There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

I think he's trying too hard to keep a bubble of space between him and the defenders. He needs to take those yards like boobie was doing today.
Originally posted by denali22:
are you guys watching the same LMJ im watching? i mean seriously.. i see him doing nothing but good things with what hes going against. hes gonna be with us for a long time.

yea, i don't get all the hate. Dude is the most elusive guy we have. Did you not see that double spin move!!! You can't even do that s**t in madden.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by denali22:
are you guys watching the same LMJ im watching? i mean seriously.. i see him doing nothing but good things with what hes going against. hes gonna be with us for a long time.

yea, i don't get all the hate. Dude is the most elusive guy we have. Did you not see that double spin move!!! You can't even do that s**t in madden.

I've never been a fan of backs that are willing to lose ground. Barry was the only one to consistently do this with any success. He needs to hit the holes faster.
As a 3rd RB and decent kick returner, the Niners are fortunate to have him. With Gore and a healthy Hunter in front of him, he can be a great change of pace back and potential game breaker in the open field. He whiffed on one pass protection early to give up a sack and did not have his best game running behind the first team AND second team o line. Still think the Niners could do a lot worse.
I would say disappointing is the word for James. He should be making more of an impact. I don't really see any of the explosiveness he showed in college translating to the pro level. Disappointing. AJ Jenkins and LaMichael James, talk about a terrible 1-2 in a draft.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Aug 25, 2013 at 9:06 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
hampton did some nice things but esp with the way dixon has been playing, no way the kid makes this roster,, by the way,, any word on the elbow injury james sustained tonight
Originally posted by bzborow1:
I would say disappointing is the word for James. He should be making more of an impact. I don't really see any of the explosiveness he showed in college translating to the pro level. Disappointing. AJ Jenkins and LaMichael James, talk about a terrible 1-2 in a draft.

I don't understand what people are expecting from LMJ. Are they expecting him to truck linebackers to the ground? The guy is extremely quick and constantly gets something out of nothing.
There were a couple sweep plays where there were five defenders on him the moment he got the ball. Sometimes he broke free, other times not. He can't be Barry Sanders on every play.
Question becomes if Frank is still holding down the starter role next year, Hunter stays the same, and Latt is as advertised....what happenes to James? Are we going to carry 4 RB's and keep them all active? If he isn't owning a ST spot solidly, could he be in trouble....?

I would hate to think a 2nd rounder was 4th on the depth chart.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Question becomes if Frank is still holding down the starter role next year, Hunter stays the same, and Latt is as advertised....what happenes to James? Are we going to carry 4 RB's and keep them all active? If he isn't owning a ST spot solidly, could he be in trouble....?

Good point, but we don't have to worry about that until next year. Unless there is a catastrophe, there is no reason to rush Lattimore into action.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Good point, but we don't have to worry about that until next year. Unless there is a catastrophe, there is no reason to rush Lattimore into action.

Latt is a huge question mark anyway.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I don't understand what people are expecting from LMJ. Are they expecting him to truck linebackers to the ground? The guy is extremely quick and constantly gets something out of nothing.
There were a couple sweep plays where there were five defenders on him the moment he got the ball. Sometimes he broke free, other times not. He can't be Barry Sanders on every play.

This. Thank you. I just can't wait to see us get the ball to him in space. It'll be fun to watch.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
This. Thank you. I just can't wait to see us get the ball to him in space. It'll be fun to watch.

I liked watching LMJ play at oregon. it was exciting to watch. Unfortunately, he hasnt carried that caliber of play with him to the nfl. He needs to take a page out of Gire's book and be a little more patient behind the line. running into the ass of an o lineman isnt going to get you any yards
Originally posted by xtm059:

I liked watching LMJ play at oregon. it was exciting to watch. Unfortunately, he hasnt carried that caliber of play with him to the nfl. He needs to take a page out of Gire's book and be a little more patient behind the line. running into the ass of an o lineman isnt going to get you any yards

Where is this coming from? I didn't even see him do that at all tonight. He was constantly stuffed at the line tonight and always found a way to fight and escape for extra yards (except for one play where he screwed up and tried to switch fields and got caught.)
Originally posted by xtm059:

If he carried his production from Oregon into the NFL, he would already be a first ballot Hall-of-Famer.