LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 390 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I still say this is the year we start to see Roman calling some screens. They'll all be coming hard for Kap. The timing is perfect. I can just imagine James with a couple of linemen in front of him and only a linebacker and a safety to beat. 25 yards - boom!

Absolutely... I've been waiting for them to call some screen calls for the last couple of years..
I like James and hope the extra weight will help him succeed. Last year he looked like a light bowling ball that was thrown too hard; it bounces off the first pin it hits...
My boy is running hard tonight. Breaking a bunch of tackles, debunking the myth on here that he's just a weak scat back.

And then as soon as I say that, he runs for a huge loss
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Aug 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM ]
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
My boy is running hard tonight. Breaking a bunch of tackles, debunking the myth on here that he's just a weak scat back.

I'd argue that for all his slippery moves, he doesn't advance the ball much. Its all about north and south.
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:

I'd argue that for all his slippery moves, he doesn't advance the ball much. Its all about north and south.

All those slippery moves are when he's stopped at the line for no gain and uses his elusiveness to gain something out of nothing

That's just what I've seen.
All preseason when he runs behind the 1st team oline he looks good.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
hasnt impressed me this preseason
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:

All those slippery moves are when he's stopped at the line for no gain and uses his elusiveness to gain something out of nothing

That's just what I've seen.

That's a good point.
what does this guy add to the team?

i'm not really comfortable w/ him being a punt returner, i'd rather have kyle williams back there.

if they don't use him in space and get him lined up at wr spreads etc i don't see what he really does, he can't run between the tackles he dances way too much.

hope they are hiding some great packages w/ LMJ lined up in spread formations to utilize his strength in space
He's so fun to watch I'm glad we got em

Originally posted by ninersrule4:

is he? dancing behind the line of scrimmage and not having any power to run between the tackles is fun to watch?

they need to use him in space..i'm hopeful that is the plan and they aren't showing it til the season
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

is he? dancing behind the line of scrimmage and not having any power to run between the tackles is fun to watch?

they need to use him in space..i'm hopeful that is the plan and they aren't showing it til the season

Agreed. As it stands, he's not even close to being worth a 2nd, imo. The 2012 draft was a colossal bust and I don't need two more seasons to know it.
[ Edited by sweetDwilly on Aug 25, 2013 at 8:01 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I feel him being traded and jewel hampton becomes #3. LMJ just dont seem to have it unless it's the read option. in which case damn near every RB is good if the QB makes the correct read
Someone should make a cut up of all his runs behind the 1st string offensive line. He's running we'll.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by natrone06:
Someone should make a cut up of all his runs behind the 1st string offensive line. He's running we'll.

so hampoton and dixon and others are not running behind the 1st string oline and look much better than LMJ so imagine them behind the 1st string line as well
Share 49ersWebzone