LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After watching the game, props to the guy for good pass protection. He cleaned up a blitzer on several plays and on some key KAep runs.

Also, he is so compact he hides that run option real well. Its a dangerous play with Kaep, especially if Gore and James can keep having success in the middle.

Gire and LeMic, FTSB!
Saw him take out Matthews' legs on one play I think!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
He is having a small size and good speed but he is no power to run to hits.. oh well.. He need gains to power to hits and run too strong..

naw, i hope he stays the same size. his speed and elusiveness is what makes him badass. he doesnt look that small to me

I don't care about the size small but small size is too good. If the LB and Dline can tackle him so hard. James will get hurt too easy his knee.. he was lost game at Seahawks last sunday night.. did u watch it? I already watch it..

fine he is ok being. trust the harbaugh coach jim!!!
LMJ such an awesome first TD today and amazing first season!
I especially liked the one were he "submarined" between two defenders into a 6-7 yds gain when at first it looked like no gain one yard loss run ...
Much more than an outside runner. I can't wait to see him, Hunter, and Gore on the field at the same time.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm starting to like LMJ over Hunter. More speed from LMJ and good in pass protection.
I'm so happy for LMJ, he's quietly becoming a threat in this offense as he was in Oregon! I was ecstatic when he scored his first TD of the year (which was the spring board to the comeback), in the biggest game of the season! Big time players show up in big time games!

The Ravens will not have an answer for this guy and he could very well be the x-factor. Also, the thought of Kaep/Gore/Hunter/LMJ combo next season in the pistol is just ridiculous. Just think about that for a sec.
[ Edited by verb1der on Jan 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM ]
He is having a small size and good speed but he is no power to run to hits.. oh well.. He need gains to power to hits and run too strong..

naw, i hope he stays the same size. his speed and elusiveness is what makes him badass. he doesnt look that small to me

I don't care about the size small but small size is too good. If the LB and Dline can tackle him so hard. James will get hurt too easy his knee.. he was lost game at Seahawks last sunday night.. did u watch it? I already watch it..

fine he is ok being. trust the harbaugh coach jim!!!

LOL...Are you to speak some sort of ebonics-Yoda talk?...Me thinks...
  • thl408
I am warming up to the idea of a Hunter/James tandem in 2-3 years. I feel as though a power running game is defined in how the OL blocks more so than the actual running style of the RBs. For example, if James is running up the middle with Iupati/Goodwin/Boone plowing ahead, that's a power run even though James isn't breaking tackles. As long as the O line remains a strength, the 49ers running game is in good hands with Hunter/James/(insert short yardage back).

Originally posted by thl408:
I am warming up to the idea of a Hunter/James tandem in 2-3 years. I feel as though a power running game is defined in how the OL blocks more so than the actual running style of the RBs. For example, if James is running up the middle with Iupati/Goodwin/Boone plowing ahead, that's a power run even though James isn't breaking tackles. As long as the O line remains a strength, the 49ers running game is in good hands with Hunter/James/(insert short yardage back).

Totally! Both are solid between the tackles and can relieve one another so neither is taking a lot of punishment.

I really hope we utilize LMJ on the 3rd. We REALLY need to take advantage of the BAL lack of speed in their front 7. LMJ is looking more and more comfortable running with that ball the more he plays. He's beginning to look like Darren Sproles out there.

Would love to see Vernon take Lewis out and then do a circle route with LMJ like the Saints do with Sproles. Right into the seam for a huge gain.
dude is stepping up. Running, catching passes, returning kicks, pass blocking. Looking like a great puzzle piece to our upcoming dynasty!
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
dude is stepping up. Running, catching passes, returning kicks, pass blocking. Looking like a great puzzle piece to our upcoming dynasty!

He looks special to me. The speed and cuts he makes are nice. And he is holding up to NFL tacklers. He doesn't just get blown up.
James is another great pick up. He has a different speed.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by notsoempty86:

He looks special to me. The speed and cuts he makes are nice. And he is holding up to NFL tacklers. He doesn't just get blown up.

I get that same "special" vibe from him too. It's crazy, I remember seeing him in the preseason and thinking "not as fast or explosive as Oregon, i cant see him in a Sproles-ian light...the game might just be too fast for him"

Not only has he gotten just as fast and explosive as Oregon, but he runs with no wasted movements, has the most insane acceleration off the cut, can hang with the big bodies of pro ball, and he's pretty football savvy too. I fo sho see special
[ Edited by Uce_Almighty on Jan 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone