There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
So you're your saying a players personality doesn't have any impact as to whether or not you like them? The way a player acts and presents himself has a lot of impact on his fan base. Willis is ever bit as good as Ray Lewis was, but because he's quite and not "inspirational" he doesn't have nearly the fan base or recognition. I find it weird that someone's personality doesn't move you one way or another. Dixon's can do work ethic and desire has won me over. Its not that he's so great, although he's greatly improved.

Patrick Willis also never committed murder. Surely that should be a positive check in this personality rating system of yours.

Check out Patrick's life on YouTube. I'm always leery of people that talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Ray Lewis was a good football player but his behavior has put him in situations that contradict the image he portrays. Patrick is inspirational and he doesn't have to tell you about it all he time. He is one of the greatest 49ers and his best playing days are ahead.

Ray Lewis is a fictional charachter he made up and continuities to play. Inside, he's a filthy scumbag piece of s**t.
Why the f**k was he playing anyways? A rb who's a lock shouldn't be playing in the last preseason game
Niners should put him on IR and use Jewel till he can go. Remember; "The Niners can do anything they want to."
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
I definitely think Dixon earned more carries.

I didn't like James from the moment we drafted him. Something about his personality rubbed me the wrong way. He seemed cocky and not really that excited to be a Niner. It was just the subtle things in his interviews that bothered me. I'm not glad he's hurt, but it wouldn't bother me if we traded him tomorrow.

I never understood the complaints about his personality. Only in ninertalk, I guess.
Some I'm not the only guy you've heard that from.

I heard someone mention it around the time he was drafted, but for all I know you could be the same fool. And don't go talking about how you know his "personality" cause you've never interacted with him and all you've seen is how he chooses to present himself through a camera. I've heard nothing but good things about him, and I've seen him stop and talk to strangers on campus and take pics with him all the time. There have been nothing bad said about his personality from anyone with any credibility. You can say he's cocky, but that's a completely different story.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Can this 2012 draft class get anymore disastrous?? Not One, NOT ONE SINGLE contributor???????

LaMichael James is a contributor that stepped up big time when Kendall Hunter went down. Granted you want more out of your 2nd round pick than being a 3rd running back/kick returner, but I think that's more of a function of the talent of the two guys in front of him than a knock on James. I think he'd be the second back on a few teams.

I think that Jon Baldwin guy we drafted (lol) may be able to contribute as well. But yes, it does looks like 2012 is the back-up/team depth draft.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 19,418
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

LaMichael James (knee) is moving without crutches or a limp but is not expected to play Sunday vs. Green Bay.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

LaMichael James (knee) is moving without crutches or a limp but is not expected to play Sunday vs. Green Bay.

Dat Deer Antler spray doe
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Dat Deer Antler spray doe

I heard if you rub it on your junk you have a faster recovery time
Tonight James tweeted how people who said Chip Kellys offense wouldn't work in the NFL were "haters." He also said that Chip is running the exact same O he ran at Oregon. That got me thinking. If Lattimore proves to be legit and we already have Hunter, do you guys think we could trade James to the Eagles for a decent pick? James knows the offense and is built for it so he might be a good 1 two punch with Shady. Meanwhile we could grab an extra 4th.
Originally posted by ThePBM:
Tonight James tweeted how people who said Chip Kellys offense wouldn't work in the NFL were "haters." He also said that Chip is running the exact same O he ran at Oregon. That got me thinking. If Lattimore proves to be legit and we already have Hunter, do you guys think we could trade James to the Eagles for a decent pick? James knows the offense and is built for it so he might be a good 1 two punch with Shady. Meanwhile we could grab an extra 4th.

Hunter's deal is up after '14 and Gore will be gone. James isn't worth anything until he can prove to be productive and healthy.
LMJ was drafted way too high. He had 4th rounder written all over him. I still cannot believe Not ONE Contributuion from the 2012 draft LOL what a dud.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Can this 2012 draft class get anymore disastrous?? Not One, NOT ONE SINGLE contributor???????

LaMichael James is a contributor that stepped up big time when Kendall Hunter went down. Granted you want more out of your 2nd round pick than being a 3rd running back/kick returner, but I think that's more of a function of the talent of the two guys in front of him than a knock on James. I think he'd be the second back on a few teams.

I think that Jon Baldwin guy we drafted (lol) may be able to contribute as well. But yes, it does looks like 2012 is the back-up/team depth draft.

nothing wrong with having great depth. james can play but hunter and gore are excellent at what they do, hunters gotta find his nitch some other way, im surprised they dont split him out wide or run sweeps with him more
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Can this 2012 draft class get anymore disastrous?? Not One, NOT ONE SINGLE contributor???????

LaMichael James is a contributor that stepped up big time when Kendall Hunter went down. Granted you want more out of your 2nd round pick than being a 3rd running back/kick returner, but I think that's more of a function of the talent of the two guys in front of him than a knock on James. I think he'd be the second back on a few teams.

I think that Jon Baldwin guy we drafted (lol) may be able to contribute as well. But yes, it does looks like 2012 is the back-up/team depth draft.

nothing wrong with having great depth. james can play but hunter and gore are excellent at what they do, hunters gotta find his nitch some other way, im surprised they dont split him out wide or run sweeps with him more

I have no problem with great depth. However, for example if we had a rash of injuries, who would you feel more comfortable with, the remaining backups from 2012 or the rookie class of 2013? It just seems that these guys have starter capability whereas with the 2012 draft, all you really saw was backups, minus the AJ Jenkins and Joe Looney picks.
Can we trade him to the Eagles? Not that he's a terrible RB but we really don't need him.