There are 424 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

I'm so happy for LMJ, he's quietly becoming a threat in this offense as he was in Oregon! I was ecstatic when he scored his first TD of the year (which was the spring board to the comeback), in the biggest game of the season! Big time players show up in big time games!

The Ravens will not have an answer for this guy and he could very well be the x-factor. Also, the thought of Kaep/Gore/Hunter/LMJ combo next season in the pistol is just ridiculous. Just think about that for a sec.
[ Edited by verb1der on Jan 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
He is having a small size and good speed but he is no power to run to hits.. oh well.. He need gains to power to hits and run too strong..

naw, i hope he stays the same size. his speed and elusiveness is what makes him badass. he doesnt look that small to me

I don't care about the size small but small size is too good. If the LB and Dline can tackle him so hard. James will get hurt too easy his knee.. he was lost game at Seahawks last sunday night.. did u watch it? I already watch it..

fine he is ok being. trust the harbaugh coach jim!!!

LOL...Are you to speak some sort of ebonics-Yoda talk?...Me thinks...
I am warming up to the idea of a Hunter/James tandem in 2-3 years. I feel as though a power running game is defined in how the OL blocks more so than the actual running style of the RBs. For example, if James is running up the middle with Iupati/Goodwin/Boone plowing ahead, that's a power run even though James isn't breaking tackles. As long as the O line remains a strength, the 49ers running game is in good hands with Hunter/James/(insert short yardage back).
Originally posted by thl408:
I am warming up to the idea of a Hunter/James tandem in 2-3 years. I feel as though a power running game is defined in how the OL blocks more so than the actual running style of the RBs. For example, if James is running up the middle with Iupati/Goodwin/Boone plowing ahead, that's a power run even though James isn't breaking tackles. As long as the O line remains a strength, the 49ers running game is in good hands with Hunter/James/(insert short yardage back).

Totally! Both are solid between the tackles and can relieve one another so neither is taking a lot of punishment.

I really hope we utilize LMJ on the 3rd. We REALLY need to take advantage of the BAL lack of speed in their front 7. LMJ is looking more and more comfortable running with that ball the more he plays. He's beginning to look like Darren Sproles out there.

Would love to see Vernon take Lewis out and then do a circle route with LMJ like the Saints do with Sproles. Right into the seam for a huge gain.
dude is stepping up. Running, catching passes, returning kicks, pass blocking. Looking like a great puzzle piece to our upcoming dynasty!
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
dude is stepping up. Running, catching passes, returning kicks, pass blocking. Looking like a great puzzle piece to our upcoming dynasty!

He looks special to me. The speed and cuts he makes are nice. And he is holding up to NFL tacklers. He doesn't just get blown up.
James is another great pick up. He has a different speed.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
dude is stepping up. Running, catching passes, returning kicks, pass blocking. Looking like a great puzzle piece to our upcoming dynasty!

He looks special to me. The speed and cuts he makes are nice. And he is holding up to NFL tacklers. He doesn't just get blown up.

I get that same "special" vibe from him too. It's crazy, I remember seeing him in the preseason and thinking "not as fast or explosive as Oregon, i cant see him in a Sproles-ian light...the game might just be too fast for him"

Not only has he gotten just as fast and explosive as Oregon, but he runs with no wasted movements, has the most insane acceleration off the cut, can hang with the big bodies of pro ball, and he's pretty football savvy too. I fo sho see special
[ Edited by Uce_Almighty on Jan 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM ]
Can't wait to see him get more into the passing game. I could see James in open space being deadly
Originally posted by Uce_Almighty:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
dude is stepping up. Running, catching passes, returning kicks, pass blocking. Looking like a great puzzle piece to our upcoming dynasty!

He looks special to me. The speed and cuts he makes are nice. And he is holding up to NFL tacklers. He doesn't just get blown up.

I get that same "special" vibe from him too. It's crazy, I remember seeing him in the preseason and thinking "not as fast or explosive as Oregon, i cant see him in a Sproles-ian light...the game might just be too fast for him"

Not only has he gotten just as fast and explosive as Oregon, but he runs with no wasted movements, has the most insane acceleration off the cut, can hang with the big bodies of pro ball, and he's pretty football savvy too. I fo sho see special

I felt the exact same thing. Frankly, he looked bad in the pre-season. Indecisive and not explosive at all really. But that is why mean and you are fans and Jim Harbaugh is Jim Harbaugh
[ Edited by diablo on Jan 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM ]
Whenever I see James on the field I think to myself man would we even play him if Hunter wasn't hurt? Crazy! I still firmly believe Hunter is the better overall RB but we have got to find ways to get all three of them the ball next year. I wish we could somehow get all of them in the game now, it sux that Hunter is hurt although the Manningham injury has proven more costly to the team
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm so happy for LMJ, he's quietly becoming a threat in this offense as he was in Oregon! I was ecstatic when he scored his first TD of the year (which was the spring board to the comeback), in the biggest game of the season! Big time players show up in big time games!

The Ravens will not have an answer for this guy and he could very well be the x-factor. Also, the thought of Kaep/Gore/Hunter/LMJ combo next season in the pistol is just ridiculous. Just think about that for a sec.

Everything you just said.

I think LaMikes speed and change of direction ability coupled with what we do in the pistol is going to be on full display against an aging Ravens D.

As for Gore, Hunter and James in the backfield with Kap, it makes me moist just thinking about it.
i think theyll be giving LMJ quite a few carries in the superbowl to tire out that old ass defense. atl spied kaepernick on every play and there were huge holes on lots of those gore runs. the coaches know kaep is a major threat to run and i can see the ravens doing the same. damned if you do damned if you dont. i really think we have an offense that cant be stopped right now and were missing hunter, manningham and williams still.
Let the records show, James is a beast!
Boss