There are 216 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looked good to me tonight.
He established himself as the number three. Now I'm interested to see what he can do as more of a pass catcher.
dude makes me paranoid catching punts. He's so jittery and always falling over when he does it.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Someone should make a cut up of all his runs behind the 1st string offensive line. He's running we'll.

so hampoton and dixon and others are not running behind the 1st string oline and look much better than LMJ so imagine them behind the 1st string line as well

When Lmj is running with the 2nd team lines he's has faced 1st team defenses.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we're stacked at RB. It's gonna be a good year for all 3.
He has the skills to be a lot better than he is. Too much east/west and dancing. Bad vision. He has me concerned. I hate some of the things about how he runs. I also love some of the ability.
are you guys watching the same LMJ im watching? i mean seriously.. i see him doing nothing but good things with what hes going against. hes gonna be with us for a long time.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I think he's trying too hard to keep a bubble of space between him and the defenders. He needs to take those yards like boobie was doing today.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by denali22:
are you guys watching the same LMJ im watching? i mean seriously.. i see him doing nothing but good things with what hes going against. hes gonna be with us for a long time.

yea, i don't get all the hate. Dude is the most elusive guy we have. Did you not see that double spin move!!! You can't even do that s**t in madden.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by denali22:

yea, i don't get all the hate. Dude is the most elusive guy we have. Did you not see that double spin move!!! You can't even do that s**t in madden.

I've never been a fan of backs that are willing to lose ground. Barry was the only one to consistently do this with any success. He needs to hit the holes faster.

As a 3rd RB and decent kick returner, the Niners are fortunate to have him. With Gore and a healthy Hunter in front of him, he can be a great change of pace back and potential game breaker in the open field. He whiffed on one pass protection early to give up a sack and did not have his best game running behind the first team AND second team o line. Still think the Niners could do a lot worse.
I would say disappointing is the word for James. He should be making more of an impact. I don't really see any of the explosiveness he showed in college translating to the pro level. Disappointing. AJ Jenkins and LaMichael James, talk about a terrible 1-2 in a draft.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Aug 25, 2013 at 9:06 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
hampton did some nice things but esp with the way dixon has been playing, no way the kid makes this roster,, by the way,, any word on the elbow injury james sustained tonight
Originally posted by bzborow1:
I would say disappointing is the word for James. He should be making more of an impact. I don't really see any of the explosiveness he showed in college translating to the pro level. Disappointing. AJ Jenkins and LaMichael James, talk about a terrible 1-2 in a draft.

I don't understand what people are expecting from LMJ. Are they expecting him to truck linebackers to the ground? The guy is extremely quick and constantly gets something out of nothing.
There were a couple sweep plays where there were five defenders on him the moment he got the ball. Sometimes he broke free, other times not. He can't be Barry Sanders on every play.
Share 49ersWebzone