There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Fumbles are a concern. Love Hunter, but he needs to get paid in a year or two.
Lets not kid ourselves here... Hunter is still #2 by far and away when healthy. He averaged over 5ypc last year, and is a mini Eddie George running on the inside not to mention he rarely loses yards.

However that being said, I do think LMJ will have a breakout year in a Sproles type roll. He will be our change of pace back that can still hit the middle, a short route receiving option and special teams star. Gore will get allot of rest this season and be primed for our playoff run with two capable backs behind him.

My big question is whether Hampton or Harper can unseat Dixon as the ST/RB combo we seem to always put on the roster.
Originally posted by susweel:
kendoll Hunter is a better rb but lmj is better in special teams

I completely disagree with this. I would argue LMJ will have a better career as a RB than Hunter.

I know the 49ers are trying to use him as a sproles type of role but somebody will get some carries besides Frank this year.

If I had to choose between Hunter and LMJ, I'm choosing LMJ. I've seen enough to be hopeful that LMJ can be a very productive featured back.
Originally posted by fister30:
I completely disagree with this. I would argue LMJ will have a better career as a RB than Hunter.

I know the 49ers are trying to use him as a sproles type of role but somebody will get some carries besides Frank this year.

If I had to choose between Hunter and LMJ, I'm choosing LMJ. I've seen enough to be hopeful that LMJ can be a very productive featured back.

I just love the fact that people on here are arguing over who's the better back because when its all said and done we got both! Both will contribute, Frank will be Frank, and we got Lat developing for when he can't be! Our RB stable is just ridiculous, with potential to be the best group ever

Kendal Hunter is really good
I watched Oregon games and LMJ can run inside and get the tough yards. This year I'm sure he'll break some long runs frm scrimmage and special teams. Hunter should be the feature back at some point. Lattimore could be the best of all if he overcomes his injuries. Jewel Hampton has ability and could surprise. Looks like the 49ers are set at running back.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Kendal Hunter is really good

I wouldn't be heart broken if hunter got more carries. I like hunter.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Lets not kid ourselves here... Hunter is still #2 by far and away when healthy. He averaged over 5ypc last year, and is a mini Eddie George running on the inside not to mention he rarely loses yards.

However that being said, I do think LMJ will have a breakout year in a Sproles type roll. He will be our change of pace back that can still hit the middle, a short route receiving option and special teams star. Gore will get allot of rest this season and be primed for our playoff run with two capable backs behind him.

My big question is whether Hampton or Harper can unseat Dixon as the ST/RB combo we seem to always put on the roster.

Hate to burst your bubble, but nobody has returned to 100% after an Achilles rupture.
How come a tiny guy like LaMichael can add 10 lbs. of muscle and AJ Jenkins can only add 4?....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How come a tiny guy like LaMichael can add 10 lbs. of muscle and AJ Jenkins can only add 4?....
work ethic. I am sure that is a depressing answer as we are talking about a first round draft choice but that is the best I got
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I just love the fact that people on here are arguing over who's the better back because when its all said and done we got both! Both will contribute, Frank will be Frank, and we got Lat developing for when he can't be! Our RB stable is just ridiculous, with potential to be the best group ever

foreal, our group reminds me of miami when they had gore, portis and mcgahee at the same time. i do think if james gets a shot at some caries he will make an impact and never look back. hunter is a solid all around back but theres no way they can let a player as explosive as james just sit on the bench.
I think Harbaugh has huge things in store for LaMichael. Even more so now that Crabtree is out, he will be utilized as a major weapon in many different ways. Gore is gonna be the number one, but the rest is up in the air. Hunter coming off a torn achillies, Harbaugh will play the guy who is just having the better camp. Its just the way he is. Its all about competition and I wouldnt be suprised to see Hunter getting less carries because of him coming off a pretty significant injury.
Not just for LMJ but for:

A.J
Kendall Hunter
Ahmad Brooks
Hunter seems a more traditional pass catching, all around back; whereas James is a ball of fire waiting to explode--really capable of being an impact player. I love both guys and see them in very different roles. Add Lattimore and this team is really stocked going forward. As Gore winds down there shouldn't be a fall off. When I think of what Baalke has done with this position...wow! Is there another team in the NFL with a group near this one in talent?
maaan shout outs to la michael my boy from oregon yo x)- yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee