There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Out for 3 weeks
Damn... well maybe that will help get one of our promising receivers on the 53 for a look?
Even at 3 weeks 21 days we don't play for 9 days, add in 7 until week 2 that's 16 days until we play Seattle. Best case he misses 1 game, worst case 3 games. I'd say 2 is likely since we don't play the Colts for 23 days.
hope he comes back fast
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Even at 3 weeks 21 days we don't play for 9 days, add in 7 until week 2 that's 16 days until we play Seattle. Best case he misses 1 game, worst case 3 games. I'd say 2 is likely since we don't play the Colts for 23 days.

If it's a just a sprain. Usually a sprain means there is a slight tear in it and it needs time to heal up. That could take a month+. That said, I hope Jewel Hampton now makes the 53 and adds extra value behind Gore and frees up Hunter. He can also add value on ST coverage units. The dude has flat out earned it.
The degree of the sprain will determine how long he's out. The worst MCL sprains usually mean 8-10 weeks. Lower grade sprains can be 3-5 weeks.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

If it's a just a sprain. Usually a sprain means there is a slight tear in it and it needs time to heal up. That could take a month+. That said, I hope Jewel Hampton now makes the 53 and adds extra value behind Gore and frees up Hunter. He can also add value on ST coverage units. The dude has flat out earned it.
Even if he did make it he would be inactive.
Originally posted by jreff22:

If James would be active, wouldn't Hampton? So Gore, Hunte and Hampton.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jreff22:

If James would be active, wouldn't Hampton? So Gore, Hunte and Hampton.

You are forgetting about Dixon.

Gore, Hunter, Dixon, Miller.
James contribution has not only been as a "you don't know when its going to happen" big play nightmare defenses have to keep their eye on, but the Niners move him around a little which distracts the defense.

They use him in certain roles and you have to account for him, and that opens up opportunities elsewhere and at times for him.

Hampton is more like Gore and looks really good but with more a preference for the outside.

The return of Hunter might make up for the loss of LMJ in terms of bounce it out and fly while adding a bit more inside ability.

LMJ is a fun thing to have but I'm not getting too worked up about his loss for a few games.
poor little guy. I had high hopes for him.
Dixon would be the #3 RB with James out and unless we keep 5 RBs we would have to put James on PUP (out 6 weeks at least) if we wanted Hampton to be on the roster. Like I said Dixon will be the #3 and James will be inactive each game. No sense in putting him on pup (out 6 weeks) for an injury he should miss 3 games at most.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
poor little guy. I had high hopes for him.

just another dude from the EPIC FAIL draft class.
What were his stats last year?
I definitely think Dixon earned more carries.

I didn't like James from the moment we drafted him. Something about his personality rubbed me the wrong way. He seemed cocky and not really that excited to be a Niner. It was just the subtle things in his interviews that bothered me. I'm not glad he's hurt, but it wouldn't bother me if we traded him tomorrow.