. So when I say trade I don't mean dump him for a 6th or 7th I mean unless we get good value not worth it.

I don't understand people's fixation with trading for players... it rarely happens in the offseason, and almost never happens during the regular season. When's the last time we saw a trade like the Colts-Browns deal happen during the season? It's too difficult to trade for players during the season because it takes an entire offseason—and sometimes even longer—to learn and understand the playbook/schemes. And depending on position, like getting another WR, they'd have to gain some sort of chemistry with a QB, which takes time.

We aren't trading anyone, and we aren't trading for anyone either.
We need to start using LaMike like the Bengals use Giovani Bernard. Hand the ball off to him, run a few screens a game, split him out wide, etc. He's such a weapon for them, and there's nothing that he can't do that James can't.
I don't understand people's fixation with trading for players... it rarely happens in the offseason, and almost never happens during the regular season. When's the last time we saw a trade like the Colts-Browns deal happen during the season? It's too difficult to trade for players during the season because it takes an entire offseason—and sometimes even longer—to learn and understand the playbook/schemes. And depending on position, like getting another WR, they'd have to gain some sort of chemistry with a QB, which takes time.

We aren't trading anyone, and we aren't trading for anyone either.

You don't have to tell me I know how rare they are. This year has been a fluke. I know this isn't the NBA. They rarely happen and it's really hard to find someone now to trade with where the money makes sense and both teams are happy. I said I don't see him being traded. That being said they could put it out there and see what they get offered but I'm sure the value won't be there draft pick wise and player wise as well. I think he's worth more than we would get so I see him staying. Also, one problem with putting him out there is the media is so quick on that and once a player is rumored to have been shopped it never ends well. Usually means it's over because hard to mend the relationship. I'd rather that Roman learn how to use our players better.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Strong Oregon Duck homer is strong.

Admit it brah.

Jacquizz Rodgers > LaMichael James u mudd? yeh u mudd
2nd round pick that gets only garbage time carries....waste
Originally posted by jreff22:
2nd round pick that gets only garbage time carries....waste

Not the fault of LMJ. But this whole offense is out of whack.

We talk about something all the time on one of the teams I serve on. It's for a church, but the principle still applies. We had too many people on our staff that had a say, or that had some kind of authority...it made our meetings extremely difficult because we could never get anything done. Too many voices, too many people wanting a piece of the pie.

Right now, I think a problem is we have too many talented people that play the same role instead of people who have different strengths. James is better than kendall hunter, hes faster, quicker but I think hunter has had more opportunites. When lattimore is good to go next year, we will have an embarrassment of riches at running back. Someone will have to go..it will be absolutely destruction to keep all those guys when you can't keep them all happy...Keep Gore, Lattimore, and one of the other backs. I say keep james, and trade hunter and dixon...fill theirs spots with specialized return guy or something else.

James definately showed explosion and quickness last night neither of the other guys. have.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
We talk about something all the time on one of the teams I serve on. It's for a church, but the principle still applies. We had too many people on our staff that had a say, or that had some kind of authority...it made our meetings extremely difficult because we could never get anything done. Too many voices, too many people wanting a piece of the pie.

Right now, I think a problem is we have too many talented people that play the same role instead of people who have different strengths. James is better than kendall hunter, hes faster, quicker but I think hunter has had more opportunites. When lattimore is good to go next year, we will have an embarrassment of riches at running back. Someone will have to go..it will be absolutely destruction to keep all those guys when you can't keep them all happy...Keep Gore, Lattimore, and one of the other backs. I say keep james, and trade hunter and dixon...fill theirs spots with specialized return guy or something else.

James definately showed explosion and quickness last night neither of the other guys. have.

I see the game a bit differently. It looks to me like Hunter has the most explosion and hits the hole extremely fast. He also doesn't fumble. I'd rather see more KH than more LMJ.

James better than Hunter?
Absolutely not.

James has been a disappointment.
This speed? Really hasn't shown it much.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Absolutely not.

Hunter is better than James in Greg Roman's offense.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Absolutely not.

Hunter is better than James in Greg Roman's offense.
Fair enough.
For the position they play, RB, Hunter is better IMO, regardless of scheme.

In open space, James may be more of a home run threat.
Running the ball, Hunter is the better back.
Share 49ersWebzone